Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

imo, crediting lana as a feature was clearly done to drag attention and increase sales: she could have just said that it was co-written by Lana and that the song came with a “little surprise”, and everyone would have been more than happy with the final result. 

but yeah, and I think I speak for a lot of people out there, featuring someone implies at least a verse for said artist, which is not the case.

im not really mad bc it gives lana attention a fair amount of attention too: how many people outside the fandom will go back to lana’s discography after listening to the song? but it is disappointing, for sure. could have been the collab of the year

I'm shocked by how poor the lyrics are tbh with Lana getting a writing credit, I hope that was more symbolic and she was just nodding along to Taylor's suggestions because this song is not well written imo :toofunny:

I’m remembering Lana’s feature with Cat Power on Woman was background vocals; I barely heard her at all. And from

what I know, those two seem to respect each other as artists. Cat Power was a major inspiration to Lana starting out... Wayamaya definitely had Cat Power vibes. I think sometimes being background vocals just happens that way whether it was Lana’s choice or not. The way Taylor announced the feature is what rubs me the wrong way. She built up hype for seemingly no reason? Having not listened yet, I’m sure the song will be fine, but definitely not what I would have been expecting. I guess it is just echos of Lana, which I will take because I like Taylor anyway, but again the way she revealed the feature as some big event is just a little odd to me. I love Lana’s features with others and The Weeknd, so we always have those I guess. 🤷‍♀️ 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

On 10/9/2022 at 10:53 AM, Coloringbooks said:

Y'all are always on about "don't pit women against each other" but suddenly you're willing to put women down if it's to uplift Taylor..... the irony is strongggg.

In retrospect we were so ahead of our time tbh.... @baddisease

Melanie's voodoo always come strong :troll:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

14 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I'm shocked by how poor the lyrics are tbh with Lana getting a writing credit, I hope that was more symbolic and she was just nodding along to Taylor's suggestions because this song is not well written imo :toofunny:

this! lana's part being almost unnoticeable definitely isn't the only issue with this track :eek2:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

15 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Right? The chorus is so poor

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

Hopefully they boost her up in Dolby Atmos or whatever. I wished she didn't mention the feature, the surprise would have been nicer. I still like the song though

I just listened to the song with headphones and Lana sings in the second verse, but her voice is too buried to notice it, if I didn't know it was a collaboration I wouldn't even distinguish Lana's voice, then she has that part that says "like snow on the beach" anyway I still think the second verse should have been Lana's. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

2 minutes ago, snake said:

Hopefully they boost her up in Dolby Atmos or whatever. I wished she didn't mention the feature, the surprise would have been nicer. I still like the song though

Cool but Dolby Atmos is an Apple Music exclusive so it’s kind of useless

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

46 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Our expectations were just too high. Taylor is an alpha female and she'll never allow other females to dominate her or be on the same level as her, even if they are more talented.

I think our expectations were where Taylor put them. HIGH

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

55 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Our expectations were just too high. Taylor is an alpha female and she'll never allow other females to dominate her or be on the same level as her, even if they are more talented.

I’m starting to agree with this. How are you going to duet with Brandon fucking Urie in one of the worst songs in music history but ask a living legend to sing background vocals.

IMG-7960.jpg

1 hour ago, lizzys said:

this is such a frustrating situation like pls stop saying “be more optimistic” cause no i wont be, all this hype and promo for what exactly its just.. ugh

lana knew what she was doing for not saying a single word about this “collab”

We should never hype this. 

And u r right. She did a little promo for Buddys Randezvou and shes completely quite for this one

Edit: and sorry for ma bad eng, i m so mad

20 hours ago, venicebitch said:

i mean... was that a real concern at any point? she always has writing credits in anything she touches 

It was less about Lana & more about Taylor bc not all of Taylor’s collabs usually do though (ex. HAIM & The Dixie Chicks did not get a writing credit), sometimes she just asks someone to sing a part she’s already written. But Lana didn’t get writing credit on her BORNS collab, so it has happened before! But I know our queen’s writing prowess, that’s for dammm-sure—she changes every song she touches ❤️

one thing i have noticed today tho is i really like how taylor's fans actively discourage listening to & sharing leaks. they really respect her & want her to have a proper release. sometimes i wish lana's fans were more like that during album releases (old unreleased are fair game imo, but i have been debating that position ever since blue banisters so idk maybe i should ask my priest his opinion lmao)

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

The thing that bothers me about the background vocals is that Taylor towards the end of the song uses a similar reverb to sing background vocals herself so it muddles Lana’s feature even more. 

Also Lana could’ve not been on it and it would’ve been almost the same song

1 minute ago, LifeOnMars said:

I just realized that this song is going to show up as her most popular song on streaming services for a while and she’s not even in it. I’m going back on the hating on Taylor train. 

Luckily unless she has lead credits on it (which would be ridiculous) I don't think it will show cause Stargirl is her second most streamed song daily and it's not on her page :oic3:

giphy.gif