Nobody

Queen Elizabeth II has died

Just now, baddisease said:

but there are commonwealth nations people who hate the Commonwealth and everything/one associated with it, too.

of course! But I just think it’s in really poor taste to be kind of celebrating / rejoicing in her death.

tbh I’m not a fan of the royal family whatsoever, but I’ve always really admired the queen- very dedicated to her country and her people

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

56 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

Considering I just lost my grandma this year who was the same age, 96 and i disagreed heavily with how she spent her life.... everyone of you in this thread who is being extremely disrespectful can politely fuck off. Sure, you can remember and point out some things you disagree with that she did, but she hasn't even been dead for a full fucking 24 hours and some of you are talking about how bad she was and blah blah blah. The worst part about it is some of you are proving how some in the gay community (which is a large part of the people on this forum) can be so accepting, so pro-women but can turn around and be so fucking blatantly misogynistic within the same sentence, which sucks because I don't feel I belong there. It's disgusting. We can talk about her wrong doings in another place at another time, but holy fuck. Can the poor woman rest for a day before she's cremated by all of you? You're so woke, do something better with your time other than belittling a 96 year old woman who died today. She was a WW2 mechanic. The woman's family is dealing with the death of their mom, grandma, great grandma, etc. Ffs, I hope you never have to deal with a death and meanwhile you're shamed just for existing. Thank fuck the royal family have no idea any of us exist on this site. Maybe I'm over reacting, but i really don't give a shit. The best part is, you're not even from the UK or any of those areas you're talking about. So why do you have a say in anything about it anyway? It doesn't affect you. I'm from the US so really, her death doesn't affect me much either, but I can still be respectful. She was kind, funny, she made people laugh a lot, she was elegant, she was beautiful and I don't care what any of you say, you should learn from her to be your best self, even when you make bad choices or decisions that affect someone else. I'm working on that myself. 

I'm gonna take a break from this site for a while. I'll be participating in the book club on sundays and i might do a status here and there, but I'm not really comfortable being here right now. Don't put me on voluntary leave please, I'll be back but I'm kind of done here for right now. Might be a week, might be a day, might be a year. Idk... I'm just over it.

e8c73a53033684af4639f0468230d3f54e291b14

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Clampigirl said:

Hey, everyone!

As I had a feeling of, this thread became messy quite quickly. Let's see if we can make the tone in here better!

• People will have different opinions; that's simply how it is, and something everyone will need to accept. Some feel bad for the Queen, some think of her family members, some see a part of themselves in the Royal family, and others don't care, strongly dislike everything the monarchy stands for and would like for it all to disappear. I think we all can understand that. However, this thread is not the place to discuss how England's monarch(s) has affected the world, or what it symbolises or stands for! Please only comment about the queen's passing, or maybe update what they're saying about it in your own countries.
  • Discussing scandals of the royal family members don't suit in here either (as disgusting as they may be)
  • Please don't make inappropriate jokes about death, or joke how other users here decide to handle this news
  • As always, remember there's another person sitting on the other side of the screen and has feelings! Be kind to each other, pick your words wisely. Discuss without unnecessary hurtful words or sounding inflammatory.

I'll leave the thread open for now, but if any of the other mods or the admin decide that it's better to lock it, please respect their decision!

Thanks for reading, and cooperating!

Just close this thread lmao

1 hour ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

fuck off. Sure, you can remember and point out some things you disagree with that she did, but she hasn't even been dead for a full fucking 24 hours and some of you are talking about how bad she was and blah blah blah. The worst part about it is some of you are proving how some in the gay community (which is a large part of the people on this forum) can be so accepting, so pro-women but can turn around and be so fucking blatantly misogynistic within the same sentence, which sucks because I don't feel I belong there. It's disgusting. We can talk about her wrong doings in another place at another time, but holy fuck. Can the poor woman rest for a day before she's cremated by all of you? You're so woke, do something better with your time other than belittling a 96 year old woman who died today. She was a WW2 mechanic. The woman's family is dealing with the death of their mom, grandma, great grandma, etc. Ffs, I hope you never have to deal with a death and meanwhile you're shamed just for existing. Thank fuck the royal family have no idea any of us exist on this site. Maybe I'm over reacting, but i really don't give a shit. The best part is, you're not even from the UK or any of those areas you're talking about. So why do you have a say in anything about it anyway? It doesn't affect you. I'm from the US so really, her death doesn't affect me much either, but I can still be respectful. She was kind, funny, she made people laugh a lot, she was elegant, she was beautiful and I don't care what any of you say, you should learn from her to be your best self, even when you make bad choices or decisions that affect someone else. I'm working on that myself. 

I'm gonna take a break from this site for a while. I'll be participating in the book club on sundays and i might do a status here and there, but I'm not really comfortable being here right now. Don't put me on voluntary leave please, I'll be back but I'm kind of done here for right now. Might be a week, might be a day, might be a year. Idk... I'm just over it.

wrdgaf it’s not a major holiday

I'm inside of my own human body and I don't even know it yet

yeah… i think i’m done, this thread is honestly disgusting, i don’t personally take issue with people not liking the queen, the monarchy, etc. i do not like seeing people mocking somebody else’s death, she was still a human-being who had to be the head of her country for 70 years, this isn’t putin, this isn’t trump, it’s just more complicated than that, a lot of people still love her & saw the value of her existence & life, it just feels really insensitive to practically celebrate & make a big fucking joke out of her death, there’s probably a lot of messy shit regarding her & her family, but they’re humans too, her family is suffering from the loss of their mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, & she’s dead, just move forward & forget about it if you don’t like her, if this were some regular person i’m sure nobody would feel the need to say anything, whatever, i don’t even care anymore

WGe8ynS.gif

12 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

Considering I just lost my grandma this year who was the same age, 96 and i disagreed heavily with how she spent her life.... everyone of you in this thread who is being extremely disrespectful can politely fuck off. Sure, you can remember and point out some things you disagree with that she did, but she hasn't even been dead for a full fucking 24 hours and some of you are talking about how bad she was and blah blah blah. The worst part about it is some of you are proving how some in the gay community (which is a large part of the people on this forum) can be so accepting, so pro-women but can turn around and be so fucking blatantly misogynistic within the same sentence, which sucks because I don't feel I belong there. It's disgusting. We can talk about her wrong doings in another place at another time, but holy fuck. Can the poor woman rest for a day before she's cremated by all of you? You're so woke, do something better with your time other than belittling a 96 year old woman who died today. She was a WW2 mechanic. The woman's family is dealing with the death of their mom, grandma, great grandma, etc. Ffs, I hope you never have to deal with a death and meanwhile you're shamed just for existing. Thank fuck the royal family have no idea any of us exist on this site. Maybe I'm over reacting, but i really don't give a shit. The best part is, you're not even from the UK or any of those areas you're talking about. So why do you have a say in anything about it anyway? It doesn't affect you. I'm from the US so really, her death doesn't affect me much either, but I can still be respectful. She was kind, funny, she made people laugh a lot, she was elegant, she was beautiful and I don't care what any of you say, you should learn from her to be your best self, even when you make bad choices or decisions that affect someone else. I'm working on that myself. 

"You're not even from the UK or any of those areas you're talking about. So why do you have a say in anything about it anyway? It doesn't affect you. I'm from the US..."

Hi bestie, I'm from a poor country in Latin America, wanna talk about colonialism? 

10 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

yeah… i think i’m done, this thread is honestly disgusting, i don’t personally take issue with people not liking the queen, the monarchy, etc. i do not like seeing people mocking somebody else’s death, she was still a human-being who had to be the head of her country for 70 years, this isn’t putin, this isn’t trump, it’s just more complicated than that, a lot of people still love her & saw the value of her existence & life, it just feels really insensitive to practically celebrate & make a big fucking joke out of her death, there’s probably a lot of messy shit regarding her & her family, but they’re humans too, her family is suffering from the loss of their mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, & she’s dead, just move forward & forget about it if you don’t like her, if this were some regular person i’m sure nobody would feel the need to say anything, whatever, i don’t even care anymore

I bet many people also liked Trump and Putin lol... 

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

Putin has the support of Russia and the Patriarchate of Moscow and All Rus (aka the Russian Orthodox Church). Trump has his MAGA clowns all over the country. How are they different and how is it any different?

6 minutes ago, xcxc said:

"You're not even from the UK or any of those areas you're talking about. So why do you have a say in anything about it anyway? It doesn't affect you. I'm from the US..."

Hi bestie, I'm from a poor country in Latin America, wanna talk about colonialism? 

I see you! I'm from a colonized country and I... I wanna go in but I don't wanna get more warning points.

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Putin has the support of Russia and the Patriarchate of Moscow and All Rus (aka the Russian Orthodox Church). Trump has his MAGA clowns all over the country. How are they different and how is it any different?

I see you! I'm from a colonized country and I... I wanna go in but I don't wanna get more warning points.

Yeah I just don't know why someone would ban/censor you for talking about history and enlightening people with historical facts (?)

7 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Are you for real? How are Putin and Trump (and their supporters) different from a constitutional monarch with no real powers and the people who liked her? It's different in that QEII was a figurehead. Sure she may have been a figurehead of a complicated institution, but did she declare war on anyone? Threaten to launch nukes at anyone? She did not, in her 70 years on the throne, even make a public statement supporting or defying a single political event. She was the closest thing to a totally neutral head of state the world has seen in 70-odd years. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

11 minutes ago, Mer said:

Are you for real? How are Putin and Trump (and their supporters) different from a constitutional monarch with no real powers and the people who liked her? It's different in that QEII was a figurehead. Sure she may have been a figurehead of a complicated institution, but did she declare war on anyone? Threaten to launch nukes at anyone? She did not, in her 70 years on the throne, even make a public statement supporting or defying a single political event. She was the closest thing to a totally neutral head of state the world has seen in 70-odd years. 

The institution is more than complicated. It is evil. From Ireland, to Africa, to the Americas, to the Middle East, to Oceania... the Monarchy has done or represented evil things. And it makes me incredibly angry for people to reduce that to "Oh she was just a beloved old woman!"

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, baddisease said:

The institution is more than complicated. It is evil. From Ireland, to Africa, to the Americas, to the Middle East, to Oceania... the Monarchy has done or represented evil things. And it makes me incredibly angry for people to reduce that to "Oh she was just a beloved old woman!"

That’s skirting around your initial comment wondering “how she’s different from trump and Putin” but whatever. I’m done. This is beyond. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Just now, Mer said:

That’s skirting around your initial comment wondering “how she’s different from trump and Putin” but whatever. I’m done. This is beyond. 

care to explain how?

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, baddisease said:

So uh, did you miss the part where the British ruled a good chunk of the world?

Be fuckin fr.

Last I knew, when Barbados declared independence she didn't send some sort of Wehrmacht to reclaim it!

Yall are actually fucking braindead for crying over shit that occurred over a century ago that she had no personal involvement in. What happened in the past can remain in the past. Move. On.

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

Just now, slut4davegahan said:

Be fuckin fr.

Last I knew, when Barbados declared independence she didn't send some sort of Wehrmacht to reclaim it!

Yall are actually fucking braindead for crying over shit that occurred over a century ago that she had no personal involvement in. What happened in the past can remain in the past. Move. On.

"What happened in the past can remain in the past."

spoken like someone who has never been impacted by the effects of the past.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, baddisease said:

"What happened in the past can remain in the past."

spoken like someone who has never been impacted by the effects of the past.

I'm Irish. And I can guarantee you I don't spend my life in misery thinking about what my ancestors went through. What happened to my ancestors happened in the past and it means little to nothing to me.

I refuse to spend my life crying over events or other things that happened to my ancestors. If it didn't happen to me, IDGAF.

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

4 minutes ago, slut4davegahan said:

Be fuckin fr.

The monarchy/royal family is very present as today bbygurl. There are MULTIPLE monuments that celebrate this institution and its "achievements" all over the world... just in 2021 (last year!) Indigenous people from Canada toppled a statue of Queen Elizabeth II, that celebrated what? That she was a lovely old lady?