Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

The melody sounds so familiar I can’t put my finger on it

Also…on a 4 minute song why does Lana not have a single verse? Instead it’s just ethereal whispering on the chorus?:wtf2: 

I’m not a Taylor fan in the slightest, had hopes but this song will nowhere near convert me 

giphy.gif

im a taylor fan and i’m very disappointed with all the hype she made around this track. 

the track is awesome but i really can’t handle de credits “feat lana del rey”. we created a lot expectations around NOTHING.

taylor should be arrested.

The fact that she didn't even let Lana do the "it's coming down" part is wild to me. Like Lana is this hushed whispering in the background the whole song almost like she represents the snow, and then the outro could have been her one time to shine as the actual snow. It still wouldn't have been enough because she should've gotten a verse, but it would at least have been something and creatively made sense.

25 minutes ago, DCooper said:

The fact that she didn't even let Lana do the "it's coming down" part is wild to me. Like Lana is this hushed whispering in the background the whole song almost like she represents the snow, and then the outro could have been her one time to shine as the actual snow. It still wouldn't have been enough because she should've gotten a verse, but it would at least have been something and creatively made sense.

i haven't listened to it yet, but are we positive this is the official track, not a demo?? i read somewhere she has a verse.

32 minutes ago, leo in saint tropez said:

taylor should be arrested.

giggling @ this

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

10 hours ago, OverYourHead said:

The melody sounds so familiar I can’t put my finger on it

Also…on a 4 minute song why does Lana not have a single verse? Instead it’s just ethereal whispering on the chorus?:wtf2: 

I’m not a Taylor fan in the slightest, had hopes but this song will nowhere near convert me 

i think the chorus sounds quite similar to the illicit affairs bridge

7 minutes ago, juliadelrey said:

i haven't listened to it yet, but are we positive this is the official track, not a demo?? i read somewhere she has a verse.

I think we're positive at this point :bebe:

my friend madden said that she thinks taylor swift is leaking snow on the beach to arise chaos. she’s an insane swiftie and i literally trust her so much she full on did her final on sexism against taylor. anyways i said that i think whoever leaked the music cut out lana’s verse and chopped it so it was just taylor. if my theory’s right. than lanas verse is being released when the album comes out. knowing taylor, there’s no grasping at straws.

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

I have nothing against TS but did this hoe really give Lana a roughly 10 second faded background "feature" or am I hallucinating? :oprah2: If I wasn't a Lana stan, I probably wouldn't be able to even notice that she's on the track.

Maybe it's all apart of the snow on the beach concept, coming down but no sound all around... :bye3:

Is it even worth listening to? Because if all Lana does is backup on the chorus and you can barely hear her, I'm not sure I'm gonna bother with it 

imageproxy.jpg

I've now come to terms with it. I guess we have to accept that Lana is only a guest on the album. As a guest you can be invited to things, but you can't demand anything. It's a bit beneath her to play only a small supporting role, but then it's Taylor's bad luck if a chance was wasted here. Probably SOTB would have been too outstanding otherwise,  as the other songs are not supposed to be that great.