Elle

[SINGLE] Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: OUT NOW

1 minute ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Really like the song, but I'm really suprised all the people hating Blue Banisters are hyping this. It's totally in the vein of that last album.

I think it's just the hype. It'll take a few days to come to the senses. The same thing happened with Let Me Love You Like a Woman :prettyhurts:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 minute ago, Flowerbomb said:

I think it's just the hype. It'll take a few days to come to the senses. The same thing happened with Let Me Love You Like a Woman :prettyhurts:

except this is actually good…

and also for giving me Margaret

1 minute ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Really like the song, but I'm really suprised all the people hating Blue Banisters are hyping this. It's totally in the vein of that last album.

It sounds like what Blue Banisters should’ve been. Much more grand and full, without the horrible mixing. It has this pizazz a lot of Blue Banisters was missing. My main issue with Blue Banisters is that it’s more of a compilation album than a thought out body of work though. Very relieved DYKTTATUOB only has new material on it and no decade old 128kbps demo recordings.

qfrWuBl.png

I'm listening to the Dolby Atmos on my Studio Display (🍎) and the drums and percussion made me think there was a mouse or something scurrying behind my screen NGL 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

The background singers that she’s used for a while now I think, the ones on summertime/text book etc

oh like the ones from LMLYLAW live? you're probably right they just sound strange to me in this song lol I think I'm not used to their vocals being so loud. thank you

i dont really understand some peoples comparison to bb or cocc. this sounds so fresh to me like lana’s in a completely different headspace. the production is night n day between bb/cocc and this song. 

Just now, mlittle11 said:

i dont really understand some peoples comparison to bb or cocc. this sounds so fresh to me like lana’s in a completely different headspace. the production is night n day between bb/cocc and this song. 

This doesn’t sound like BB it has much more complex arrangements and layering, orchestra…it has a choir at the end ffs come on girlies clean your ears!

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

4 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

This is so ironic because to me it just sounds like IYLDWM, LMLYLAW, and COCC all mixed together :rip: idk it just doesn’t really personally break any new ground. I do think I overall prefer it to those songs though 

Reading the lyrics and this is by far one of the most saddest Lana songs ever. Different from the days of uv and hm and the continuation of the questioning of fame and public eye. She knows people firstly judge her by her looks, she understood they won’t love her when her looks are gone and she’s no longer “young and beautiful”. And to me that’s sadder than a past relationship because she knows she can’t fix thousands of people’s opinion and she can’t ignore them either. Her only wish to be understood by her soul and her heart and she knows that’s just not happening. 

Also the don’t forget me to me feels like it’s directed to the fans. Public may have let her down but she hopes we don’t ever forget her (like the tunnel under the ocean blvd).

7 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i see the comparison because this single sounds exactly like bb x nfr. my first thought when the song started was “wow this sounds like it could be on nfr”. and then she started singing and it reminded me of bb because the melody and lyrics aren’t catchy, they’re more contemplative and slow if that makes sense

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

IM GOING INSANE

0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

・゚。★。゚・ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞-𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 ・゚。★。゚・

OMG 

I JUST OFFICIALLY LISTENED TO THIS SONG FROM START TO FINISH

THIS IS WHITE DRESS 2.0 Y'ALL I WON I FUCKING I MANIFESTED THIS TO HAPPENED

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

some data from Tunebat:

key: C Major

camelot: 8B

120 BPM

https://tunebat.com/Info/Did-you-know-that-there-s-a-tunnel-under-Ocean-Blvd-Lana-Del-Rey/5U1OEoEW4xnalSAToamwZL

I like the suggested tracklist for mixing, the song fits well into her discography :bop:

17 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

This is so true

i was re-listening to BB yesterday to prep myself for the new era and I think BB has this real echo-y, nostalgic feel to it. There’s something soft yet stripped down, also I’m not the biggest fan about how it sounds so far away/muffled.

However,  this new single sounds yearning yet complex, building up with sounds as the song opens it up revealing itself to us. Obv there can be similarities between the two albums as one follows the other, but I feel there was something about BB rooted in the past whereas this album is about Lana’s present.