Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

4 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

she's not using lana:omfg2: she really doesn't need it, she's commercially doing way better than lana anyways

it's more of a credibility thing than a sales thing tho and lana does really well commercially thank u very much 

1 minute ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

it's more of a credibility thing than a sales thing tho and lana does really well commercially thank u very much 

when did i say she doesn't do well comercially..? im sayng that taylor does way better than her commercially

5 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

she's not using lana:omfg2: she really doesn't need it, she's commercially doing way better than lana anyways

she is but you have to be blind to not see why she's that commercially successful, she's a talented lyricist for sure but her whole career is a HUGE fucking machine, full of sometimes nasty PR moves towards the gp and her fans and putting Lana in the title and hyping people for this collab beforehand was a pure clickbait to boost the sales. 

Some of you really don’t know how capitalism and consumerism work and it shows. Of course she doesn’t need Lana’s name to sell music, but if she adds her name on one of her song she is going to sell even more than usual. It’s not difficult, it’s just math. 
Anyway I’m not her to blame her, but this is a fact so accept it.

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

7 minutes ago, TextBook said:

Some of you really don’t know how capitalism and consumerism work and it shows. Of course she doesn’t need Lana’s name to sell music, but if she adds her name on one of her song she is going to sell even more than usual. It’s not difficult, it’s just math. 
Anyway I’m not her to blame her, but this is a fact so accept it.

Yep, esp in the streaming era, it’s so easy to just take a listen. I didn’t even care about Taylor or her upcoming album until this collab. She got a bunch of streams out of me.

1 hour ago, venicebitch said:

she is but you have to be blind to not see why she's that commercially successful, she's a talented lyricist for sure but her whole career is a HUGE fucking machine, full of sometimes nasty PR moves towards the gp and her fans and putting Lana in the title and hyping people for this collab beforehand was a pure clickbait to boost the sales. 

I’m not so sure she was using Lana to lure more people in… I mean, she is THE best selling female who doesn’t even need a lead single released to have a number 1 album with prereleases alone… Yeah, she talked a great deal about her collab and Lana’s involvement seems to be minimal (at least for the singing part), it got us talking and major media also talked about it… but I think she was honest with her admiration for our girl. Not to paint Taylor as a saint at all (she knows marketing and there are some things she did in the past that can’t be ignored), but Lana also loves to let the other people shine on her collabs, even when they are for her own album. I don’t know what went on in the studio that day, who decided she would only ooohhhss and ahhhhhs in the background, but I wouldn’t dismiss Lana or blame Taylor 100% (I’m surprised nobody blamed Jack on that one :omfg2:)

1 hour ago, BartenderDeco said:

If you collab with an artist you get their fans to listen to your music. It doesn't matter who has more success measured by Grammys. 

And I just wanna say, I am sick of people minimizing Lana's impact on the music industry. Adele, Taylor etc. are all "more successful" yet are obviously ~inspired~ by her, even getting Lana's tattoos. She is more of a trailblazer and an inspiration than most of the Grammy winners. New artists are always compared to her, she literally set new standards from BTD on. In that way, Lana is an absolute giant in the music industry.

An artist collabing with her, no matter how big, knows exactly that she is gonna get them extra streams, attention and money. And that's all there is to this collab. Name dropping and nothing else.

Anyway, whatever. I'm personally not shocked it turned out this way and also not particularly sad about it. Nothing to fight about. I was just really surprised some fans don't see through this. Sorry for everybody who's disappointed, but there's been a scat attack so LDR9/X may be nigh. There's something to look forward to.

Edited by BlueINK
added the last part

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

I get why she did, but she shouldn’t have even added Lana’s name as a feature. I get that she’s a co-writer, but she could have gotten extra hype for the song just based on that. It just seems greedy for streams, but it is TS we’re talking about so…

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

11 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m not so sure she was using Lana to lure more people in… I mean, she is THE best selling female who doesn’t even need a lead single released to have a number 1 album with prereleases alone… Yeah, she talked a great deal about her collab and Lana’s involvement seems to be minimal (at least for the singing part), it got us talking and major media also talked about it… but I think she was honest with her admiration for our girl. Not to paint Taylor as a saint at all (she knows marketing and there are some things she did in the past that can’t be ignored), but Lana also loves to let the other people shine on her collabs, even when they are for her own album. I don’t know what went on in the studio that day, who decided she would only ooohhhss and ahhhhhs in the background, but I wouldn’t dismiss Lana or blame Taylor 100% (I’m surprised nobody blamed Jack on that one :omfg2:)

With this logic she wouldn’t need heavy TikTok promotion and this whole pre-release focused on buying x vinyls, fakecalling everything limited edition and then putting it on shelves literally everywhere else. I’m not saying she’s the only one responsible for this but she’s for sure benefiting from it and have nothing against these moves. It’s not crazy to say she’s a whole ass machine and everything she says and does has to be filtered by tens of peoples to have the best outcome and highest sales possible. It’s safe to say that Lana collab was one of many other things boosting the preorders, especially looking at how many people were looking forward for this song. It was actually the second most viewed TikTok video from the whole mayhem series! Only the first song has more engagement (mainly because it was a surprise first episode of the series!) - not to mention many of viral tweets and instagram posts from people being super excited about the announcement 

Lana for sure isn’t like the top 3 most streamed women but she still is a streaming giant and the most successful alternative pop female of the last decade, she’s been doing NUMBERS for a while now and she is a huge name to have on a song!!!