Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

Maybe, just maybe, this is why 'Crazy For You' and 'Sugary Sweet' weren't leaked, because they would certainly dilute, among the Stans, the impact of the upcoming Taylor collaboration. 

I think there's good sense in this. If we had full leaks of both, the Taylor collab would probably pale beside them. 

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

Maybe, just maybe, this is why 'Crazy For You' and 'Sugary Sweet' weren't leaked, because they would certainly dilute, among the Stans, the impact of the upcoming Taylor collaboration. 

I think tere's good sense in this. If we had full leaks of both, the Taylor collab wold probably pale beside them. 

that make sense. 

To be honest, I'm more excited about the leaks.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

1 minute ago, blackestday89 said:

that make sense. 

To be honest, I'm more excited about the leaks.

Me too, absolutely, because we know they will be pure, unadulterated Lana. 

2 hours ago, Vertimus said:

I think tere's good sense in this. If we had full leaks of both, the Taylor collab would probably pale beside them. 

Trust me they don’t care :lmao:if anything, they’re bound to leak because of it

40 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Is it possible that Taylor stuff leaks? 👀 So how many days?

I think they only leak like a day before (if they even leak). Obviously Folkore and Evermore didn't leak since they were surprise releases (and the physicals weren't in distribution yet) but since Midnights was announced more than a month in advance and there are so many variants there's a chance someone fucks up and it gets shipped/sold early...

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Pale Fire said:

Aahhhhhh oh my god if it’s the lead that hopefully means we’re getting it before the album!! :excited: And yesss music video oh my god

I hope it’s a fucking serve like Taylor’s cardigan music video was. Oh my godddd this is going to be so so so iconic

It could be a Cardigan / Folklore situation. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

7 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Cardigan was released with the rest of the album, same with Willow, but those two were leads to « surprise release » albums… Maybe well get it this week? 
but hey, it’s Taylor, she can do whatever she wants since she is THE bestselling female artist out there… 

but… now that we know the tracklist and the album is coming in less than two weeks, she has to do something this week to keep the rollout on a hype, I think. 
but the real question is : Is Snow on the Beach the real lead single?

Taylor last uploaded the video announcing the collaboration with Lana, if the tracklist hadn't been leaked we would have had that same video very close to the album release and it would have raised the hype a lot (a lot more) because it's more than obvious that this was her move to raise the hype., surely she has something else planned. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

From what Taylor has said about Midnights it looks like it's going to be a really personal album so I'm kinda scared Lana had little input in the song besides some improvised adlibs... but as long as she has a big part on the song I'd be fine I guess :um2:

giphy.gif

I’m surprised at how interested I am in hearing this song! For me, at least, it was an unexpected turn of events even though I considered it a large possibility after the “Easter eggs.” 

I definitely think Lana will play a major role in some fashion. I mean, Swift called Lana her favorite female lyricist and the most influential pop artist of our generation, so I think that respect and admiration would certainly lead to her giving Lana a lot of creative input.

Whether that will manifest as vocals, production touches, lyricism, or all 3 seems unclear, but I would imagine this is something Swift has been planning for and considering for quite some time, so I genuinely think that—because she almost seems to view Lana as a creative idol or major influence—Swift will want to ensure it’s executed really well. I think the main concern is how well they’ll “mesh,” but I have a feeling it’s going to be better than we’re expecting. 

We’ll find out soon!:ma:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

20 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

i’m sure it was genuine and her probably being shook at how official Taylor is compared to lana’s album rollouts (let’s not give lana slack, taylor’s goes all out) 

im not a huge taylor stan but i def loved 1989 album and aesthetic so i’m excited for midnights. and i love the album artwork !!! i’m pumped. i think for some reason taylor’s work feels like all PG, it feels like there isn’t a bone of a curse word. maybe i’m wrong but thats fine just wish she’d scream it out cuz we all have those emotions 

giant swiftie here since ‘06! do not fear, Taylor covers some really adult topics—not in her radio singles usually, but especially since Lover & folklore. also, she swears a lot, just didn’t as a teenager:

- 6 of 13 tracks on Midnights are explicit, INCLUDING snow on the beach :) so LANA’S TRACK WILL BE EXPLICIT 🔥 we love to see it

- 5 to 6 tracks each on folklore & evermore were explicit (same amount as NFR)

- in recent tracks she’s covered heavy topics/stories including: a recovering alcoholic (this is me trying), an affair where at least one person was already married (illicit affairs & ivy), her childhood neighbor who suffered emotional and/or physical abuse as a child (seven), a stalker visiting the funeral of the woman he obsessed over (my tears ricochet), an engagement being broken off because of mental health issues (champagne problems), an emotionally abused spouse (tolerate it), overtly sexual religious metaphors (false god), world war ii violence (epiphany), and more.

so we are in for a great song (and story!), that’s for sure! happy to make any non-swifties a sampler playlist if you want one :)

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

From what Taylor has said about Midnights it looks like it's going to be a really personal album so I'm kinda scared Lana had little input on the song besides some improvised adlibs... but as long as she has a big part on the song I'd be fine I guess :um2:

BB was also a very personal album for Lana, but Miles Kane's contributation to Dealer was not small. I don't think we have to worry that Taylor will disappoint Lana fans in this way, she knows what everyone is expecting (or not expecting) after this announcement. I hope they will only surprise us in a positive way.