Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

18 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Sounds kinda messy. It’s giving Blue Banisters. There’s so much hissing.

Listening to Yes To Heaven and then this. Yes To Heaven is so much cleaner and better produced.

now I know y'all fuckin lying lmao when the only reason people are saying ai generated is because there's 50% less reverb on her vocals here than the average lana track 

say what you want about Taylor Swift Jack Antonoff and Laura Sisk but messy production is truly not the brand when it comes to their wheelhouse lmao just saying stuff to say stuff at this point

I think it sounds great and it's refreshing to finally hear Lana fully in this. 

I don't think her voice is Ai generated. It sounds as if it was prooly recorded, heavily compressed and processed to better the quality.

The instrumental sounds a bit less ethereal with the piano added but I can deal with that. I guess they wanted to make it sound more a Lana track.

14 minutes ago, honey dew said:

What in the mass psychosis is going on with all these people saying she sounds AI generatedddddd 😫😫

The processed vocals plus the fact that the Lana version has been existing as an AI generated song for weeks or months.

14 minutes ago, itsTrigonometry said:

I feel like there's too much effect/filter on Lana's voice, which is probably why some people said it sounds like AI. 

Regardless, it's a cute song.

it's actually the opposite - it's a clear vocal that sounds like it was recorded in an iso booth (whereas Lana prefers to record in a room) and there's a lot less reverb than she usually treats her vocals with (clear, forward, dry vocal that highlights the melody more than tone = "ai") - listen to DRY Lana vocal stems and the way her vocals got mixed in this version will sound very familiar

14 minutes ago, honey dew said:

What in the mass psychosis is going on with all these people saying she sounds AI generatedddddd 😫😫

same story different day whether it's UV conspiracy theory or opinions on Lana vocals LB sees one (hateful) comment and runs with it tomorrow it'll be something new like always

I really don’t do well with Taylor’s music in general. I find her lyrics really basic and Snow on the beach feels no different. Except that it sounds a bit like a LDR wannabe song. And Lana’s on it. Which is cute. But I don’t think it’s very good.y

I think that in some parts Lana’s singing in a different register to the song so it sounds a little odd,

i feel kinda bad for taylor because people demanded more lana but i do have to say i wish both her and lana’s voices were on the last chorus together, lana’s sounds a little weird on its own

still sm better than the og tho

3 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

People not being used to actual studio recordings from Lana anymore (since LFL) and saying it sounds AI generated  :defeated:

exactly this but also LFL was the album she was recording in an open room in Rick's studio with a sheet of a paper for that muffled effect though lmao

iirc the only track she got in the actual iso booth for was BPBP but that doesn't really matter since Lana drenches every vocal and instrument track in reverb for that *chef's kiss* retro lush feel

Absolutely over the moon with this. SOTB went from bottom tier to top tier on Midnights for me. 

And to everyone who says Lana’s vocals were annoyingly unclear on OB, I’ll agree now because when she’s recorded clearly like she was on this, she sounds next level AMAZING. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

9 hours ago, LBcita said:

now I know y'all fuckin lying lmao when the only reason people are saying ai generated is because there's 50% less reverb on her vocals here than the average lana track 

say what you want about Taylor Swift Jack Antonoff and Laura Sisk but messy production is truly not the brand when it comes to their wheelhouse lmao just saying stuff to say stuff at this point

Maybe they should add more reverb to Lana’s vocals. They also seem to reduced the reverb on Taylor’s voice as well it seems esp at the beginning. It sounds rougher compared to the original recording. Idk it just sounds messy. There are a lot of sharp hissing sounds to my ears.

Also the “Like Snow” at the end sounds so phoned in from Lana :deadbanana:. Anyway, Yes To Heaven just sounds so much nicer vocally.