Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, tulsaglory said:

i fear this record will not be appealing for BB haters

i'm not even the biggest fan of blue banisters as a whole, but i have a feeling this album will be quite different, but even if it has similar instrumentation or themes, i feel like it will be better, since all of the tracks will be recent, and i trust they'll be more interesting than beautiful :bebe: 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

5 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

I’m sure the album will be great but yeah this song is a turd, if we didn’t get to hear this type of song before in different formats since the COCC era, I’d like it but you can only twist and spin the same shit a certain amount of times, until it becomes boring and redundant. Jack rly is sabotaging the most unique artist of this century by producing all this generic sounding music… i’ll let American Whore be my final judgement but this killed my hype a bit. I said what i said.

Gospel truth, and well said. The melody isn’t strong or new either. WHY in heaven’s name did they release this, out of 14 non-interlude tracks? ‘Crazy for You’ sounded so much better. 

i'm really curious about sweet, we know practically nothing about it, i have a feeling it will be very sensuous and breezy, like a honeymoon track, but perhaps also very vulnerable and confessional, a track which is lyrically complex, but also leaves you wondering more... 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

I'm so grateful that Lana doesn't care about appeasing those with poor taste and instead is building such a rich catalogue of ART, this song is the most perfect thing she could have released right now, and it's pretty clear that she has some surprises waiting for us on this record. We're going for a ride.

11 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

I’m sure the album will be great but yeah this song is a turd, if we didn’t get to hear this type of song before in different formats since the COCC era, I’d like it but you can only twist and spin the same shit a certain amount of times, until it becomes boring and redundant. Jack rly is sabotaging the most unique artist of this century by producing all this generic sounding music… i’ll let American Whore be my final judgement but this killed my hype a bit. I said what i said.

When is going to be my turd?

dont forget me!

I feel like no ones talking about the Tommy collab...:bebe: I'm just trying to imagine what a song with a rapper is going to sound like on this album...... given the information/soundscape we know so far Idk what that will sound like, but maybe the interlude will somehow connect the orchestral sound with a beat-oriented sound? 

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Gospel truth, and well said. The melody isn’t strong or new either. WHY in heaven’s name did they release this, out of 14 non-interlude tracks? ‘Crazy for You’ sounded so much better. 

I fear she has lost it (her Lana essence) but we can’t say it definitely until we hear more… stay strong 

one thing i will say though is that can we leave the "supreme opinions" in the pre-pre-release thread as well? i know we're all incredibly opinionated and sometimes we all like to joke about the "correct" opinion (i even did it a few pages ago) but in all seriousness it is a bit rude & patronizing

and i've already seen it on this page :bebe:

edit: basically there is room for every opinion here, as long as it doesn't harm anyone & is not disrespectful (and don't try to use that to loophole by saying that disagreeing with you is disrespectful)

Edited by the ocean

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i know we're all incredibly opinionated and sometimes we all like to joke about the "correct" opinion (i even did it a few pages ago) but in all seriousness it is a bit rude & patronizing

i love hearing peoples strong opinions about certain songs/albums and how much they defend them. i always find it fascinating how some pieces of her work resonate so much with people (some certainly have for me) :oprah3:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Just now, archiemm said:

i love hearing peoples strong opinions about certain songs/albums and how much they defend them. i always find it fascinating how some pieces of her work resonate so much with people (some certainly have for me) :oprah3:

yeah no i'm not saying people can't be proud of their opinion & defend it (i do that myself) but i've seen a few people be quite rude for not expressing the same opinion as them and like can we all just agree to disagree? it's music not politics :bebe:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, the ocean said:

yeah no i'm not saying people can't be proud of their opinion & defend it (i do that myself) but i've seen a few people be quite rude for not expressing the same opinion as them and like can we all just agree to disagree? it's music not politics :bebe:

nvm i misread what you wrote its nearly 2am here and its been a wild day no i agree minefield.gif

that being said lets appreciate the fact she has fed us (very) well today with visuals, a song, and something to look forward to for a few months :flutter:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

10 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

I fear she has lost it (her Lana essence) but we can’t say it definitely until we hear more… stay strong 

just wait until you hear the whole album 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Now that I am home I can fully take in all this news. 

1) I started to tear up as soon as I heard her sigh. 
2) The build up is incredible. 
3) The lyrics are unbelievable.

4) When the back up singers came in I nearly fell out of my chair.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

10 minutes ago, the ocean said:

one thing i will say though is that can we leave the "supreme opinions" in the pre-pre-release thread as well? i know we're all incredibly opinionated and sometimes we all like to joke about the "correct" opinion (i even did it a few pages ago) but in all seriousness it is a bit rude & patronizing

and i've already seen it on this page :bebe:

edit: basically there is room for every opinion here, as long as it doesn't harm anyone & is not disrespectful (and don't try to use that to loophole by saying that disagreeing with you is disrespectful)

It’s fine to express strong opinions, just do it civilly and don’t be offended by civilly-expressed opinions that differ from your own. 

my old friends from years ago are texting me saying “old lana is back” and they are just casual listeners. 

the aesthetics are profoundly beautiful (ribbons, eyeliner, pout, vintage aesthetic) 

and the song itself is also a dream. idk why y’all think she’s “gone” ? :(