Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

18 minutes ago, zombie girl said:

i would be surprised if lana did any writing on the song, but i also feel like taylor looks up to lana enough to give her a verse. i feel like it’s probably gonna be a nothing new situation where the song is completely written by taylor but lana still gets her time on the track alone

it’s kind of different because nothing new was written in 2012 and she wouldn’t want to change the whole originality of it for a phoebe verse

i really think lana helped write the song. it is possible taylor just asked lana to sing with her but i doubt it since taylor really admires lana's songwriting and i imagine she'd jump at the opportunity for them to write together. plus since both taylor & lana frequently work with jack, i imagine it would be easy to all sit together and bounce ideas off each other. that would probably be half the fun of the collaboration too. 

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

It's 6:30am so forgiveness if a large chunk of my memory is missing rn but this is only the third collab she's done w a female artist, right? 

After DCMA and Nikki 

The song with Weyes and Zella doesn't count because that seemed like a Sunday afternoon fuck around session

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

6 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

It's 6:30am so forgiveness if a large chunk of my memory is missing rn but this is only the third collab she's done w a female artist, right? 

After DCMA and Nikki 

The song with Weyes and Zella doesn't count because that seemed like a Sunday afternoon fuck around session

Stevie Nicks on Beautiful People Beautiful Problems and Cat Power with Woman.

32 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

Stevie Nicks on Beautiful People Beautiful Problems and Cat Power with Woman.

39 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

After DCMA and Nikki 

also I'll Be Home for Christmas with Kacey Musgraves, it's on the album "The Kacey Musgraves Christmas Show" (2019)

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

When we hit play on the 21st and the first thing we hear is "Rockefeller my umbrella, God I love you baby"

There were so many persons in that studio one could be Taylor in disguise :hide:

THE FUCK? I DIDN'T THINK OF THIS!!!

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I still cant get over the excitement that was literally showed on her face in that last bit of that Mayhem series. This song must be so special to Taylor & i expect it to be a huge single. 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

7 hours ago, yourolllikethunder said:

giant swiftie here since ‘06! do not fear, Taylor covers some really adult topics—not in her radio singles usually, but especially since Lover & folklore. also, she swears a lot, just didn’t as a teenager:

- 6 of 13 tracks on Midnights are explicit, INCLUDING snow on the beach :) so LANA’S TRACK WILL BE EXPLICIT 🔥 we love to see it

- 5 to 6 tracks each on folklore & evermore were explicit (same amount as NFR)

- in recent tracks she’s covered heavy topics/stories including: a recovering alcoholic (this is me trying), an affair where at least one person was already married (illicit affairs & ivy), her childhood neighbor who suffered emotional and/or physical abuse as a child (seven), a stalker visiting the funeral of the woman he obsessed over (my tears ricochet), an engagement being broken off because of mental health issues (champagne problems), an emotionally abused spouse (tolerate it), overtly sexual religious metaphors (false god), world war ii violence (epiphany), and more.

so we are in for a great song (and story!), that’s for sure! happy to make any non-swifties a sampler playlist if you want one :)

oooooh I had no idea she discussed such topics and cursed, I would love a lil playlist ! thanks for the info!! :) now im even more excited for the single hahah 

18 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

Y'all are always on about "don't pit women against each other" but suddenly you're willing to put women down if it's to uplift Taylor..... the irony is strongggg.

Anywho, still curious about this collaboration.

it’s not that deep 

scream-at-ride-by-lana-del-rey-g6hzk2dd4

19 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I Hope we get some behind those scenes story for this song. I mostly want to know who thought of Lana first… Taylor or Jack?

I'm sure Taylor will talk about the process of making the song:die:

I had a dream (really often had music dreams lately) related to this song. There was 3 verses in lyrics in prechoruses which set Internet on fire. It was kinda shocking even from girl's lips whose sang Cola. I don't remember which words had it but I remember that Prechorus 1 and 2 had the same lyrics.

If you asked about song structure:

Verse 1, prechorus, Chorus - Taylor (Chorus with Lana's background vocals)

Verse 2, prechorus, Chorus - Lana (Chorus with Taylor's background vocals)

Bridge, Breakdown and final Chorus- both