Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

5 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Kind of a lame pull to cash in on the demand for Lana imho 

It’s Taylor Swift aka. Tracy Flick, so absolutely no surprise.

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

imma leave this thread bc this taylor hate is very weird and uninformed...:awkney::runs:

It’s very informed and entirely justified but y’all aren’t ready for that conversation. 😅🙈

11 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't really get why everybody is so excited and buying into this... why couldn't she/they just release the version with "more lana" to begin with? taylor already has more than enough money, it's honestly a little pathetic that she feels the need to release 100 different vinyl variants and 25 different editions of one album :rip: 

girl, Lana literally has released more vinyl variants of her past few albums that Taylor has. try again

Midnights has 5 variants. Ocean Blvd has 7.

Evermore had 2 variants. Blue Banisters had 4.

Folklore has 9 (10 if you count the live RSD)... Chemtrails has ELEVEN.

NFR had 4.... Reputation only had 2.

The Fearless, Red, and Speak Now Taylor's Versions each only have two variants.

By your logic, Lana must be the most pathetic, money-grabbing artist out there

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't really get why everybody is so excited and buying into this... why couldn't she/they just release the version with "more lana" to begin with? taylor already has more than enough money, it's honestly a little pathetic that she feels the need to release 100 different vinyl variants and 25 different editions of one album :rip: 

It's just a very smart business decision. More streams, more money, more promo - no wonder she's the number one most streamed artist, she's got new shit dropping every month.

i've always found it quite cool that taylor involves fans in album releases/listens to their feedback or what they'd like to hear.. i'm not that big of a fan of taylor but i'm excited to hear the new version, i'm sure lana will sound stunning as always!

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

3 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

Anyway, Lana was the one who made the song sound like this, I say it because here there are people who make Taylor look like the bad guy. I think Lana at one point said that if she knew she was the only collaboration she would have sung the entire second verse, so you have reason it must have been a communication problem between them. 

yeah, no i'm not disagreeing with you at all. i bet taylor told jack she wanted lana on it and lana thought it was only meant to be a simple thing, so jack produced it, then showed it to taylor and she sent it in thinking that's all lana wanted to add to it lol it was probably a weird situation and taylor liked it as is and didn't wanna push lana but here we are, we're getting snow on the beach (lana's version) so let's just be glad we're getting it lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

taylor wanted lana to do a full verse and then lana sends her back background whispers and she didn't even talk to lana about it? that she thought it would be cool for her to come in full force? it's so weird to me

she just settled for lana whispering in the background because...?

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

She’s in damage control mode bc Twitter hates her for dating a Nazi :toofunny:

he's not a nazi, coming from a jewish woman, i'm not gonna get into the entire thing but if you care you can read about why he is not the literal devil twitter is making him about to be:air:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, American Whore said:

yeah, no i'm not disagreeing with you at all. i bet taylor told jack she wanted lana on it and lana thought it was only meant to be a simple thing, so jack produced it, then showed it to taylor and she sent it in thinking that's all lana wanted to add to it lol it was probably a weird situation and taylor liked it as is and didn't wanna push lana but here we are, we're getting snow on the beach (lana's version) so let's just be glad we're getting it lol

exactly queen:et:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Taylor Swift is an ultra capitalist. She's also been very engaged in Lana's work since 2012 made that clear with 1989 tracks influenced by BTD, Folklore/Evermore being influenced by NFR, and mentioned Lana's name directly in a speech ~2019. You can be mad that Taylor is cashing on on Lana's work or whatever, but Taylor has been elevating Lana's status in turn. All of this can be true. 

Also, Lana herself is a capitalist. She lives in a $12 million dollar home. Her net worth is probably more than $40 million. If you're coming at Taylor from a leftist/classist perspective, fair, but you're gonna let Lana off the hook? Come on now. 

edit: Lana is closer in status to Taylor Swift than she is to any of us, and any of us ever will be. None of us will come close to their net worths. There's a difference between a hundred million and tens of millions, but in terms of class, they are 100% in the same boat.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

he's not a nazi, coming from a jewish woman, i'm not gonna get into the entire thing but if you care you can read about why he is not the literal devil twitter is making him about to be:air:

Idk babes tbh I’m not nearly as invested as u so I won’t b bothering w that ! :party:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

taylor wanted lana to do a full verse and then lana sends her back background whispers and she didn't even talk to lana about it? that she thought it would be cool for her to come in full force? it's so weird to me

she just settled for lana whispering in the background because...?

ok so basically you are just ignoring the story lana literally told to make taylor seem bad? you just don't like taylor and that's ok but that doesn't mean she was being shady to lana

Just now, taco truck said:

ok so basically you are just ignoring the story lana literally told to make taylor seem bad? you just don't like taylor and that's ok but that doesn't mean she was being shady to lana

you rly busting ur ass to defend ms swift… like gorlll she is nawtttt going to read this !

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Just now, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Idk babes tbh I’m not nearly as invested as u so I won’t b bothering w that ! :party:

thats ok! honestly it' good u aren't its exhausting lol

some of this hate towards taylor is really unnecessary...cmon guys

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif