15. Pretty When You Cry

16. Dark But Just A Game

17. Floridas Kilos

18. Summertime Sadness

19. Doin Time

20. Groupie Love

Ocean Blvd won’t even be in the top 100 tbh :derpna2:

Awwww!! Anyway...

Not my fave but I like it. The orchestral ending of the song with the backing vocals is awesome and I really like that small sigh at the beginning, it's very evocative. Other than that i kinda want to ignore insiders going forward because they kill the initial excitement I would've had for the song on first listen by them overhyping it.

IllegalTotalAdder-max-1mb.gif

This is one of the best songs she's released in recent years imo. COCC and Blue Banisters were incredibly disappointing for me except for years old Cherry Blossom but everyone's already heard that before. I do like the strings in this. It's kind of like a blend of old Lana and new. The lyrics are better than usual and I'm glad she's dropped the weird country shit. Her voice sounds best when she's singing about mosaic ceilings or roses in the garden and giving elegant, grand visuals or whatever. Love the dreamy, sad elements that she's incorporated into this song too.

I don't think the song is anything spectacular compared to what she's already done though.

Im extremely into lyric interpretation at the moment and i did A LONG WORK breaking down the verses to share everything that i thought, so if you like that, just open the spoiler! (don't mind my english plz :ohno:)

Spoiler

"Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd" starts with the violins and piano almost inviting you to a fairytale that shes about to tell, but suddenly what you're facing is more a biography. when she says:

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Boulevard?

It feels like shes starting a conversation, almost like a fun fact that shes telling you about a secret place that she knows, like opening a dialogue with the listener as shes guides you to what she actually want to say.

Mosaic ceilings, painted tiles on the wall

She starts to describe it to you like a innocent description, just to make you visualize how it is that tunnel, but also shows how theses little things and details about local places can make her amazed, its something that shes always interested about, since she wants to share this information to other people, like she has a intimate bond to those places.

Before continuing it's necessary to know what tunnel is she actually reffering to. According to the images that she posted on instagram stories in @/honeymoon IG. She is talking about the Jergins Tunnel, this tunnel was opened in the 20's and closed in the 60's and it was used as an access to the beach in Long Beach, CA and also to the Pyke amusement park that was closed in 1979, 10 years after the tunnel closure to the public. But it hasn't been demolished, so it still there, like a forgotten place.

Plans revealed for re-opening historic Jergins Tunnel in ...

After those verses she sings:

I can't help but feel somewhat like my body marred my soul

This is verse is very dense because it has multiple meanings by the direction she is taking: 

It feels like she is impersonating the tunnel as herself and we already saw that in ''Arcadia'' as she sings ''my body is the map of LA" so this verse could possibly mean that she's cursed in California but it's not a thing she can run from, since she IS the california, she is the tunnel, she is sierra madre, she is the roads that leads to her lovers, but maybe this life ruined her deeply that hurt her soul, something about the life that she has and things she couldn't control made her distant from her fate, whereby maybe her soul should be.

At the same time, she could be talking about her external reality, how her fame her family, her life at general is completely the opposite of what her soul truly wants and thats why she's ruined and probably frustrated as we will see in the next verses:

Handmade beauty sealed up by two man-made walls, and I'm like

I think here, shes talking about two different events, how the tunnel was closed (as shes is still telling to the listener in the conversation what happened to this tunnel under the ocean boulevard)  and later opened again, like a rediscover. Also, the way that she describes the beauty of the tunnel  could indicates that she knows that she  just beautiful  on the inside, that's it's hidden by the public.

When's it gonna be my turn?

Here shes starts to questioning when she will be rediscovered, like the tunnel, when she will be seen again, maybe when she will be truly loved again in a way that could fix her soul again. Shes definitely feeling left behind, like something that people give attention because it's lost, it's forgotten by the years, and that's why maybe she blames her body, because she feels that is what made her overshadowed. It's feels almost like she feels jealous about the tunnel [?] at the same time that she relates to this place in her current state of life and she wonders how it would be if someone finds her.

Open me up, tell me you like it

Here she explictily shows what she wants from someone when she's being discovered, she wants someone that is able to see her but also someone that is capable to open her, like being truly intimate and see her flaws and her darkness but embraces and ''likes it''. She uses the verbs in way that it's a order, shes begging for that, almost like a cry for help to the listener, "please open me up, and when you do that tell me you like it". It's noticeable how she's extremely vulnerable to other people since she needs someone else to give her value and make her feel seen instead of herself doing that.

Fuck me to death, love me until I love myself

Here she continues to show how she wants to be treated like shes seeking for a intense relationship, someone that could give her pleasure till death, more related to the body.

And also want someone that is loyal to love her for a lifetime, until her love herself, more related to the soul. As we know Lana and her mental health, this possibly mean that she wants a long-term relationship since she still has a long journey with that.

There's a tunnel under Ocean Boulevard

I think the way that shes saying this sentence in a repeated way and not as a question anymore, but as an affirmation,  it could mean something like: this tunnel is hidden, im hidden, the tunnel was discovered, i want to be discovered, i am the tunnel, and she's remembering that there's definitely a tunnel under the road, like, "hey i'm here please find me, please love me again". I can see this like lana screaming from the underground hoping that someone is able to listen to her and save her from this place.

There's a girl that sings "Hotel California"

In this verse, i think she's talking about herself in the third perspective.

Hotel California is refferenced  s a song by the Eagles where they shows the opulence and destructive lifestyle of being a LA rockstar. This songs is also refferenced in ''God Knows I Tried" while lana was portraying how her celebrity life was slowly making her lose her life. The lifestyle in this song it narrated in a way that tells the listener that the advertisement to live this life sounds inviting but it's also a trap to a road that you cannot return once you stepped in.

Cover art for Hotel California by Eagles

The imagery of a tunnel can also relate to this image that lana is trying to make us visualize, the tunnel is something that is under the ground and it's something that it's not mutable, you can't change the road or the place of a tunnel. If Lana sees herself as a tunnel it means something that is stuck, its fixed in one place, it cannot run away from where she is. The thing that could possibly be the meaning why she would like to run away from where she is now :  is the fame and the things that come with and that's why she sing about hotel california, she relates to that, she knows every chapter of that story , she's been there, like this verse of the Eagle's song:

"We are all just prisoners here

Of our own device"

She's a prisoner of her legacy like she tells in ''Blue Banisters'' and she cannot run away from LA because of her nature and her life. She been turned into LA as the years passed by, almost like a curse, a love relationship that transformed into a abusive thing.

Not because she loves the notes or sounds that sound like Florida

Here she ensures the listener that there's a deeper meaning for why she sings this song, it's not a innocent preference and it's not because she remember a good place where she has good memories (that is represented as Florida since lana talks about her trips there many times during her life).

It's because she's in a world, preserved, only a few have found the door

The world is clearly the LA celebrity life , that is wicked and obscure most of the times, due to use of heavy substances, loss of purpose, superficial identity and other things. It's a very distant world for most people and it very idolized by many. Because of that we can make a parallel with nature and the man, if we think about certain animals like Pandas, they're loved by humans and due to that reason we take care of them to make sure that they will continue to exist in this world, and this is the same for the fame industry, people love the music industry, but in a way that is sometimes is harming to the artists, (like some poeple in this website that i've seen excited because lana was in bad place and that could mean that she would release good sad songs),and that's why this world is preserved. Only a few has escaped from there because the industry is built in a way that estimulates this compulsive, addicting and toxic ambient that people get trapped in ,so, just a few of them found the door.

It's like Camarillo, only silver mirrors running down the corridor, oh, man

This verse is kinda complex because it's a refference from her refference lol. I searched for what Camarillo could possibly mean and i came up with this discovery, Camarillo was a mental hospital in California during 1936 until 1997, and then got abandoned, (and since 2002 it turned into the California Sate University Channel Islands) and suposedly inspired the Eagles to write Hotel California. This placed is heavily haunted due to its history of torture with the patients doing "treatments to their illness". So she's saying that this life that she has drives her crazy and sometimes she feels like she is in this mental hospital. ( very devastating honestly).

Don't forget me

This is the only difference from first chorus from the others and, as the music builds up, she repeats more this phrase which gives you the feeling that ,while shes telling you all about her current state, she's getting more desperate to leave everything behind ,she needs to be found, she don't to stay there, she don't want to be forgotten , she don't to be this tunnel.

Harry Nilsson has a song, his voice breaks at 2:05

I think the reason why she is so straight forward  in this line is because, overall, this IS a conversation with the listener, she loses herself in her mind in the chorus, but in the verses it's like she comes back to the conversation tha shes having. I will adress about this line in the next verse.

Somethin' about the way he says "Don't forget me" makes me feel like
I just wish I had a friend like him, someone to give me five

The reason why lana feels moved by the way his voice breaks and what he speaks it's because it feels real, it feels vulnerable and she notices someone that shares the same fears in the core, she wants a friend like him because she wants to have someone to relate to this feelings thats she passing through, someone that could support her in a way that she would feel understood.

Also, in this song there's a verse that he sings that really portraits the everlasting love that lana i looking for:

And when we're older and full of cancer
It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
'Cause nothing lasts forever
But I will always love you

And it shows the kind of emotional support that made her imagined how it would their dialogue if they were friends in the next verse :

Leanin' in my back, whisperin' in my ear, "Come on, baby, you can thrive," but I can't

Here, i think she describes how it would be if they were friends and what she would want to hear from him, even though she wouldn't believe that because her insecurity don't let her. Since she feels, stucked in a terrible place and this ruined her soul, she feels like theres no place that she would thrive, and even if it had she wouldn't be able to go there, because she's trapped in, in the end she feels like the forgotten tunnel.

As i said about "Don't Forget Me" verse, that's why the music builds up, after all those conclusions she gets more lost and more desperate , shes desparately asking for help until the music ends, "don't forget me im the tunnel, don't let me be forgotten, please help myself". Heartbreaking :toofunny:.

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

39 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Top 20 (Released only):

1. Off To The Races

2. West Coast

3. Venice Bitch

4. Born To Die

5. Brooklyn Baby

6. Video Games

7. Happiness Is A Butterfly

8. Young and Beautiful 

9. Cherry

10. Ride

11. Cinnamon Girl

12. Radio

13. Shades Of Cool

14. Love Song

15. Pretty When You Cry

16. Dark But Just A Game

17. Floridas Kilos

18. Summertime Sadness

19. Doin Time

20. Groupie Love

21. Swan Song (bonus)

Ocean Blvd won’t even be in the top 100 tbh :derpna2:

the way majority of this came from BTD, UV & NFR speaks volume :true: but okay,we wont judge. Time, in the other hand, will :bye:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Ocean Blvd is already in my top 10 lana songs 

1. West Coast

2. Cruel World

3. The Greatest

4. Mariners Apartment Complex

5. Ride

6. White Dress

7. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

8. Gods and Monsters

9. Did you know there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

yeah the other girls should be scared :ma:

As for the new song, we have seen this already... so similar to Blue Banister tracks... anyway I must say her poetic abilities are otherworldly! :smokes2:

I actually shed a tear when she said "love me until i can love myself" - it's hurt yet so beautiful & i can connect deeply to it.

It's been a while since i have tis feeling again listening to her, I loved chemtrails, i loved BB, but i didn't find this very same feeling where i can feel like she said to me that "hey, i've been there to, i got you" like this song.

To me, it might be her best lead single since M.A.C.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 hours ago, GrenadineGrass said:

Im extremely into lyric interpretation at the moment and i did A LONG WORK breaking down the verses to share everything that i thought, so if you like that, just open the spoiler! (don't mind my english plz :ohno:)

Hide contents

"Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd" starts with the violins and piano almost inviting you to a fairytale that shes about to tell, but suddenly what you're facing is more a biography. when she says:

It feels like shes starting a conversation, almost like a fun fact that shes telling you about a secret place that she knows, like opening a dialogue with the listener as shes guides you to what she actually want to say.

She starts to describe it to you like a innocent description, just to make you visualize how it is that tunnel, but also shows how theses little things and details about local places can make her amazed, its something that shes always interested about, since she wants to share this information to other people, like she has a intimate bond to those places.

Before continuing it's necessary to know what tunnel is she actually reffering to. According to the images that she posted on instagram stories in @/honeymoon IG. She is talking about the Jergins Tunnel, this tunnel was opened in the 20's and closed in the 60's and it was used as an access to the beach in Long Beach, CA and also to the Pyke amusement park that was closed in 1979, 10 years after the tunnel closure to the public. But it hasn't been demolished, so it still there, like a forgotten place.

This is verse is very dense because it has multiple meanings by the direction she is taking: 

It feels like she is impersonating the tunnel as herself and we already saw that in ''Arcadia'' as she sings ''my body is the map of LA" so this verse could possibly mean that she's cursed in California but it's not a thing she can run from, since she IS the california, she is the tunnel, she is sierra madre, she is the roads that leads to her lovers, but maybe this life ruined her deeply that hurt her soul, something about the life that she has and things she couldn't control made her distant from her fate, whereby maybe her soul should be.

At the same time, she could be talking about her external reality, how her fame her family, her life at general is completely the opposite of what her soul truly wants and thats why she's ruined and probably frustrated as we will see in the next verses:

I think here, shes talking about two different events, how the tunnel was closed (as shes is still telling to the listener in the conversation what happened to this tunnel under the ocean boulevard)  and later opened again, like a rediscover. Also, the way that she describes the beauty of the tunnel  could indicates that she knows that she  just beautiful  on the inside, that's it's hidden by the public.

Here shes starts to questioning when she will be rediscovered, like the tunnel, when she will be seen again, maybe when she will be truly loved again in a way that could fix her soul again. Shes definitely feeling left behind, like something that people give attention because it's lost, it's forgotten by the years, and that's why maybe she blames her body, because she feels that is what made her overshadowed. It's feels almost like she feels jealous about the tunnel [?] at the same time that she relates to this place in her current state of life and she wonders how it would be if someone finds her.

Here she explictily shows what she wants from someone when she's being discovered, she wants someone that is able to see her but also someone that is capable to open her, like being truly intimate and see her flaws and her darkness but embraces and ''likes it''. She uses the verbs in way that it's a order, shes begging for that, almost like a cry for help to the listener, "please open me up, and when you do that tell me you like it". It's noticeable how she's extremely vulnerable to other people since she needs someone else to give her value and make her feel seen instead of herself doing that.

Here she continues to show how she wants to be treated like shes seeking for a intense relationship, someone that could give her pleasure till death, more related to the body.

And also want someone that is loyal to love her for a lifetime, until her love herself, more related to the soul. As we know Lana and her mental health, this possibly mean that she wants a long-term relationship since she still has a long journey with that.

I think the way that shes saying this sentence in a repeated way and not as a question anymore, but as an affirmation,  it could mean something like: this tunnel is hidden, im hidden, the tunnel was discovered, i want to be discovered, i am the tunnel, and she's remembering that there's definitely a tunnel under the road, like, "hey i'm here please find me, please love me again". I can see this like lana screaming from the underground hoping that someone is able to listen to her and save her from this place.

Hotel California is refferenced  s a song by the Eagles where they shows the opulence and destructive lifestyle of being a LA rockstar. This songs is also refferenced in ''God Knows I Tried" while lana was portraying how her celebrity life was slowly making her lose her life. The lifestyle in this song it narrated in a way that tells the listener that the advertisement to live this life sounds inviting but it's also a trap to a road that you cannot return once you stepped in.

The imagery of a tunnel can also relate to this image that lana is trying to make us visualize, the tunnel is something that is under the ground and it's something that it's not mutable, you can't change the road or the place of a tunnel. If Lana sees herself as a tunnel it means something that is stuck, its fixed in one place, it cannot run away from where she is. The thing that could possibly be the meaning why she would like to run away from where she is now :  is the fame and the things that come with and that's why she sing about hotel california, she relates to that, she knows every chapter of that story , she's been there, like this verse of the Eagle's song:

Of our own device"

She's a prisoner of her legacy like she tells in ''Blue Banisters'' and she cannot run away from LA because of her nature and her life. She been turned into LA as the years passed by, almost like a curse, a love relationship that transformed into a abusive thing.

Here she ensures the listener that there's a deeper meaning for why she sings this song, it's not a innocent preference and it's not because she remember a good place where she has good memories (that is represented as Florida since lana talks about her trips there many times during her life).

The world is clearly the LA celebrity life , that is wicked and obscure most of the times, due to use of heavy substances, loss of purpose, superficial identity and other things. It's a very distant world for most people and it very idolized by many. Because of that we can make a parallel with nature and the man, if we think about certain animals like Pandas, they're loved by humans and due to that reason we take care of them to make sure that they will continue to exist in this world, and this is the same for the fame industry, people love the music industry, but in a way that is sometimes is harming to the artists, (like some poeple in this website that i've seen excited because lana was in bad place and that could mean that she would release good sad songs),and that's why this world is preserved. Only a few has escaped from there because the industry is built in a way that estimulates this compulsive, addicting and toxic ambient that people get trapped in ,so, just a few of them found the door.

This verse is kinda complex because it's a refference from her refference lol. I searched for what Camarillo could possibly mean and i came up with this discovery, Camarillo was a mental hospital in California during 1936 until 1997, and then got abandoned, (and since 2002 it turned into the California Sate University Channel Islands) and suposedly inspired the Eagles to write Hotel California. This placed is heavily haunted due to its history of torture with the patients doing "treatments to their illness". So she's saying that this life that she has drives her crazy and sometimes she feels like she is in this mental hospital. ( very devastating honestly).

Don't forget me

This is the only difference from first chorus from the others and, as the music builds up, she repeats more this phrase which gives you the feeling that ,while shes telling you all about her current state, she's getting more desperate to leave everything behind ,she needs to be found, she don't to stay there, she don't want to be forgotten , she don't to be this tunnel.

I think the reason why she is so straight forward  in this line is because, overall, this IS a conversation with the listener, she loses herself in her mind in the chorus, but in the verses it's like she comes back to the conversation tha shes having. I will adress about this line in the next verse.

The reason why lana feels moved by the way his voice breaks and what he speaks it's because it feels real, it feels vulnerable and she notices someone that shares the same fears in the core, she wants a friend like him because she wants to have someone to relate to this feelings thats she passing through, someone that could support her in a way that she would feel understood.

Also, in this song there's a verse that he sings that really portraits the everlasting love that lana i looking for:

And it shows the kind of emotional support that made her imagined how it would their dialogue if they were friends in the next verse :

Leanin' in my back, whisperin' in my ear, "Come on, baby, you can thrive," but I can't

Here, i think she describes how it would be if they were friends and what she would want to hear from him, even though she wouldn't believe that because her insecurity don't let her. Since she feels, stucked in a terrible place and this ruined her soul, she feels like theres no place that she would thrive, and even if it had she wouldn't be able to go there, because she's trapped in, in the end she feels like the forgotten tunnel.

As i said about "Don't Forget Me" verse, that's why the music builds up, after all those conclusions she gets more lost and more desperate , shes desparately asking for help until the music ends, "don't forget me im the tunnel, don't let me be forgotten, please help myself". Heartbreaking :toofunny:.

genius.com needs you! 

3 hours ago, GrenadineGrass said:

Reveal hidden contents

Of our own device"

Don't forget me

this is so interesting thank you for that <3

If the drums in the outro hit harder (like WFWF) i would have not been so catty towards Ms. Ocean Boulevard

But she just kinda falls flat, tho it’s still a lovely song. I know Jack isn’t the only producer but i’m sure it’s him brainwashing and whitewashing Lana into thinking it’s phenomenal.

mc-debra-they-not-doing-it.gif