Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

6 hours ago, Aberdeen Beauty Queen said:

I would be pissed if I had released 10 albums and the only song out of all of them to reach the top 5 was one where I hummed in the background

I wonder how many requests she got now for big artist collabs (but only for background humming :hide:)

The song is being pushed as a Triple A radio single and the 2nd official single from Midnights, hopefully this means some new mixes of the song are released

8nl2OpX.png

23 hours ago, Thoth said:

She didn't celebrate her highest charting song and she called it "that snow song" the other day. I think that is very telling what she feels about it.

honestly I don’t think it means anything Re how she feels about it, she barely promotes her own work (if at all), typical Lana behavior imo

aOaIzH2.gif

55 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

The song is being pushed as a Triple A radio single and the 2nd official single from Midnights, hopefully this means some new mixes of the song are released

A mix where Lana actually sings and a music video🥰

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

45 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

honestly I don’t think it means anything Re how she feels about it, she barely promotes her own work (if at all), typical Lana behavior imo

But she’s typicallly so enthusiastic about her collaborations. She posts them and hypes them up. But on the other hand with Taylor, she never mentioned it other than calling it that snow song.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

7 hours ago, Thoth said:

But she’s typicallly so enthusiastic about her collaborations. She posts them and hypes them up. But on the other hand with Taylor, she never mentioned it other than calling it that snow song.

She acts wisely and only hypes things when necessary.

We can expect new SOTB for sure..given Taylor's  trend to make 1000000 remixes.

We got the new Anti hero yesterday. Imagine giving Jack vocals instead of Lana...

I'm pretty sure there is gonna be a video with more Lana vocals 

The way I'm already tired of this song...:deadbanana: loved it at first. (Except that its not an actual fucking f e a t u r e  at all obvi:creep:.)

Non-unpopular opinion probably; but GOD how I hate that it even SHOWS UP on Lana's top tracks on Spotify ugghhh

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Uff .. just listened to this the first time and it's such a "meh" track. It sounds like any other Taylor track and lana does some backing vox you could easily mis.

The most entertaining thing is the comment section to the official lyric video (which looks like one of those cringy sharepics moms put into their whatsapp status).

All the mental gymnastics Taylor/ Lana fans are doing in order to make this track something it obviously isn't. It's a commercial product like any other Taylor track and it was a nice marketing thing to include Lana here. Get the coins, but ... yeah, that's it.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I don’t care a ton about critics’ opinions of music, but I just saw Anthony Fantano’s review of Midnights (kinda agree with his points for this specific record tbh) and SOTB was the song he praised the most!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

10 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I don’t care a ton about critics’ opinions of music, but I just saw Anthony Fantano’s review of Midnights (kinda agree with his points for this specific record tbh) and SOTB was the song he praised the most!

I blocked his entire youtube channel after he gave Ultraviolence a 2/10 eight years ago. Hopefully he's come around since then :delish: 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

2 minutes ago, For K said:

Hopefully he's come around since then :delish: 

he hasn't

edit: just for reference here's his reviews of recent female albums of LB faves
- björk, fossora: 5/10
- carly rae jepsen, the loneliest time: 6/10
- ethel cain, preacher's daughter: 6/10 i'm still absolutely PISSED about this
- rina sawayama, hold the girl: 5/10 also absolutely PISSED about this
- charli xcx, crash: 5/10
- lana del rey, blue banisters: 5/10

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

5 hours ago, the ocean said:

he hasn't

edit: just for reference here's his reviews of recent female albums of LB faves
- björk, fossora: 5/10
- carly rae jepsen, the loneliest time: 6/10
- ethel cain, preacher's daughter: 6/10 i'm still absolutely PISSED about this
- rina sawayama, hold the girl: 5/10 also absolutely PISSED about this
- charli xcx, crash: 5/10
- lana del rey, blue banisters: 5/10

Do we need any more proof that he's in bad taste? I don't give a shit about his reviews, he's just a clown. 🤡

i was playing snow on the beach & my man did not know lana was on the song but he said that in some parts of the song taylor sounds "exactly like lana" so i told him it probably was lana he heard bc she is on the song. i found it funny how so many lana fans say they cannot hear her at all yet someone who did not even know lana was on the song could recognize her voice in there

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif