Nobody

Queen Elizabeth II has died

9 minutes ago, i talk to jesus said:

it is interesting how the queen's reign happened to coincide with women's fight for liberation & she died just as women's rights are dying. it feels like an omen from God. bad things are coming for women.

bad things has been happening to women for all of the 96 years she's lived, maybe you're talking about the US in specific, I don't know where you're from. but trust me, women in the rest of the world never stopped struggling to have their rights

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

It's really sad that she passed away and I do feel sorry for her family but she doesn't really mean anything to me. We've never met, I don't have a personal relationship with her, she was just a person who happened to be born into an incredibly wealthy, well known family. I don't hate her, but I hate the system that allows the royals to take £100m of the UK taxpayers' money so she could afford to live in extravagant mansions and defend her pedophile son in court. Not to mention that this is during a cost of living crisis where many people are choosing between being able to eat or heat their homes this winter. I comparatively have much less sympathy for a person who lived a long, happy and pampered life of 96 years and died peacefully, surrounded by loved ones in a fucking castle.

3 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

It's really sad that she passed away and I do feel sorry for her family but she doesn't really mean anything to me. We've never met, I don't have a personal relationship with her, she was just a person who happened to be born into an incredibly wealthy, well known family. I don't hate her, but I hate the system that allows the royals to take £100m of the UK taxpayers' money so she could afford to live in extravagant mansions and defend her pedophile son in court. Not to mention that this is during a cost of living crisis where many people are choosing between being able to eat or heat their homes this winter. I comparatively have much less sympathy for a person who lived a long, happy and pampered life of 96 years and died peacefully, surrounded by loved ones in a fucking castle.

Plus it's going to impact normal people who don't care as they enforce stuff on us, like they are supposedly cancelling all sports and all kinds of stuff. A lot of people only go out or meet friends and family every week to go to sporting events.

Nobody dying should be affecting anyone or anything thats got nothing to do with them.

7 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

100%, would never cheer on someones death. But I think it would be wrong and censorship to expect this thread to be all ‘RIP the queen what a lovely women’ and nothing negative or critical allowed. We all have different feelings about the royals and this is a discussion forum not an echo chamber. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

5 minutes ago, Barry said:

Plus it's going to impact normal people who don't care as they enforce stuff on us, like they are supposedly cancelling all sports and all kinds of stuff. A lot of people only go out or meet friends and family every week to go to sporting events.

Nobody dying should be affecting anyone or anything thats got nothing to do with them.

A day off work next week would be nice, we need time to grieve :oprah3:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

9 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

bad things has been happening to women for all of the 96 years she's lived, maybe you're talking about the US in specific, I don't know where you're from. but trust me, women in the rest of the world never stopped struggling to have their rights

i am not from america. this is not referring to anything america-specific. i was merely referring to how in the western world our rights had improved throughout the 20th century but have started going backwards the past few years. i know things have been bad for women since the beginning of time & in some countries nothing ever got better & we have never had completely equal rights to men anywhere in the world. but things are getting worse & it is eerie how it is happening at the same time a prominent woman in power has passed. i never meant to offend anyone with this statement.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

2 hours ago, Rachel97 said:

I have a lot of complicated feelings about the monarchy that I won't share here, but she felt like a constant presence here in the UK for so long, that it almost doesn't feel real

Same. Especially how Britain hates my country with passion. At the same time it's the prime ministers, queen Elizabeth was been just there. I feel like it's tone deaf to talk about that until everything dies down (no pun intended). 

1 hour ago, BlueINK said:

What I don't get is why Charles is king now, I mean really?! Their institution is slowly going down the drain if they don't modernize some stuff. Kate and William would be a much better choice. 

I mean I don't really care about if they're successful or not (if at all I only really like the Swedish royals) but anybody can see that they need to become a lot more modern.

I mean, they're not supposed to skip generations but I understand why people want William to be the king. He's literally at the ripe age for a duty like that. I literally don't see the royal family being modern and by the looks of it, people love to eat up the good ol' royal drama. They're like reality TV stars. I don't see how a royal family can even be modernized since the entire idea of the royal family is very outdated and feudal. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Elizabeth II was the last big monument of the English and world monarchy, she was a bit the last "old" to be directly linked to the ancient kings and her disappearance shows us how much humans can have everything in life but they don't will never be strong in the face of death. It's sad that she left and I understand the English who mourn her because they are losing a "mom", a protector of the country. :legend:

But personally I never liked this family, afterwards I am not English so I am not exactly affected by this loss. I can't stand the dramas and superficiality all around them. Even if it is "beautiful" and vintage, monarchy of this type should definitely end, and I think this ceremony will be indecent in the eyes of all because inflation is eating away at us every day and people are getting poorer while suffering a lot. The English will have to pay with their own money... 

Like all very affluent families, there are always secrets, bizarre stories, they are not clean. I put them side by side with the Rothschild family, it's the same delirium. They are not rich for nothing. They had to exploit people to get there, and pedophilia and other crap... She knew a lot about it and had a lot of staff to carry out her desires.

That said, I think a lot about Lady Di tonight who will find the one who tormented her in part. 

7 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

A day off work next week should be in store, we need time to grieve :oprah3:

Im a Celtic fan and we (mostly) hate the Royal family :oopna: we even sing about her cousin I think or uncle or nephew some relation to her Lord Mountbatten(another paedophile) who was blown up. It'll make national news probably if we are allowed to play on Saturday, the minutes silence will sound like half party half warzone :awk:

i just want to say that i find the idolization of someone in a position of power weird :oprah3: she is very historically significant… i’ll give her that. but so were all of the nasty, evil, and cruel rulers we study in school. people in power, for the most part, are corrupt and dont have the peoples best interest in mind. i dont know much about the royal family but i do know that the queen wasnt an angel. however, a death in any context is sad so im sending well wishes to her family. 

All respect to her & her royal family 

but i will still keep in mind that she herself did support the French government to continue to colonize my home country back then - The Vietnam war period (before the US). I wish her  to rest in peace but i wont forget the history.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Hey, everyone!

As I had a feeling of, this thread became messy quite quickly. Let's see if we can make the tone in here better!

• People will have different opinions; that's simply how it is, and something everyone will need to accept. Some feel bad for the Queen, some think of her family members, some see a part of themselves in the Royal family, and others don't care, strongly dislike everything the monarchy stands for and would like for it all to disappear. I think we all can understand that. However, this thread is not the place to discuss how England's monarch(s) has affected the world, or what it symbolises or stands for! Please only comment about the queen's passing, or maybe update what they're saying about it in your own countries.
  • Discussing scandals of the royal family members don't suit in here either (as disgusting as they may be)
  • Please don't make inappropriate jokes about death, or joke how other users here decide to handle this news
  • As always, remember there's another person sitting on the other side of the screen and has feelings! Be kind to each other, pick your words wisely. Discuss without unnecessary hurtful words or sounding inflammatory.

I'll leave the thread open for now, but if any of the other mods or the admin decide that it's better to lock it, please respect their decision!

Thanks for reading, and cooperating!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png