Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

22 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

taylor wanted lana to do a full verse and then lana sends her back background whispers and she didn't even talk to lana about it? that she thought it would be cool for her to come in full force? it's so weird to me

she just settled for lana whispering in the background because...?

My take on what went on is this:

Taylor wanted Lana on the album, Lana agreed, Lana didn’t think she’d be the only feature of the album so she did what Lana loves to do on a collab: let the other artist shine (see the long list of collabs where she is only back-vocaling). Taylor wanted Lana to do more but Lana didn’t think it would be necessary for the song and Taylor went with it because she was already grateful to have Lana in the first place. 
but who knows what happened in the end. 

10 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

he’s def a weirdo idk why ppl are trying to come for me like idc about him or Taylor :toofunny: like sorry ur fave is problematic I guess

All that stuff is “satirical” to comment on society and it’s like a persona, it’s fucking dumb though I’ll agree lol. If you actually read stuff about him it’s very clear he’s none of those things, but he puts his foot in his mouth all the time and says stupid shit. The Nazi salute thing really bothers me though because it was very obviously a comment on kanye and everyone misconstrued it, and as a Jewish woman I don’t love when people use “Nazi” when that’s a very serious thing!!! I do think he’s a very flawed human being but not the devil everyone says he is lol.

also this is all I’m gonna say on that cause this is not the Matty Healy thread😭

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 hour ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

taylor wanted lana to do a full verse and then lana sends her back background whispers and she didn't even talk to lana about it? that she thought it would be cool for her to come in full force? it's so weird to me

she just settled for lana whispering in the background because...?

Lana wanted those background noises. She literally said so. I don’t think Taylor is rude enough to the tell her to sing more. She probably just agreed to whatever Lana wanted.

Songs we got from lana this year

1- A&W ( 14/2 )

2- The Grants ( 14/3 )

3- sweet ( 24/3 )

4- Candy Necklace ( 24/3 )

5- Kintsugi ( 24/3 )

6- fingertips ( 24/3 )

7- Paris, Texas ( 24/3 )

8- Grandfather ( 24/3 )

9- Let the light in ( 24/3 )

10- Margaret ( 24/3 )

11- Fishtail ( 24/3 )

12- Peppers ( 24/3 )

13- Taco Truck x VB ( 24/3 )

14- Earthquakes ( 28/3 )

15- pink champagne ( 28/3 )

16- Melancholia ( 28/3 )

17- Lake Placid ( 28/3 )

18- madly ( 30/3 )

19- summertime ( 30/3 )

20- Ave maria ( 30/3 )

21- What’s a girl to do ( 30/3 )

22- Say yes to heaven ( 19/5 )

23- snow on the beach ( 26/5 )

24- Lost At Sea ( 9/6 )

25- Hollywood Bowl ( 9/6 )

26- Zodiac ( whenever @fl0r1dakil0s decides to leak it ) :blush:

it’s literally her year !!!

This was fun news to wake up to. I should have have known not to open this thread.

Although I have to say, Lana fans being angry about hearing more Lana in a couple of days, is peak lanaboards.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

1 hour ago, mssainttropez said:

As someone who is both a fan of Taylor and Lana, I hated the fact that lots of Lana stans automatically blamed Taylor for the fact that Lana didn’t have a main part. I’m sure you can find posts somewhere on LB about me saying Lana probably chose to not sing and that was the case ! I’m so excited that the misunderstanding got cleared up and we’ll have another version with more of Lana <3

26 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

My take on what went on is this:

Taylor wanted Lana on the album, Lana agreed, Lana didn’t think she’d be the only feature of the album so she did what Lana loves to do on a collab: let the other artist shine (see the long list of collabs where she is only back-vocaling). Taylor wanted Lana to do more but Lana didn’t think it would be necessary for the song and Taylor went with it because she was already grateful to have Lana in the first place. 
but who knows what happened in the end. 

Exactly, like, we know by now that Lana prefers to stay away from the limelight. She promotes her friends and family more than herself, she wants to be sure they get to shine and don't want much attention. She even made sure all the collaborators were mentioned on the cover art for DYKTTATUOB, most artists would just leave that on a sticker on the plastic wrapping. It surprised me at first when we got to hear her collab with BORNS (bleh) but she's been doing this over and over again. Cat Power, Father John Misty (with Buddy's Rendevouz, not Let the light in), BORNS, and now Taylor. I think it's unfair to be mad at Taylor for this when it's clear (to me) that it's Lana that prefers to stay in the background. Which is what Taylor also explained. It's unfortunate, because Lana has a special voice, but it is what she prefers.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

IM EXCITEEEDDD LANA AND TAYLOR ARE MY TOP GIRLS AND I WAS ALREADY EXCITED FOR SOTB BUT FT MORE LANA LMFAO YES

0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

・゚。★。゚・ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞-𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 ・゚。★。゚・

I’m actually very happy. We got a single last week and another one this week

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

On 5/24/2023 at 2:54 PM, West Coast said:

No disrespect to Taylor, I think she works hard and has an impressively large discography, but I can't deny that a lot of what she does (especially the whole Taylor's version thing) is giving cashgrab. But good for her stans if they feel fed.

I’m no Taylor stan, but my boyfriend was telling me that the (Taylor’s version) shit is because she got screwed on royalties by someone she was working with, or something to that effect? So she re-recorded everything and encouraged her fans to stream THAT content instead. I could be wrong but that’s what I was told. I can’t hate on that. 

GMP-U2-F2-ZUd-IMDA.gif

ok goddamn i came to this thread happy and excited af but damn why are people so upset about this?? we're getting more lana content hellooo? :crossed: 

https://youtu.be/Dkk9gvTmCXY

0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

・゚。★。゚・ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞-𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 ・゚。★。゚・

22 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Songs we got from lana this year

1- A&W ( 14/2 )

2- The Grants ( 14/3 )

3- sweet ( 24/3 )

4- Candy Necklace ( 24/3 )

5- Kintsugi ( 24/3 )

6- fingertips ( 24/3 )

7- Paris, Texas ( 24/3 )

8- Grandfather ( 24/3 )

9- Let the light in ( 24/3 )

10- Margaret ( 24/3 )

11- Fishtail ( 24/3 )

12- Peppers ( 24/3 )

13- Taco Truck x VB ( 24/3 )

14- Earthquakes ( 28/3 )

15- pink champagne ( 28/3 )

16- Melancholia ( 28/3 )

17- Lake Placid ( 28/3 )

18- madly ( 30/3 )

19- summertime ( 30/3 )

20- Ave maria ( 30/3 )

21- What’s a girl to do ( 30/3 )

22- Say yes to heaven ( 19/5 )

23- snow on the beach ( 26/5 )

24- Lost At Sea ( 9/6 )

25- Hollywood Bowl ( 9/6 )

26- Zodiac ( whenever @fl0r1dakil0s decides to leak it ) :blush:

it’s literally her year !!!

ugh and there’s so many snippets we’re still waiting on hearing. I’m hoping by the end of the year we have 50+ tracks at the rate we’re going 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

I wonder if she’s gonna really be at the forefront in this new version since its entire purpose is to feature Lana more, or if it will just be like a regular feature where she does the second verse like originally intended with the rest of the song staying pretty much the same

qfrWuBl.png

1 hour ago, MamaDelGhey said:

I’m no Taylor stan, but a friend was telling me that the (Taylor’s version) shit is because she got screwed on royalties by someone she was working with, or something to that effect? So she re-recorded everything and encouraged her fans to stream THAT content instead. I could be wrong but that’s what I was told. I can’t hate on that. 

As far as I know Scooter Braun purchased her masters, but not her copyrights. She still "owns" her songs.