Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

15 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I’m not here for xenoblade constantly only having negative things to say (as usual)

But I agree that she needs to use her chest voice more. That’s the one thing I typically hate about her more recent work, her head voice just does not do it for me yall. Chest voice brings the drama, the magic, the oomph.

yeah i need everyone to stop pretending she uses it :biblio: 10 seconds of her using it is NOT enough to act like its still an active part of her style… its not. she very much uses her head voice now. 

SO MANY HATERS IN THIS FORUM lol. Not even just this thread :hellno:

the new version is beautiful. It’s what I imagined the OG was gonna sound like. So glad we finally have this 🩷 I don’t care what part of her voice she is using or not it sounds perfect. 

43 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

I forgot about that. She sings in chest voice for like 10 seconds then mumbles and the rest of the song is just head voice again. Literally just 

The rest of the song is in head voice :rip:. Kintsugi is all head voice.

It’s very evident something is going on with her voice. We’ll find out soon with her doing a tour. I’m curious to how she’s going to sing her older songs.

nah she sings “im obsessed with this… all his candy necklaces” and towards the end when jon comes in she sings “candy necklaces” in her low register before going back up again. 

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

@mlittle11 @Xenoblade 2 @evalionisameme

No I get what you mean. But I said that she's using more of her chest voice than ever post lfl.

Nfr/cocc/chem had almost 0 use of her chest voice.

It's good that she's exploring that part of her voice again with OB. 

The interesting thing is her BTD lives actually featured a fair bit of chest voice…I actually think her studio voice sounded a bit lighter than her lives back then even if the darker tone was forced 

5 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

I’m glad she used her lower voice, but it’s clear why she doesn’t sing in chest voice anymore. I hate to admit it but it’s giving smoker’s voice. She’s carefully weaving through the notes, so it doesn’t crack that’s what it sounds like to me. I wonder that’s why they changed the melody. This is worrying.

Miley is in the same troubling situation except worse. All of her “live” performances have been pre recorded and she’s avoiding touring. Just by listening to her album, her voice is very damaged.

Lana is cleverly disguising the cracks by singing higher. Miley doesn’t have the range, so she’s forced to display her damaged voice. She kinda made it work by doing rockier music. Her new album not so much.

I wonder if this apprehensiveness is causing Lana to mumble more in newer songs as well. She needs to stop smoking/vaping and go check in with doctor ASAP. Her upcoming live performances will confirm my suspicions. Let’s see how she sings "Video Games" now if she raises the key, then that’s a very bad sign.

smoker's voice definitely makes it more difficult to sing in your head voice though...which is why all people trained singer's or not naturally sing in their chest voice because it takes the least effort....hmm anyways Kintsugi, Fingertips, Taco Truck, post chorus of GPSOTSOMFWHDSF, Sweet, the Grants all say hi but it's so clear how much y'all love to hate because you think higher notes automatically = head voice I have to laugh

1 hour ago, mlittle11 said:

yeah i need everyone to stop pretending she uses it :biblio: 10 seconds of her using it is NOT enough to act like its still an active part of her style… its not. she very much uses her head voice now. 

I don't think y'all know what head voice and chest voice are again it's not merely limited to lower vs higher notes lmao

for example Sweet -

If you want some basic bitch go to the Beverly Center and find her - slightly higher notes but clear chest voice - full and warm, beautiful in tone

"if you wanna go where, nobody goes, that's where you'll find me" - clear head voice

"in the sweet north country, if I'm not there come to my house on Genessee" back to that clear chest voice, though the notes are not particularly low

Most non soprano singers use their head voice as an ornament rather than as a main feature

and I'm tired of all of you with no technical music background making nonsense critiques that essentially boil down to "I need something to complain about" like be fr omgggg it's tired! 

2 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

I forgot about that. She sings in chest voice for like 10 seconds then mumbles and the rest of the song is just head voice again. Literally just 

The rest of the song is in head voice :rip:. Kintsugi is all head voice.

It’s very evident something is going on with her voice. We’ll find out soon with her doing a tour. I’m curious to how she’s going to sing her older songs.

"there's a name for it in Japanese it's Kintsugi"

"Daddy I miss them"

"flash in front of you"

"and then there's Donoghue"

"Mmmmmmmmm..."

"that's how the light gets in"

"the fourteen year old knew Froggy Came A Courtin, how do my blood relatives know all of these songs"

some of these are at the upper range of her chest voice because she switches to her head voice immediately after but ugh ur such a hater at least say things that make sense!!!

2 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

I don't think I could disagree more. She's preferred to sing in her head voice since Sirens and AKA but has ALWAYS had a range. Birds of Feather, Junky Pride, Pretty Baby are all falsettos and then she slowly begins to introduce more chest voice in Pawn Shop Blues, Queen of the Gas Station, but fully embraces her alto in Video Games, Summertime Sadness, Young and Beautiful, etc – her most "iconic" songs. Bc her chest voice is prominent in the songs she's known for, it gives the impression that when she strays away from it, something must be wrong.

She can go from Paris, Texas and maintain high notes with excellent control then drop it back down during Candy Necklace, which we speculate to be the last song recorded from OB. So no I don't think anything is "wrong." I think peoples' voices tend to naturally change especially their mid 40's, and I don't think Lana is anywhere near that point yet. Please stop trying to diagnose her.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

1 hour ago, LBcita said:

smoker's voice definitely makes it more difficult to sing in your head voice though...which is why all people trained singer's or not naturally sing in their chest voice because it takes the least effort....hmm anyways Kintsugi, Fingertips, Taco Truck, post chorus of GPSOTSOMFWHDSF, Sweet, the Grants all say hi but it's so clear how much y'all love to hate because you think higher notes automatically = head voice I have to laugh

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this.....

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d