Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

7 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I've now come to terms with it. I guess we have to accept that Lana is only a guest on the album. As a guest you can be invited to things, but you can't demand anything. It's a bit beneath her to play only a small supporting role, but then it's Taylor's bad luck if a chance was wasted here. Probably SOTB would have been too outstanding otherwise,  as the other songs are not supposed to be that great.

I doubt Lana had a problem with this. She appeared as a backround vocalist on so many songs - Lover's Fate, Woman, Living With Myself, that terrible Blue Madonna track - the only reason they keep listing her as a "feature" is because they want the attention that comes with her name

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Midnights being a visual album means that the chances of Lana being in it are low, but not zero yet :excited: I mean, I doubt it, but still

imageproxy.jpg

3 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Midnights being a visual album means that the chances of Lana being in it are low, but not zero yet :excited: I mean, I doubt it, but still

She's not credited on the trailer so she will not be in it 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

11 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Streets are saying that Lana and Taylor recorded two songs and Midnights is actually a double album. WE WON WTFF:oprah4:

that’s what my friend madden was saying. her chaotic update is a surprise album 

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

It’s out! x

Taylor also shared a colour version of the picture of them - 59-E03-AF7-CCA2-4383-9156-A74-B044-F2132

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

'Snow on the Beach', Swift's winter duet with Lana Del Rey, is a mild disappointment.  Del Rey's presence on the track is barely felt, and she appears to have been enlisted primarily for backing vocals on the harmonies."

idk who said this, TAYLOR YOU LOST THE CHANCE

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

We barely hear her. I hope we'll get the dolby atmos stems to properly hear her but even that might not be enough. Hers and Swift background vocals sound like they are intertwined. 

People have to stop teasing a Lana feature when we don't hear her. That's disappointing but I should know better by now.

The song is cute, not outstanding tough.

Don't know if it's been mentioned before but Lana has writting credits along with Taylor Swift and Jack Antonoff.

Sad: Lana Del Rey Says Fewer Than 20 Words on Midnights

Turns out: It’s about literal snow and we still don’t know what Swift and Lana truly sound like together. Throughout the track, Miss Lana barely gets a full sentence in. Her feature is audibly pretty buried, only rising to sing the tiny chorus phrases “Snow on the beach,” “It’s coming down,” and “Are we falling?” as well as the words “Aha” and … “Janet.” The track — co-written by Swift, Del Rey, and Antonoff — also includes a sleigh bell-type ringing, and cheugy lyrics, like: “It’s like snow at the beach / weird but fuckin’ beautiful.” Maybe Lana originally gave more for us to hear, but pulled them after realizing she was just singing on a Christmas song.

14 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Sad: Lana Del Rey Says Fewer Than 20 Words on Midnights

Turns out: It’s about literal snow and we still don’t know what Swift and Lana truly sound like together. Throughout the track, Miss Lana barely gets a full sentence in. Her feature is audibly pretty buried, only rising to sing the tiny chorus phrases “Snow on the beach,” “It’s coming down,” and “Are we falling?” as well as the words “Aha” and … “Janet.” The track — co-written by Swift, Del Rey, and Antonoff — also includes a sleigh bell-type ringing, and cheugy lyrics, like: “It’s like snow at the beach / weird but fuckin’ beautiful.” Maybe Lana originally gave more for us to hear, but pulled them after realizing she was just singing on a Christmas song.

The wording makes it sound like an angry stan wrote this lol.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

3 minutes ago, lili said:

This is kinda disrespectful to do to an artist you claim to hold such respect for. I mean, I expected at least a Matt Berninger situation.

Absolutely. Very weird to have "one of the greatest writer of this generation" and someone "you look up to" on your song, only to give them minor contribution on it and only ask them to do backing vocals. It's such a waste, 2 great artists on the same song only to do ... that. Tay probably knows that people were excepting so much more from this song also, what's the point of deceiving everyone ? Anyway, weird choices but that's it ... maybe they'll do a real collab one day. To me, this song isn't

lana-del-rey-painting.gif

Features should have a solo verse lol it was annoying to hype it up otherwise

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

5 minutes ago, pinkelliot said:

Absolutely. Very weird to have "one of the greatest writer of this generation" and someone "you look up to" on your song, only to give them minor contribution on it and only ask them to do backing vocals. It's such a waste, 2 great artists on the same song only to do ... that. Tay probably knows that people were excepting so much more from this song also, what's the point of deceiving everyone ? Anyway, weird choices but that's it ... maybe they'll do a real collab one day. To me, this song isn't

Agreed agreed agreed. Female collaborations are already kinda tricky, it doesn’t inherently include the contrast a male voice could introduce. So you have to introduce the kind of production people could hear your featured artist. Lana does not deserve to be treated like a background vocal, but she accepted so who am I to symphatize when she don’t give a damn? I won’t be listening to this, though, huge waste of potential greatness

Lana’s voice is haunting. It’s the thing I hear (“like snow on the beach”) when I think of this song. 
true, she doesn’t have a verse, but her voice is beautifully used.

not her best collab, I’m glad I really like Taylor cause it’s mostly a good Taylor song, but I was sure I was going to be majorly disappointed by it after what everyone said after the leak.