Elle

LDR Village x LanaBoards - Born to Design Contest (Round One: NOW - October 14th)

On 10/2/2022 at 10:50 PM, Clampigirl said:

@Rorman Nockwell I want a LDR village stickman t-shirt, thank you :sass:

I honestly think they're too weird to get anywhere near a t-shirt :oic2:

The Village people (pun intended) would be WTF 

I do have some other ideas but no time to make them

Maybe I'll enter the next round, tho

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

So I might be passionate about graphic design but I don't know shite about it - they only specify that the submissions should be in HQ (300 pixels/inch), but what is considered LQ? 72 pixels/inch? Because my illustration is 72 pixels, but it's huge so it might as well be HQ, y'know?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Well F, my laptop's memory is too full to create a 300 dpi file. I'll have to find a way to solve that tomorrow. :defeated:

Anyway, here's a preview of my design!! Sorry for the low quality picture and uglee watermark, I'm just scared of what people can do with other's art online lol. I also blurred my signature. The gray background is just there so you can see everything, it won't be there in the submission (meaning that the little holes and everything will be see-through/showing the color of the fabric instead).

So! My idea for this was to use the iconic photo of Lana with her cigarette as inspiration for Ultraviolence! I wanted the cig smoke to create this oval shape to frame her but I don't think anyone can tell that it's supposed to be smoke anymore, haha. I'm also scared that the Village will think I've used the original UV logotype, which might be copyrighted?, so I drew it instead. :toofunny:  I'm picturing this could work as a print for t-shirts, sweaters and such! :party:

Spoiler

RxlABd0.png

Oops, I just noticed a mistake - good thing I haven't submitted my entry yet!

I really want to draw something for Honeymoon as well, and Norman but I have no ideas for Norman... which makes me sad, because I love that album so much. (    ;  - ;  )

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

@Clampigirl this is absolutely incredible omggg :oprah: talented Kween!! I hope yours gets selected x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

4 hours ago, Clampigirl said:

Well F, my laptop's memory is too full to create a 300 dpi file. I'll have to find a way to solve that tomorrow. :defeated:

Anyway, here's a preview of my design!! Sorry for the low quality picture and uglee watermark, I'm just scared of what people can do with other's art online lol. I also blurred my signature. The gray background is just there so you can see everything, it won't be there in the submission (meaning that the little holes and everything will be see-through/showing the color of the fabric instead).

So! My idea for this was to use the iconic photo of Lana with her cigarette as inspiration for Ultraviolence! I wanted the cig smoke to create this oval shape to frame her but I don't think anyone can tell that it's supposed to be smoke anymore, haha. I'm also scared that the Village will think I've used the original UV logotype, which might be copyrighted?, so I drew it instead. :toofunny:  I'm picturing this could work as a print for t-shirts, sweaters and such! :party:

Reveal hidden contents

RxlABd0.png

Oops, I just noticed a mistake - good thing I haven't submitted my entry yet!

I really want to draw something for Honeymoon as well, and Norman but I have no ideas for Norman... which makes me sad, because I love that album so much. (    ;  - ;  )

this is so cool! :flutter:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

5 hours ago, Clampigirl said:

So I might be passionate about graphic design but I don't know shite about it - they only specify that the submissions should be in HQ (300 pixels/inch), but what is considered LQ? 72 pixels/inch? Because my illustration is 72 pixels, but it's huge so it might as well be HQ, y'know?

A vector graphic can be scaled to any resolution and uses less memory, so I think you should use this.