Sign in to follow this  
honey dew

A crowd surge in Seoul has killed over 140 people

"At least 146 people have been killed and more than 150 injured after being crushed by a large crowd pushing forward on a narrow street during Halloween festivities in the capital Seoul, South Korean officials say."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-30/halloween-crowd-surge-in-seoul-kills-dozens/101594394

4314d3e72fd911aa03eed9d8397c36ce?impolic

Well there's nothing really to say other than I'm praying and wondering how this can even happen

large crowds can actually be very dangerous, i'm pretty sure there's a name for what happens when people are stuck in large crowds, there can be a lot of weight from all of the bodies surrounding you, it can completely crush you and suffocate you, it's a very horrifying way to die, it's exactly what happened at that travis scott concert incident

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

large crowds can actually be very dangerous, i'm pretty sure there's a name for what happens when people are stuck in large crowds, there can be a lot of weight from all of the bodies surrounding you, it can completely crush you and suffocate you, it's a very horrifying way to die, it's exactly what happened at that travis scott concert incident

well I know how that happens but I meant like how huge crowd surges can still be happening I think especially after astroworld crowd safety should be taught in schools or something. because the government seems to have not done anything about it and then stuff like this can just randomly happen

9 hours ago, honey dew said:

well I know how that happens but I meant like how huge crowd surges can still be happening I think especially after astroworld crowd safety should be taught in schools or something. because the government seems to have not done anything about it and then stuff like this can just randomly happen

From my understanding, Itaewon (the area in town where this happened) is popular to go to for partying, and the covid restrictions have been lifted so a lot of people looked forward to celebrate Halloween for the first time in many years. I also read that the streets/that area aren’t/isn’t very large and it can easily get crowded, like what happened last night. I don’t think the government can tell where people will go, but maybe someone like a town mayor could’ve anticipated how large the crowd would become. Hopefully something will be done to avoid something similar to happen again.

Awful pictures and videos, it looked like a real nightmare. I hope survivors are okay.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

17 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

stampedes terrify me , especially in places like my overcrowded school where you are shoved around each passing time ,let alone during a panic