Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

51 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Ice spice karma will fall off tomorrow cuz it's ass. 

Which version will Taytay submit to the grammys?

The OG SOTB debuted with 15m first day..highest for a collab.

I'm guessing this version might get like 5-6M?

they put Karma and not SOTB on Spotify's New Music Friday playlist, we lost :defeated:

6 hours ago, honeymoon is alive said:

SHE USED A LOWER VOICE, i loved the new version, the added vocals and drums are on point 

I’m glad she used her lower voice, but it’s clear why she doesn’t sing in chest voice anymore. I hate to admit it but it’s giving smoker’s voice. She’s carefully weaving through the notes, so it doesn’t crack that’s what it sounds like to me. I wonder that’s why they changed the melody. This is worrying.

Miley is in the same troubling situation except worse. All of her “live” performances have been pre recorded and she’s avoiding touring. Just by listening to her album, her voice is very damaged.

Lana is cleverly disguising the cracks by singing higher. Miley doesn’t have the range, so she’s forced to display her damaged voice. She kinda made it work by doing rockier music. Her new album not so much.

I wonder if this apprehensiveness is causing Lana to mumble more in newer songs as well. She needs to stop smoking/vaping and go check in with a doctor ASAP. Her upcoming live performances will confirm my suspicions. Let’s see how she sings "Video Games" now if she raises the key, then that’s a very bad sign.

2 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

they put Karma and not SOTB on Spotify's New Music Friday playlist, we lost :defeated:

Karma won't win the Grammy though.

Snow is definitely taking it. No other collabs released last year even come close to it.

1 minute ago, CinnamonGay said:

Karma won't win the Grammy though.

Snow is definitely taking it. No other collabs released last year even come close to it.

I think snow will get the nom over karma but boy's a liar 2 smashed 

33 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

I still can’t figure it out, is Taylor the one who’s singing the second half of lana’s verse or it’s lana with her white dress vocal register? :wowcry:

It's Lana. Taylor uses her lower register

It's weird, Lana's vocals sound a bit harsh with AirPods but with proper headphones they sound great. Taylor's vocals on the other hand sound great with AirPods but harsh with proper headphones :um2: But I'm just nitpicking, still love the new version and especially the humming :wub:

Just got around to listening to it and I love it! I’m not a hardcore fan of Taylor but I’ve been warming up to her music recently, and when the first version of their collaboration came out I didn’t mind how it ended up. I was just glad it happened at all, especially with the timing for me. But, omg, the second version! I’m glad they added different elements to the production instead of just lazily using the same as the first. Love Lana’s new verse. I’m gonna replay tf out of it during the winter.

like snow on the beach :squidward:

5 hours ago, tsscc said:

Knowing Lana & Taylor all too well I basically expected a 20:23 long version with waves crashing or seagulls screeching somewhere along the way or wind at the beginning or a blizzard blowing at the end to make it different and also with a new poem from Lana in the middle about skating on thin ice and then one from Taylor about her cats playing in the snow but this seems less interesting than the original version.

ht_matilda_cat_eyes_jc_150612_16x9_992.j

don't worry just wait another half year and we'll probably get snow on the beach (feat. more more lana del rey) (20 minute ambient poetry version)

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

my first listen i thought the new version was a bit awkward despite loving hearing lana more probably bc i'm so used to the other version lol but after a couple listens i can say i really do like this version better. the second verse was given more of a mellow lana vibe for her which was nice and the tempo change makes the song more interesting and i was pleasantly surprised to here her more on the second chorus and to hear her closing out the song. its a shame this version will only be on streaming tho. taylor should release a till the dawn edition vinyl so we can finally have all the 3am tracks plus this new version of snow on the beach on vinyl

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

i’m convinced some people on this website are hard of hearing :biblio: lana is full on singing the second chorus with taylor barely being there for background vocals and her deep voice overpowers taylor but y’all are still like “where’s lana!!1!!”.

taylor starts singing with “now it’s like” then after that lana is the main voice. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

i'm now 100% sure that when lana releases her magnum opus ultraviolence x honeymoon album you're still going to complain about it lol

as long as that magnum opus is produced by rick nowels, the fandom will be happy 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Can’t Taylor just let her sing one fucking verse?:wtf: I was like oh sick a Lana verse but no, Swift has to jam her harmony in on the second half, also calling it “(feat. Lana Del Rey) [feat. More Lana Del Rey]” is the most disgustingly laziest thing I’ve ever seen lmao:bye:on another note I didn’t even know she was releasing a “til dawn edition”:wtfney:how much money is this woman trying to rake in? Jesus Christ 

giphy.gif