Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

On 5/26/2023 at 10:42 PM, LBcita said:

smoker's voice definitely makes it more difficult to sing in your head voice though...which is why all people trained singer's or not naturally sing in their chest voice because it takes the least effort....hmm anyways Kintsugi, Fingertips, Taco Truck, post chorus of GPSOTSOMFWHDSF, Sweet, the Grants all say hi but it's so clear how much y'all love to hate because you think higher notes automatically = head voice I have to laugh

It’s giving smoker’s voice. I’m not saying she exactly has smoker’s voice but something is going on. Similar to, for example, what happened to Mariah Carey. She is not a smoker, but her voice has undeniably changed for the worst. Mariah used to do her breathy whisper voice as “ornaments” to her normal singing. As years past, that melisma whisper has become her main signature singing style. Further, it changed from being just a style to something she was consciously using to cover up the fact that she couldn’t use her chest voice properly anymore. 

On 5/26/2023 at 11:41 PM, jaesana said:

I don't think I could disagree more. She's preferred to sing in her head voice since Sirens and AKA but has ALWAYS had a range. Birds of Feather, Junky Pride, Pretty Baby are all falsettos and then she slowly begins to introduce more chest voice in Pawn Shop Blues, Queen of the Gas Station, but fully embraces her alto in Video Games, Summertime Sadness, Young and Beautiful, etc – her most "iconic" songs. Bc her chest voice is prominent in the songs she's known for, it gives the impression that when she strays away from it, something must be wrong.

She can go from Paris, Texas and maintain high notes with excellent control then drop it back down during Candy Necklace, which we speculate to be the last song recorded from OB. So no I don't think anything is "wrong." I think peoples' voices tend to naturally change especially their mid 40's, and I don't think Lana is anywhere near that point yet. Please stop trying to diagnose her.

Ok, she prefers it to sing in head voice, but the problem is it’s not pleasant anymore. This has been the whole discussion. We want her to sing deeper again because her higher voice is airy and dry now. Her higher voice in AKA is way more pleasant, rich, and on pitch compared to her recent songs where the high note sounds like she’s searching and wavering for melodies and very shaky. “Margaret” is a big example of this where she can’t quite hit the right note and it sounds almost nasally.

In a minor key
'Cause when you know, you know
When you know, you know

She could’ve hit this much harder.

Listen to Shades Of Cool then Listen to Textbook. Her voice has so much more power in Shades. It sounds really weak and brittle in Textbook. In fact, her hissing airy notes started with the Blue Banisters album and continues to Ocean until now the new Snow recording.

Fishtail is easily one of her worst songs vocally. Her messy vocals added a vibe to the song, but I can’t deny it’s a mess and very weak in a traditional sense. I can tell it’s a recent recording. She’s actually been writing songs that are complementing her new voice. Paris, Texas fits her high voice perfectly with cracks and all. The cracks and pitchyness added character to the song. Some songs work better than others. 

coloredited_tylerwu_midnights-1.jpg

‘Snow on the Beach’: Elusive artistry of Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey - Art, Tyler Wu
https://www.dailycal.org/2022/11/09/midnights

Lauren Harvey credits Lana's writing and production in her review of the first SOTB:

Many have pointed to a notable lack of Del Rey in the track, her voice simply melting into the background. But from the springy introduction to the abrupt octave shifts, the song bears all the marks of her handiwork.

Lana SAID "I would’ve sung the entire second verse if I had known, I was the only feature . . . buttttt my production skills were on point."

Ladies are expected to self-depracate and minimize their contribution . . . so I bolded the quote, above. The credits list Lana as writer, but not producer. Lana is a master arranger. So Lana contributed without insisting she get producer credit. Lana is concerned with making good art foremost. It is not mutually exclusive to make good art and to market it . . . Good stuff resonates! That is how Lana built her career. We fans prefer the good stuff.

This is LDRHoneymoon on twitter where I keep up with Honeymoon IG posts and stories . . .

Lana further obscures her production contribution in the IG post by bundling Chuck's photography tribute in the same sentence.

Lana speaks in code.

Simple is good. I like Snow on the Beach! Simple lyrics and melody is hard to pull off!

After I heard the new SOTB, went back and could pick out Lana's lower register harmonizing on the chorus on the first SOTB. The REAL version will be the live! Can't wait to watch Lana join Taylor on stage!

2 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

It’s giving smoker’s voice. I’m not saying she exactly has smoker’s voice but something is going on. Similar to, for example, what happened to Mariah Carey. Mariah used to do her breathy whisper voice as “ornaments” to her normal singing. As years past, that melisma whisper has become her main signature singing style. Further, it changed from being just a style to something she was consciously using to cover up the fact that she couldn’t use her chest voice properly anymore. 

Ok, she prefers it to sing in head voice, but the problem is it’s not pleasant anymore. This has been the whole discussion. We want her to sing deeper again because her higher voice is airy and dry now. Her higher voice in AKA is way more pleasant, rich, and on pitch compared to her recent songs where the high note sounds like she’s searching and wavering for melodies and very shaky. “Margaret” is a big example of this where she can’t quite hit the right note and it sounds almost nasally.

In a minor key
When you know, you know

Listen to Shades Of Cool then Listen to Textbook. Her voice has so much more power in Shades. It sounds really weak and brittle in Textbook. In fact, her hissing airy notes started with the Blue Banisters album and continues to Ocean until now the new Snow recording.

Fishtail is easily her worst song vocally. Her messy vocals added a vibe to the song, but I can’t deny it’s a mess and very weak in a traditional sense. I can tell it’s a recent recording. She’s actually been writing songs that are complementing her new voice. Paris, Texas fits her high voice perfectly with cracks and all. The cracks and pitchyness added character to the song. Some songs work better than others. 

Mariah uses falsetto to create that whisper sound not head voice…..yes Mariah tends to crack when using chest voice now but only when she pushes it- can agree that her voice sounds otherwise hoarse and dry tone wise though.

If you’re trying to say Lanas voice lacks power I’d agree- but her head voice is still well maintained as evidenced on the Liverpool anthem.

Theres lots of reverb throughout UV but she’s actually using head voice on shades of cool not chest which is why it sounds operatic almost- she rarely belts with chest voice except for k part 2, her lives from million dollar man etc, heart shaped box especially.

Some of you are so miserable my god :eek3: You don't need to be going on page long rants about Lana's voice or how you don't like the song or whatever. Sometimes we can walk away from our screens

imageproxy.jpg

3 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

It’s giving smoker’s voice. I’m not saying she exactly has smoker’s voice but something is going on. Similar to, for example, what happened to Mariah Carey. Mariah used to do her breathy whisper voice as “ornaments” to her normal singing. As years past, that melisma whisper has become her main signature singing style. Further, it changed from being just a style to something she was consciously using to cover up the fact that she couldn’t use her chest voice properly anymore. 

In a minor key
When you know, you know

Fishtail is easily her worst song vocally. Her messy vocals added a vibe to the song, but I can’t deny it’s a mess and very weak in a traditional sense. I can tell it’s a recent recording. She’s actually been writing songs that are complementing her new voice. Paris, Texas fits her high voice perfectly with cracks and all. The cracks and pitchyness added character to the song. Some songs work better than others. 

Do you ever fucking stop complaining like damn ma

writing dissertations on Lanaboards.com :bebe: 

Lanaboards is constantly in this loop of people sharing their opinions & people getting mad bc of their opinions.

we have all been a perpetrator… we have all been a victim

Amen :hair:

15 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

it's time for some of you to accept that you don't like Lana's music anymore... it's so annoying to see these comments on every release. :bebe:

yes, we all have different opinions... but it's always the same.

i suggest simply closing your eyes babe

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Who tf is Taylor Swift and how did she get an Ice Spice feature AND a Lana collab… she's literally a nobody?!

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

I really love the vocal delivery of both of them throughout the song. 

taylor sings alone
taylor with lana doing background vocals
lana sings alone
lana with taylor doing the background vocals

the rest of the song they are interspersed with each other.

beautiful 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

since the release of midnights this song has been a skip for me. i just find it boring, regardless of lana being in it or not. but i gotta say i love her delivery and from now on this is the only version of snow on the beach that exists

On 5/27/2023 at 12:00 AM, Xenoblade 2 said:

It’s giving smoker’s voice. I’m not saying she exactly has smoker’s voice but something is going on. Similar to, for example, what happened to Mariah Carey. She is not a smoker, but her voice has undeniably changed for the worst. Mariah used to do her breathy whisper voice as “ornaments” to her normal singing. As years past, that melisma whisper has become her main signature singing style. Further, it changed from being just a style to something she was consciously using to cover up the fact that she couldn’t use her chest voice properly anymore. 

In a minor key
When you know, you know

Fishtail is easily one of her worst songs vocally. Her messy vocals added a vibe to the song, but I can’t deny it’s a mess and very weak in a traditional sense. I can tell it’s a recent recording. She’s actually been writing songs that are complementing her new voice. Paris, Texas fits her high voice perfectly with cracks and all. The cracks and pitchyness added character to the song. Some songs work better than others. 

Well after the recent live concert, it confirmed my suspicions :lange:. She can’t sing Y&B in its original key anymore. She sang it in head voice :lange:. So much back track and she literally can’t even sing a full sentence in Cherry. Mariah teas :lange:. She used to able to sing that song with ease. Hopefully, her struggling like this will wake her up. Hopefully :trisha:.

How tf is she still vaping on stage while sounding like this? Someone stop her :trisha: OH MY GOD.

How could I miss this? 🙈 I love they added more Lana, but I prefer the original mix/instrumentals a lot over the new one. Argh. 😅 Really love the song generally however. 

It was expensive watch it 

yaass finally, true more lana del rey version! btw this is so awkward to me lmao and the quality im so sorry

Lana-Del-Rey-Burning-desire-gif-lana-del
I drive fast, wind in my hair, I push you to the limits 'cause I just don't care

15 minutes ago, racecar said:

btw this is so awkward to me lmao 

it really is

I mean I get it, we're fans and most of us would take any opportunity we'd get to interact with her as much as we could but she's not a robot
fans should learn to respect her private space a little bit more tbh