Sign in to follow this  
Party Favor

Party Favor's Concepts: Unidentified Flying Bills

Hello all :heart:

tldr at bottom. 

a while back I had posted about an album concept I was working on a few (like 2 people) were curious as to what it was so after spending months (of procrastination) i've finally finished some of the design aspects and wanted to share it with anybody who may be interested! While I like graphic design, I am by no means skilled, so try not to judge my covers too harshly lmao. I know there's a topic dedicated to album concepts, but i like attention so :w8ing:There's also a lot of details that went into this concept beyond "here's a tracklist" so i felt its own thread was warranted.

tldr; made album concept. extra deetz n pics in spoilers. 

I consider this to be my take on the original concept of ultraviolence. bit of ultraviolence mixed with some honeymoon and maybe even some slight aka, though this is more thru the story i was attempting to tell vs what songs are on the album. heavy on those dark cultish theatrics we could have had! Pretty proud of the tracklist and spent ages trying to find songs that fit the vibe, story, and transitioned well into each other. I'd say the only transition I don't like is from god knows i tried to your girl, but overall think it isn't too noticeable. 

Tracklist: 
1. god knows i tried
2. your girl
3. serene queen
4. freak like me*
5. cult leader
6. wolf*
7. valley of the dolls
8. ultraviolence*
9. heroin
10. run motorcycle
11. i talk to jesus*
12. unidentified flying bill (ft. barrie james) 

* details below

Spoiler

freak like me - demo version of freak 
wolf - big bad wolf instrumental. cult leader and the instrumental have a similar melody (to me lol) and so i figured why not use it as an interlude of sorts
ultraviolence - demo version. final was just too polished and didn't fit overall sound i was going for
i talk to jesus - alt. version aka the superior version. no but the first version sounds too BTD and did not make sense

Hidden tracks (each vinyl variant has its own hidden track) 

Spoiler

standard - summer wine
UO exclusive - ben
Webstore exclusive - elvis

Covers + Backsides

standard

Spoiler

H9ZC1DN.jpg

FXogaif.jpg

Urban Outfitters exclusive

Spoiler

lQLoHQW.jpg

Om3fXWb.jpg

Webstore exclusive 

Spoiler

THg7WZr.jpg

5hrMtFS.jpg

I might continue to expand this further and create some actual vinyl mock-ups, but that depends on how lazy i am :oprah3: anyways hope whoever sees this enjoys my magnus opus 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)