Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

6 hours ago, tsscc said:

Knowing Lana & Taylor all too well I basically expected a 20:23 long version with waves crashing or seagulls screeching somewhere along the way or wind at the beginning or a blizzard blowing at the end to make it different and also with a new poem from Lana in the middle about skating on thin ice and then one from Taylor about her cats playing in the snow 

The way I SCREAMED at this :lmao::gclap:

I like that Lana went lower with her voice and kind of slurred the very Taylor lyrics to make it more her own. Love the humming too. :thankyou: 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

Yeah, it's okay. Definitely so much better than the original one though ofc. (Of which I am so damn tired of lol.)

It's cute and Lana sounds really good! But not that much reply value for me, I fear. Or maybe it'll grow on me :flutter:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Just now, ShadesOfViolence said:

the way lana sings "like snow like snow oh yeah" in the end is like she is really tired of the song and wants it to be over lol

Good taste :blush3:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

3 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

I’m glad she used her lower voice, but it’s clear why she doesn’t sing in chest voice anymore. I hate to admit it but it’s giving smoker’s voice. She’s carefully weaving through the notes, so it doesn’t crack that’s what it sounds like to me. I wonder that’s why they changed the melody. This is worrying.

Candy Necklace giving you the ultimate side eye. Love her lower register on that song. Wildflower Wildfire... Kintsugi... she still channels her chest voice all the time. And she does it well

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

28 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

:oprah2:

wow…. :wowcry: im glad lana’s finally getting her flowers with the charts. im not really one to care but i know she does (i know she tries to act like she doesnt but we all know she does)

15 minutes ago, jaesana said:

Candy Necklace giving you the ultimate side eye. Love her lower register on that song. Wildflower Wildfire... Kintsugi... she still channels her chest voice all the time. And she does it well

Yes. Even the title track of OB/sweet/A&W.

Hell she uses so much of her chest voice in OB. Even margaret chorus, the grants.

Xenoblade just has to complain about something everyday.:um2:

15 minutes ago, jaesana said:

I forgot about that. She sings in chest voice for like 10 seconds then mumbles and the rest of the song is just head voice again. Literally just 

White fire, cinnamon on my teeth
And I'm sittin' at the stoplight northern town
I feel lucky

I drive some…mumbling head voice

The rest of the song is in head voice :rip:. Kintsugi is all head voice.

It’s very evident something is going on with her voice. We’ll find out soon with her doing a tour. I’m curious to how she’s going to sing her older songs.

33 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Yes. Even the title track of OB/sweet/A&W.

Hell she uses so much of her chest voice in OB. Even margaret chorus, the grants.

Xenoblade just has to complain about something everyday.:um2:

OB is not chest voice at all. Its mixed head voice. The production is doing something to make it sound like chest when it’s not really. It’s like a golf ball in her mouth in that song. It’s not chest voice.

In fact, I would like that song much better had she sang in chest voice. The whole song makes me uncomfortable because she’s singing right in the middle between chest and head. The back up singers are singing in chest voice.

The same thing on The Grants. 

I’m not here for xenoblade constantly only having negative things to say (as usual)

But I agree that she needs to use her chest voice more. That’s the one thing I typically hate about her more recent work, her head voice just does not do it for me yall. Chest voice brings the drama, the magic, the oomph.

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Why is it that the perfection of Lana, her essence, always seems way more apparent in her collaborative work like soundtracks and, sometimes, features? 
Her vocals, her adlibs, here give me so much of Season of the Witch and the humming from Is This Happiness, and the backing vocal doubling "so dishonest; And it's fine" at 1:44, the tone of her voice there, it just kills me, because it just sounds like something that I remember falling in love with, it sounds like the purest form of her to me. I think I do prefer the original production in terms of specifically the instrumental, but other than that, an already vocally beautiful song just became that much better. I think it's probably one of the more intricately arranged ones vocally. 

On a si
denote, I think the vocal arrangement on this one and Season of the Witch is done in a similar style, so I thought it would be interesting if she ended up using that as a direction for her new record... Wouldnt hold my breath for it though. 

I liked the original version, but was bummed Lana didn't really had her moment to shine (even though she did stand out with her harmonies) 

This version, however... I love! I love her humming, and I love how her voice sounds :omg:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: