Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

41 minutes ago, #vapeinfluencer said:

ok we might be dissapointed but i dont see any point of hating taylor now, i bet it was lanas idea to simply b in the background of the song

After the initial disappointment, I have to agree. Taylor has only given a female artist verses once in her entire career. Plus Lana didn’t seem excited about this like she was with the FJM collab. We should have seen this coming. Definitely don’t think it was Lana’s idea though because she seems to just follow what the lead artist asks of her when it comes to features. She seems to be okay with singing only a bridge, most of the song, or backing vocals. 

6 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I'm not a Taylor fan but seeing people call her snake, slut, attention-seeking, manipulative, scheming etc doesn't sit well with me. :wtf3:

Slut is too far…but the rest is quite valid tbh I find her contrived..very calculating…you seen that when she was trying to bring down Katy. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I'm sure Lana had a say in the songwriting, either in lyrics or melody, or both, and worked as an collaborative songwriter together with Jack. That's just my assumption anyway. Or maybe it was more or less done and she only came to the studio to sing like Jack and Taylor suggested. I think it's good Taylor made sure the songs says "featured Lana Del Rey", compare it to The Weeknd's Prisoner where she has a whole outro... but it doesn't say "feat. Lana" on the title. I think it's only right to add which artists are featuring on your song, even if they're only singing backup vocals.

If she hadn't put "feat. Lana" on it, I'm pretty sure fans would've been upset for that too. She can't win. :uh:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 hour ago, drugmunny said:

I get why she did, but she shouldn’t have even added Lana’s name as a feature. I get that she’s a co-writer, but she could have gotten extra hype for the song just based on that. It just seems greedy for streams, but it is TS we’re talking about so…

if she didn’t add lana’s name onto the song and everyone found out she was on it on the release date you all would’ve been even more mad. everyone should just be happy with what we got 

8 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I'm sure Lana had a say in the songwriting, either in lyrics or melody, or both, and worked as an collaborative songwriter together with Jack. That's just my assumption anyway. Or maybe it was more or less done and she only came to the studio to sing like Jack and Taylor suggested. I think it's good Taylor made sure the songs says "featured Lana Del Rey", compare it to The Weeknd's Prisoner where she has a whole outro... but it doesn't say "feat. Lana" on the title. I think it's only right to add which artists are featuring on your song, even if they're only singing backup vocals.

Spoiler

the "f*cking beautiful" line definitely comes from Lana, I don't think Taylor has ever used the f-word before

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Slut is too far…but the rest is quite valid tbh

The fugly slut thing was a Mean Girls reference 😭

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

4 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

the "f*cking beautiful" line definitely comes from Lana, I don't think Taylor has ever used the f-word before

She has in one song, Does she smile?
Or does she mouth, "Fuck you forever"?

the songs called mad woman

There'd be a lot of artists of Lana's calibre who wouldn't settle for only bg vocals on someone else's song 

That's both good and bad

Personally I wish she'd be more selective/assertive in some cases because she sells herself short, but it's also kinda endearing

But we shouldn't blame Taylor because for all we know Lana suggested doing only bg

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

11 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

if she didn’t add lana’s name onto the song and everyone found out she was on it on the release date you all would’ve been even more mad. everyone should just be happy with what we got 

Hard agree with the first sentence hard disagree with the second sentence . Why should we be happy with this shite!

6 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:
  Hide contents

shes used the F word multiple times now :thumb2:

"Don’t forget me"

15 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Slut is too far…but the rest is quite valid tbh I find her contrived..very calculating…you seen that when she was trying to bring down Katy. 

I hadn't, so I looked it up. It seems to have been a misunderstanding which escalated for years and they've recently become something like friends.

4 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:
  Reveal hidden contents

She sings "Or does she mouth 'fuck you forever'?" and "would you tell me to go fuck myself" in folklore's mad woman and Betty, but those are the only examples I can think of. I'm not too familiar with her discography.

2 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

The fugly slut thing was a Mean Girls reference 😭

Yeah I know, but still. It's a harsh word, and I've seen it on social media as well. :/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

4 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

shes used the F word multiple times now :thumb2:

I actually think Taylor is nowhere near as sweet as people think

I don't mean that disparagingly; I just mean I get the impression she likes people thinking that, whilst secretly being a bad bitch

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

I don't mean that disparagingly; I just mean I get the impression she likes people thinking that whilst secretly being a bad bitch

absolutely!! She was the “American girl” when she debuted and had such a squeaky clean image, but ever since around 1989 she’s slowly shed the good girl image and I feel like she’s more authentic than she used to be

"Don’t forget me"

4 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

absolutely!! She was the “American girl” when she debuted and had such a squeaky clean image, but ever since around 1989 she’s slowly shed the good girl image and I feel like she’s more authentic than she used to be

I feel like she's one of those celebrities who'd be nothing like you'd expect

She probably swears her head off and snorts coke off her coffee table daily

I actually think she'd be really fun

12 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I don't mean that disparagingly; I just mean I get the impression she likes people thinking that, whilst secretly being a bad bitch

She gives me red flags, when I see her something feels off and not genuine.  It bugs me

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

At this point we just need to be happy that lana getting that big coin hehe 

p s I hope she'll spend it working with producers who aren't jack antonoff :xgiggle:

p s s dan auerbach, please call her, text her, send her e-mail or whatever i begging you :(

As a Taylor fan since the curly blond hair days and a Lana Stan since tumblr era it was just a moment that I never thought would happen and to have it be just background vocals is depressing to me

but I’ll be streaming, and consuming because I love women in stem 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...