Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

Anyway since when did the term "cash grab" become a pejorative? Miss Lana is also going to be grabbing the cash and as she should  :thumb3:  Taylor (imo) has every ethical right to grab as much cash as she wants from HER fans. They want to buy the music/merch/etc. To support her. Beyond that, every dollar a Taylor's Version makes is a dollar that somebody else would be making if Taylor didn't stand up for herself. Like I guess it's en vogue now to hate ALL capitalists and I just think that's a joke, let the woman make her money god damn

22 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Anyway since when did the term "cash grab" become a pejorative? Miss Lana is also going to be grabbing the cash and as she should  :thumb3:  Taylor (imo) has every ethical right to grab as much cash as she wants from HER fans. They want to buy the music/merch/etc. To support her. Beyond that, every dollar a Taylor's Version makes is a dollar that somebody else would be making if Taylor didn't stand up for herself. Like I guess it's en vogue now to hate ALL capitalists and I just think that's a joke, let the woman make her money god damn

i think people are using the words “cash grab” to point out the inauthenticity of the decision. not that they dont deserve money lol

14 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Anyway since when did the term "cash grab" become a pejorative

it's not forbidden to make money with music, but music is also about art, and I don't like the way she exploits her market power, as if there were no better musicians who deserved it more

taylor's versions are indeed a cash grab but not for the reason y'all are pointing lol. it's a cash grab bc it's cheap and lazy. she ruins all her classics by putting no effort in re-recording it, so the final result is lazy vocals and the cheapest production ever. and yes, it is a LOT of work to re-record all those tracks + unreleased ones and work on new music on top of that, that's why she should take her time and really perfect it. but she doesn't. why? why is she putting this subpar material out there? bc she wants the money. therefore making it a cash grab :oprah3:

34 minutes ago, kuntsugi said:

taylor's versions are indeed a cash grab but not for the reason y'all are pointing lol. it's a cash grab bc it's cheap and lazy. she ruins all her classics by putting no effort in re-recording it, so the final result is lazy vocals and the cheapest production ever. and yes, it is a LOT of work to re-record all those tracks + unreleased ones and work on new music on top of that, that's why she should take her time and really perfect it. but she doesn't. why? why is she putting this subpar material out there? bc she wants the money. therefore making it a cash grab :oprah3:

Like this is a fair argument. Idk if I necessarily agree but it's logical and makes sense. Some of y'all are going on and on about authenticity like you know what artists are thinking  :shock:

11 hours ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

What’s funny is, that she still isn’t anywhere to be found on this list:

Also, people like Ariana, SZA, Rihanna and Billie among others can still make the top 10 of the “most streamed artists” lists with a FRACTION of the promo or quantity of released content.

Taylor literally made shit up to tear down her peers and encouraged her ratty fans to bully people she has a personal problem with. 💀

She actively tried to sabotage POC competition cause they tend to be statistically more successful in terms of streaming numbers.

She's not the nice girl you’re seeing in her. WAKE THE FUCK UP.

CALM THE FU*K DOWN.

18 hours ago, ultrabanisters said:

they way i saw taylors tweet and thought it was a troll account pretending so i didnt move at first but omg :air:

bruv i thought my cousin was clowning me cause he knew this was a sensitive topic for me

18 hours ago, brandon said:

How funny would it be if it was just flipped and lana sings the whole thing with taylor doing 10 seconds of backing vocals :fabcat:

i wouldn't be as happy as if they sang together. i want "nothing new" not "woman"

17 hours ago, Raise Me Up said:

I wonder if she's not going to reach her biggest numbers, do we all know her consecutive stream numbers for each year from 2012? :oopna2:

https://songstats.com/artist/1z7lo53g/lana-del-rey?source=spotify this goes back to late 2018 when she had <10mil. her peak was late october 2022 with 47mil

16 hours ago, The Grants said:

waittttt is this not going to be available at streaming?

no i think it will be along with hits different but the new vault track is what's gonna be physical only

5 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I just don’t see the point- the song was a snoozer anywho 

It's for the Grammys Pop Duo submission.

It holds the record for biggest debut for a collab :flutter:.

Surely Taylor can't submit the OG version and it would be embarrassing for Lana if that version won an award since we can barely hear her.

I'm so excited to hear this new release, because when the album initially came out I was extremely disappointed. When I finished the song and Lana did not have her own verse I was so annoyed, so now that Lana is actually going to be featured on the song instead of her background vocals, I'm sure the song will grown on me.  I'm also excited to see how the Karma remix fr. Ice Spice sounds. 

19 minutes ago, lanalover99 said:

I'm so excited to hear this new release, because when the album initially came out I was extremely disappointed. When I finished the song and Lana did not have her own verse I was so annoyed, so now that Lana is actually going to be featured on the song instead of her background vocals, I'm sure the song will grown on me.  I'm also excited to see how the Karma remix fr. Ice Spice sounds. 

is that remix for snow or another track?