Surf Noir

Unpopular Music Opinions

Just now, the ocean said:

katy perry only has one album that is consistently good and that is teenage dream :true:

i know loving teenage dream isn't unpopular but saying that outside of that album she doesn't have that many good songs besides some great singles :hillary:

a little bit more unpopular

One of The Boys is her best album and that's that on that! :true:

Harley's in Hawaii is her best song! 

Just now, letterblue said:

One of The Boys is her best album and that's that on that! :true:

Harley's in Hawaii is her best song! 

one of the boys has killer singles and a few excellent album tracks... but there's also some... other songs on that album that are really bad :bebe:
harleys in hawaii outsold and i wish smile sounded like that & never really over because maybe it would've actually been good

also witness was a lot better than prism and had she refined it a bit more and stuck to the concept instead of abandoning it when it flopped it probably would've been great

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

48 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

BTW is way overhyped and tbh i feels like it’s because of nostalgia. certain tracks feel timeless like Scheiße but…

tbh a lot of pop music fans have no idea what they’re talking about when they say something is ahead of it’s time

and don’t get me started about “this should’ve been a massiv hit”/“this could’ve been a massive hit”:eartha2:

this was shade thrown at me huh… :bebe: well, i'll die on that hill anyway. born this way > artpop on so many levels. artpop was an iconic era but born this way having bloody mary, government hooker, the edge of glory, marry the night, you & i, ugh the list is endless.

5 minutes ago, the ocean said:

katy perry only has one album that is consistently good and that is teenage dream :true:

i know loving teenage dream isn't unpopular but saying that outside of that album she doesn't have that many good songs besides some great singles :hillary:

a little bit more unpopular

one of the boys is here! i think teenage dream is a quintessential pop album even though it has a lot of flaws, but ootb is such a great katy album. it has waking up in vegas, i think i'm ready, fingerprints, thinking of you, etc… like katy came on that bitch mad as hell!

Just now, Surf Noir said:

teenage dream is that type of album where the singles were made to be hit songs and the rest of the tracks are filler/not as great or interesting as the singles

it's not the pop masterpiece that people say it is :ohmy:

not the shade :bebe:

1 minute ago, finalgirl said:

one of the boys is here! i think teenage dream is a quintessential pop album even though it has a lot of flaws, but ootb is such a great katy album. it has waking up in vegas, i think i'm ready, fingerprints, thinking of you, etc… like katy came on that bitch mad as hell!

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

one of the boys has killer singles and a few excellent album tracks... but there's also some... other songs on that album that are really bad :bebe:

cough cough ur so gay

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

not the shade :bebe:

cough cough ur so gay

when i was little my mom had a folder of katy perry and lady gaga music videos that i would watch, but i wasn't allowed to watch the video for ur so gay (or alejandro) on youtube lol :omfg2: but once i started using the internet on my own, i watched them :creepna2: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

yes, to me katy's music died after teenage dream, she'll never top that era I'm afraid. I'd say that my unpopular opinion regarding that album is that the title track was never a fav of mine and to me it felt annoying af the whole I'm A tEeNaGeR vibe even tho I was 13 when it came out  :eek: I was not feeling the teenage dream I guess :eartha: my fav track from TD is E.T. and I prefer one of the boys over teenage dream

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

7 minutes ago, the ocean said:

the emotions are valid but it could've been worded a lot better than it was - also the song is just bad it's bad :bebe:

you don't even, LLLIIIiiiiIIIiiiIIIKEE..... PENIS! 

also, i watched the e.t music video last night and i honestly think it's incredible, the intro with that wasteland and that old 50s(?) song playing, the scene of katy in space where she's a fucking C.G.I ALIEN, the part at the end where she takes off her dress and she has gazelle legs, as well as the product placement with the glasses :defeated: 

also all of those flashing clips of nature, bacteria, and animals mating? :deadbanana: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

you don't even, LLLIIIiiiiIIIiiiIIIKEE..... PENIS! 

also, i watched the e.t music video last night and i honestly think it's incredible, the intro with that wasteland and that old 50s(?) song playing, the scene of katy in space where she's a fucking C.G.I ALIEN, the part at the end where she takes off her dress and she has gazelle legs, as well as that product placement with those glasses :defeated: 

seriously that video and song are just soooo good and I'm so glad they remastered the video and now we have it in 4K. that one does deserve all the views dark horse has

chile lemme do some listening watching rn 851655779722199040.webp?size=44&quality=

TELL ME WHAT'S NEXT ALIEN SEX 851655779722199040.webp?size=44&quality=

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

seriously that video and song are just soooo good and I'm so glad they remastered the video and now we have it in 4K. that one does deserve all the views dark horse has

chile lemme do some listening watching rn 851655779722199040.webp?size=44&quality=

TELL ME WHAT'S NEXT ALIEN SEX 851655779722199040.webp?size=44&quality=

I KNOW A BAR OUT IN MAAAAARS WHERE THEY DRIVE SPACESHIPS INSTEAD OF CAAAAARRS glitchen

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

3 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

i have one insanely unpopular music opinion but its SO bad and unpopular im genuinely scared to post it :bebe:

post it and if anyone hates on you outside of jokes i will publicly shame them :true:

like it's the unpopular opinions thread this is the safe space

2 hours ago, finalgirl said:

this was shade thrown at me huh… :bebe: well, i'll die on that hill anyway. born this way > artpop on so many levels. artpop was an iconic era but born this way having bloody mary, government hooker, the edge of glory, marry the night, you & i, ugh the list is endless.

no i’m sorry i realized after it looked like shade i promise i didn’t mean it at you or to be shade:heart:

negAbhB.png

1 hour ago, daphnedinkley said:

i have one insanely unpopular music opinion but its SO bad and unpopular im genuinely scared to post it :bebe:

this is MY thread, i'm looking for the JUICIEST, HOTTEST TAKES, post whatever you want :true:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

i do not like how i'm feeling now by charli :ohno: its not bad but i didn't like it much when it came out and it hasn't grown on me yet! it probably sits near the bottom of my album ranking for her

i only still stream a few of the songs like forever and pink diamond

Not necessarily unpopular I think? 

But I had no idea Janet Jackson until two years had any impact or even a music career besides that’s the way love goes or scream with Micheal.

She’s had no cultural impact in the UK and is completely forgotten- I never heard any of her music besides those two songs growing up. 
I looked and she has quite a few legacy hits here so it was surprising none of her music played here like Madonna or Mariah etc.

I also think her music is quite overrated-there are some great cuts but you can’t hear her vocals half the time and that just breaks most of her songs.

honey,hero, without you and heartbreaker were played constantly on music stations over here growing up.