Elle

[SINGLE] Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: OUT NOW

Just now, Surf Noir said:

wow! i just listened, i really like it! i almost cried by the end lmfao :bebe: 

i actually quite like the "fuck me to death" part lol, i feel like i can tell there's genuine emotion behind it all, it doesn't seem like she's saying it just to be edgy and if that were the case i would've disliked it, it seems like it was a necessary part of the song and the story she's trying to tell, i'll have to read the lyrics to understand it all more, but this was really nice! i also love the album cover... it's so 60s! i love it lol

i love that part, the entire song feels genuine. 

OBSESSED! It has the mood of IYLDWM, the self-reflection and geographic feel of NFR/Chem/BB, the yearning love feel of BTD era, some Honeymoon strings, and the pulsating heartbeat of LMLYLAW (except it’s what I wish it had been)! A SERVE :crying: so excited for this album!!!!!!!! think I will do standard and pink versions 😭

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

OHHHHH BABY :squidward: sultry del rey is back !!!! what's the general consensus on the single is it good?? :ohno:

Good? Babe, it's HEAVENLY. Absolutely stunning, gorgeous, lush, beautiful vocals. I couldn't have asked for anything more than this, it feels like I'm listening to Venice all over again, I'm getting the same feeling as then.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

3 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Good? Babe, it's HEAVENLY. Absolutely stunning, gorgeous, lush, beautiful vocals. I couldn't have asked for anything more than this, it feels like I'm listening to Venice all over again, I'm getting the same feeling as then.

And it has background singers. 

She really hates those drums huh.. WHY is there no 'prominent' drums even in the bridge:horror:

I waited the 2nd chorus had more instrument build up. The bridge has nothing special production wise??? :icant:( love her vocals in there) 

I'm not a fan of this backup singer.. She could've done backup vocals herself way better.. 

ANYWAYSSS I like it but i have mixed feelings..

The song sucks and I’m a hater:giraffe:. I was rooting for her. She served ANOTHER Let Me Love You Like A Woman.

I played it once and never want to play it again. Let me go back to streaming West Coast. 

I’m just disappointed because I was genuinely hyped for the album. It’s just so deflating. It’s the exact same thing I felt when I heard Let Me Love You. Completely killed my hype for the album.

2 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

She really hates those drums huh.. WHY is there no drums even in the bridge:horror:

I waited the 2nd chorus had more instrument build up. The bridge has nothing special production wise??? :icant:( love her vocals in there) 

I'm not a fan of this backup singer.. She could've done backup vocals herself way better.. 

ANYWAYSSS I like it but i have mixed feelings..

huh??? there are drums throughout the whole song. what are you listening to 😭

1 minute ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

The song sucks and I’m a hater:giraffe:. I was rooting for her. She served ANOTHER Let Me Love You Like A Woman.

I played it once and never want to play it again. Let me go back to streaming West Coast. 

I’m just disappointed because I was genuinely hyped for the album. It’s just so deflating. It’s the exact same thing I felt when I heard Let Me Love You. Completely killed my hype for the album.

Imagine comparing it to LMLYLAW. :benmawson:

giphy.gif

i disagree. this has actual levels. lmlylaw felt very one tone. i think this feels like an nfr-paradise hybrid of sorts. the lyricism is also top notch 

i’m a fan :true:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

listen to it a few more times. its far superior to LMLYLAW. its rich, unapologetic, and heavenly