Nobody

Queen Elizabeth II has died

wow this news is honestly sending me today.  i actually knew the queen.  we hadn't spoken or met for a few years, but i fondly remember the times i spent with her.  a decade back, she was really going thru tough stuff emotionally just thinking about how being queen had sort of prevented her from ever having like a hot girl summer, you know? or a slut phase. or even a single rebellious phase.  anyway, she would sneak out of buckingham palace and get in my car and we'd go clubbing. shed always put on a cute disguise, and it was really cool seeing her sense of style and fashion blossom in like hot clubbing outfits.  she always had really cute dresses and accessories because she was rich as hell, but shed also get these really hot wigs that made her look like a totally different person.  i will always remember the time we got kicked out of the bar, went to taco bell, and drove and sat in my car at this lookout spot on a famous cliff and smoked a joint and listened to Born to Die for the first time... girl i will MISS you!  gone but not forgotten, seriously.  RIP Lizzy

I don’t have any thoughts or feelings. I would never celebrate the death of someone but I also think this isn’t a life worth celebrating given the colonial and racist history of the Royal Family.

It is always sad for the people close to whoever passed, and I can acknowledge the loss of someone’s loved one as a universal sentiment rather than the loss of the Queen.

25 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

patriarchal system ruled by a woman for 70 years

So? That doesn't change what I said. This family is who they are because of centuries-old patriarchal values, and I didn't even touch upon the colonialist plundering and pilfering of countless other nations (and the killing and maiming of said nations' citizens) which was all conducted under the guise of expanding the British Empire for the benefit of mostly (white) men, because I didn't wanna start a fight

:oopna2:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 hours ago, Clampigirl said:

Hey, everyone!

As I had a feeling of, this thread became messy quite quickly. Let's see if we can make the tone in here better!

• People will have different opinions; that's simply how it is, and something everyone will need to accept. Some feel bad for the Queen, some think of her family members, some see a part of themselves in the Royal family, and others don't care, strongly dislike everything the monarchy stands for and would like for it all to disappear. I think we all can understand that. However, this thread is not the place to discuss how England's monarch(s) has affected the world, or what it symbolises or stands for! Please only comment about the queen's passing, or maybe update what they're saying about it in your own countries.
  • Discussing scandals of the royal family members don't suit in here either (as disgusting as they may be)
  • Please don't make inappropriate jokes about death, or joke how other users here decide to handle this news
  • As always, remember there's another person sitting on the other side of the screen and has feelings! Be kind to each other, pick your words wisely. Discuss without unnecessary hurtful words or sounding inflammatory.

I'll leave the thread open for now, but if any of the other mods or the admin decide that it's better to lock it, please respect their decision!

Thanks for reading, and cooperating!

So basically we aren't allowed to criticize a person who had once controlled the world's largest empire? I don't mean to be rude with this, but I don't like that we can't talk about the negative impact she had.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, baddisease said:

So basically we aren't allowed to criticize a person who had once controlled the world's largest empire?

i think they just mean a thread on a Lana Del Rey forum is the least appropriate place to debate about this :kiss2:

Just now, Veinsineon said:

i think they just mean a thread on a Lana Del Rey forum is the least appropriate place to debate about this :kiss2:

that's probably true tbh. i understand.

giphy.gif

Sporting events called off following death of Queen Elizabeth II

Horse racing was halted on Thursday following the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, while Friday's play in the Test match between England and South Africa was called off.

All Friday's race meetings in Britain have also been cancelled, along with the same day's Rachael Heyhoe Flint cricket fixtures.

The second day of the PGA Championship on Friday will also not take place.

The English Football League has also postponed its two games on Friday.

Following the announcement, the Southwell horse racing meeting was halted after the second race, and Chelmsford after the fourth race.

The British Horseracing Authority is likely to take a decision on when horse racing will resume on Friday.

Play was also abandoned at the PGA Championship at Wentworth.

The Scottish Championship game on Friday between Cove Rangers and Dundee has been postponed.

The Tour of Britain called off Friday's sixth stage before also cancelling the weekend's remaining stages.

In rugby union, Northampton abandoned their Premiership Rugby Cup clash against Saracens scheduled for Thursday evening.

Scotland women's Test international against Spain on Sunday has been called off and Scottish Rugby has also postponed all domestic competitive games this weekend as a mark of respect.

Fuckin disgrace, basically all sport in the UK will be postponed probably for about 10 days when nobody gives a fuck. Treating us like North Korea:scoff:

17 minutes ago, Barry said:

Sporting events called off following death of Queen Elizabeth II

Sports are pretty boring anyway :party:

And didn’t they have a detailed scenario in case of queen’s passing for years???

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

32 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

Sports are pretty boring anyway :party:

And didn’t they have a detailed scenario in case of queen’s passing for years???

yeah i’ve def seen youtube videos about it 

negAbhB.png