Sign in to follow this  
niandra lades

Reggaeton & Latin Trap

Hi! I don't know if this is a repeated thread. If so, I apologize. I decided to start a thread on Reggaeton and Latin trap in means to share and discuss songs, artists and albums. It's obviously a very general thread! I'd like to start by sharing the Rolling Stones' ranking of Reggaeton songs and some songs I personally love, from oldies to the new stuff! 

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

La Goony Chonga is so great and seems so sweet, I will listen to her more! She kills it in this song with La Zowi, whom I saw live the other night! They're so good together :smile3:

4 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

La Goony Chonga is fire and kills it in this song. I love La Zowi too, I saw her the other night! They're so good together :smile3:

this song is fire, never listened to la zowi before

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

10 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

this song is fire, never listened to la zowi before

She's amazing really! Yung Beef's, who's also featured in the song, full artistic name is Young and Beautiful AKA Lana Del Rey... he's a fave really and I kinda resent him because he was following Lana in the Honeymoon account way before I was following her... :wtf3: 

6 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

miss mariah angeliq has some bops too my fav is hey siri

Your music taste is so good!! Mariah is going to become a legend, I'm sure :crying5: her easy going, laid back flow is amazing. I knew her because of Perreito but listened to her more after she dropped a song with Guaynaa (Rebota? An amazing song, the oldies reincarnated). Reggaeton de Antes, a song she has with Ecko, is one of the highlights of his career really, and I really like Ecko.

I also love this one :dance:

20 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

She's amazing really! Yung Beef's, who's also featured in the song, full artistic name is Young and Beautiful AKA Lana Del Rey... he's a fave really and I kinda resent him because he was following Lana in the Honeymoon account way before I was following her... :wtf3: 

omg that's so cool I had no idea about him. lana really is a queen :xcry:

20 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

Your music taste is so good!! Mariah is going to become a legend, I'm sure :crying5: her easy going, laid back flow is amazing. I knew her because of Perreito but listened to her more after she dropped a song with Guaynaa (Rebota? An amazing song, the oldies reincarnated). Reggaeton de Antes, a song she has with Ecko, is one of the highlights of his career really, and I really like Ecko.

right?? I love her style too, been following her on instagram and it seems she's been making new music I'm excited :party: 

tbh I'm kinda new to the reggaeton world since BR is so separated from the rest of latin america culture and language wise. we have our thing going on here and I actually don't know many artists, so I'm loving the suggestions! I actually got to know mariah because she's featured in two different brazilian artists songs.

took me a while to go after her music but I'm glad I did! also glad the latin industry is finally coming together (slowly, but it is) and the labels are making these feature songs happen, it's insane the amount of famous latin artists we never heard of before

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

12 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

tbh I'm kinda new to the reggaeton world since BR is so separated from the rest of latin america culture and language wise. we have our thing going on here and I actually don't know many artists, so I'm loving the suggestions! I actually got to know mariah because she's featured in two different brazilian artists songs.

took me a while to go after her music but I'm glad I did! also glad the latin industry is finally coming together (slowly, but it is) and the labels are making these feature songs happen, it's insane the amount of famous latin artists we never heard of before

yes! BR has different musical influences & culture, and let's not start in the language! we live so close yet i don't understand a tad bit of Portuguese. the other day i decided to make a Feijoada, tho! but that's another story. tbh, i'm not that new in reggaeton (my mom used to listen to tego calderon a lot when i was a kid!), but only a few years back I decided to truly indulge in it! here it's the most popular music genre and i was surrounded by it 24/7 so there was really no escape. here, the only known brazilian artist is anitta, who's gorgeous btw and sings beautifully. i love her song downtown w j balvin :lush: whom i'm seeing next month (so excited!) and her song with justin quiles too (he's great, have you ever listened to him?). i'm also super happy abt that, bc in the 00s it became popular, but it didn't become global in the broader sense and i'm glad it happened! reggaeton is still a young genre, and there's still a lot to do creatively and performance wise in it, i'm sure! :smile3: i like it because you can dance to it and think about nothing! 

and i love that women have turned reggaeton into something else! for example, cazzu was a metalhead + huge pop fan when she was a kid and she has made her own visual world taking things from metal n pop culture. she's channeling Xtina here i think. i wish to also thank rosalia for that tbh! i know she's Spanish and here in LatAm there's this idea that she can't do what she does because she's not Latina but tbh, Spanish reggaeton is so good... idk why ppl are like that :scoff:

13 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

yes! BR has different musical influences & culture, and let's not start in the language! we live so close yet i don't understand a tad bit of Portuguese. the other day i decided to make a Feijoada, tho! but that's another story. tbh, i'm not that new in reggaeton (my mom used to listen to tego calderon a lot when i was a kid!), but only a few years back I decided to truly indulge in it! here it's the most popular music genre and i was surrounded by it 24/7 so there was really no escape. here, the only known brazilian artist is anitta, who's gorgeous btw and sings beautifully. i love her song downtown w j balvin :lush: whom i'm seeing next month (so excited!) and her song with justin quiles too (he's great, have you ever listened to him?). i'm also super happy abt that, bc in the 00s it became popular, but it didn't become global in the broader sense and i'm glad it happened! reggaeton is still a young genre, and there's still a lot to do creatively and performance wise in it, i'm sure! :smile3: i like it because you can dance to it and think about nothing! 

girl ikr I'm trying to learn spanish, I can understand a lot by reading but we have so many similar words that don't mean the same thing :deadbanana: also would love to hear your feijoada story some other time lol

yes, anitta is actually the main reason why reggaeton is becoming popular over here, that's how we got to know j balvin and justin quiles. she's our biggest artist at the moment!

have you listened to La Loto by TINI with becky g? TINI is from your country right? lol I guess before we only really knew about daddy yankee and ofc his smash hit gasolina

reggaeton and brazilian funk go hand in hand in the same way, party bangers only so we can twerk until dawn 851655779722199040.webp?size=44&quality= 

I actually usually lean towards the female artists more for this kind of music, but the boys you presented here are great, loved yung beef btw

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

40 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

have you listened to La Loto by TINI with becky g? TINI is from your country right? lol I guess before we only really knew about daddy yankee and ofc his smash hit gasolina

reggaeton and brazilian funk go hand in hand in the same way, party bangers only so we can twerk until dawn 851655779722199040.webp?size=44&quality= 

I actually usually lean towards the female artists more for this kind of music, but the boys you presented here are great, loved yung beef btw

yes! let's twerk:dance:. i know this song omg and i like it! it's played a lot on the radio. tini is from argentina indeed, she was actually a disney star! she's not very well liked in this country bc of very stupid things (she's dating a football player from the national team and some people say she's going to bring bad luck to the team! pls...:wtf3:) but i like the songs she's put out since she decided to turn to reggaeton ~ i actually love this song she has with l-gante who's like, the biggest star ATM here. 

it's a song about being broken up to in a bar and drinking and dancing while mourning :grinds:. he's also very hated here bc of classism but his music is everywhere really! there needs to be a study on why argentinians looooooooove to listen to his music while belittling him just for being raised in a poor househould :whatever2:. this song went super viral here and i think they made a very nice song together. it talks about taking things easily.

EDIT: i know, women in reggaeton are another entity completely. i personally think people don't get it, i like how they play on their roles in the music industry and the genre in particular, and how they stick up to those stupid questions they ask about being promiscous or whatever. but boys can be good too <3 i just dislike their discourse sometimes, but you know, just take it as it is :um3: 

1 hour ago, niandra lades said:

and i love that women have turned reggaeton into something else! for example, cazzu was a metalhead + huge pop fan when she was a kid and she has made her own visual world taking things from metal n pop culture. she's channeling Xtina here i think. i wish to also thank rosalia for that tbh! i know she's Spanish and here in LatAm there's this idea that she can't do what she does because she's not Latina but tbh, Spanish reggaeton is so good... idk why ppl are like that :scoff:

damn she slays also as a former metalhead it's actually great to see that

6 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

yes! let's twerk:dance:. i know this song omg and i like it! it's played a lot on the radio. tini is from argentina indeed, she was actually a disney star! she's not very well liked in this country bc of very stupid things (she's dating a football player from the national team and some people say she's going to bring bad luck to the team! pls...:wtf3:) but i like the songs she's put out since she decided to turn to reggaeton ~ i actually love this song she has with l-gante who's like, the biggest star ATM here. 

11 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

it's a song about being broken up to in a bar and drinking and dancing while mourning :grinds:. he's also very hated here bc of classism but his music is everywhere really! there needs to be a study on why argentinians looooooooove to listen to his music while belittling him just for being raised in a poor househould :whatever2:. this song went super viral here and i think they made a very nice together. it talks about taking things easily 

I literally just googled her and I remember her disney show lmao the kids were obsessed, I was already older when violetta became popular. I'm from the time when RBD (mexican version) was the shit lol

we have artists getting judged by the same kind of shit over here so I can easily see it in my head the kind of criticism they get

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

6 hours ago, annedauphine said:

I don't know anything about this genre of music but I just really love how you too are just vibing lmao :D 

:thumb3: please, if you ever decide to start listening to any reggaeton, do come here and confide your thoughts to this thread <333

6 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

well while we're at it

VMA's winner, so proud of her

whaaat i didn't know there was a ginza remix with anitta and this song is super old :judgingu3:god she's really beautiful and she's singing in Portuguese! it sounds so breathy...  :illumilana2: tbh i really love when two languages are combined in a song, it's a good way to make people from either country get curious about what's going on! i put the gata video on and the clothes and makeup are amazing! love that it features a song by plan b at the start!! a deserved win obviously and it makes you feel proud to see her thrive, she's been working hard for years and years

i luv this song:squidward: chencho is a fave... he's featured in rosalia's "CANDY". i really should listen to more of anitta! the song with mambo kingz is the shiiiit i can't believe i've never listened to it before! 

also i can't get this song out from my head and it's been months :prettyhurts:

58 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

whaaat i didn't know there was a ginza remix with anitta and this song is super old :judgingu3:god she's really beautiful and she's singing in Portuguese! it sounds so breathy...  :illumilana2: tbh i really love when two languages are combined in a song, it's a good way to make people from either country get curious about what's going on! i put the gata video on and the clothes and makeup are amazing! love that it features a song by plan b at the start!! a deserved win obviously and it makes you feel proud to see her thrive, she's been working hard for years and years

that ginza remix is how I got to know j blavin can't believe it's been 6 years already! he was one the first people to belive in her potential and helped open the doors for her to reach the latin america market, they're a great duo and he seems like a good friend to her

58 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

i luv this song:squidward: chencho is a fave... he's featured in rosalia's "CANDY". i really should listen to more of anitta! the song with mambo kingz is the shiiiit i can't believe i've never listened to it before! 

it seems like chencho corleone is on a roll these days, first heard his name in gata and then rosalía dropped the motomami deluxe with the candy remix, he's great!

la zowi is amazing, listened to a couple of tracks love her attitude and she's so hot omg

a few more of reggaeton anitta:

and there's more! she collaborated with so many artists

but tbh I prefer my good old brazilian funk anitta, she's unmatched, I'll just leave this one as a suggestion because it's not really reggaeton

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

22 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

that ginza remix is how I got to know j blavin can't believe it's been 6 years already! he was one the first people to belive in her potential and helped open the doors for her to reach the latin america market, they're a great duo and he seems like a good friend to her

it seems like chencho corleone is on a roll these days, first heard his name in gata and then rosalía dropped the motomami deluxe with the candy remix, he's great!

la zowi is amazing, listened to a couple of tracks love her attitude and she's so hot omg

a few more of reggaeton anitta:

and there's more! she collaborated with so many artists

but tbh I prefer my good old brazilian funk anitta, she's unmatched, I'll just leave this one as a suggestion because it's not really reggaeton

ok my favorites were jacuzzi, te lo dije and muito calor! ozuna normally sounds well with whoever sings with him... i love her first collab with Rosalia! i think jacuzzi has an acordeon in the instrumental and i like that, it's very different and reminds me of colombian cumbia! natti natasha is also a fave of mine :smile3: thank u so much for this recommendation, i really need to listen to more of her! 

also came here to say i started to listen to taichu and i can't stop playing this song :hype:

also have you listened to tokischa?

pls these titles r so explicit. i think this would be a dembow and not reggaeton? but...

EDIT: also i love how j balvin really does anything he likes! i really miss his romantic style, though, i gotta admit i tend to dwell on past memories :thumb3: he and anitta are great together

@niandra lades they also posted on rosalía's thread calling her music trash or whatever

they really think they're doing something :awk:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

22 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

also came here to say i started to listen to taichu and i can't stop playing this song :hype:

this is a motherfucking vibe for sure love the music video with the alien-like girls :hair: 

24 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

also have you listened to tokischa?

pls these titles r so explicit. i think this would be a dembow and not reggaeton? but...

yessss I listened to tokischa for the first time on her first collab with rosalía

and now she's collaborating (also kissing) with madonna for a hung up remix, supposed to drop on the 19th

since I'm new to this world I'm not sure if I know the differences yet, dembow seems more aggressive and fast or am I crazy? :P 

like, is this one dembow? (talk about a more explicit title oh lord lmao :thumb3:)

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg