Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

I'm still going to wait until Friday to listen but judging on what I've read- shocked but not surprised. 

I'm not much of a Taylor fan or anything but just going to leave this here in case anyone didn't see it before: 

1 hour ago, brandon said:

like… it’s lana 😭.. the odds of her not WANTING a verse are pretty high I think, like it seems very plausible that they were in the studio together, wrote a song, and taylor just really wanted lana’s vocals on it - and then gave her a feature so she would get her credit and her coin

Let's not jump on the hate train just because Taylor hyped this track up. If I was in the studio meeting my "favorite lyricist" and getting her to write a few sentences with me, I would be excited too, whether she has a verse on the track or not. 

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

Just now, Bootynugget said:

Let's not jump on the hate train just because Taylor hyped this track up. If I was in the studio meeting my "favorite lyricist" and getting her to write a few sentences with me, I would be excited too, whether she has a verse on the track or not. 

Same but I'd probably wait until the song was released to express my excitement about working with her. Surely she knew people would be overly hyped and then disappointed, so I'm not sure what she hoped to accomplish there.

Breaking Up Slowly > whatever this is. At least Lana respects female collaborators.

I like all of the other songs on Midnights though :hoshet: 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, honeybadger said:

so where's the scat

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I haven't heard anything yet. My initial reaction when I saw Taylor's video about Lana was a groan. Yes it's nice for Taylor to acknowledge Lana as she has done before. My problem was the subject matter. I don't know much about Taylor aside from the fact she has been popular and successful for a long time. She clearly has some creativity. Of course Lana's talent goes without saying. So between the two of them the subject is falling in love with someone the same time they fall in love with you and it's hard to believe. Hardly the creativity I'd expect from accomplished women in their 30's. More like high school stuff.