Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Anyways do you think Judah Smith's (aka Churchome/ex-Hillsong pastor's) feature will be him skirting around the issue of LGBTQIA+ inclusion in church or him reasserting that masturbation outside marriage is a sin? I can't decide. I will not be mad at all if that song leaks (just not on LB, for Elle's sake) because he doesn't deserve to make any coins whatsoever and I'm disgusted that he's infiltrated her music.

She just keeps upping the ante in terms of needless features, but this one is downright pain.

I don't really know who this guy is but as soon as I heard there was a pastor on this album I was like....why, Lana? 

And hearing that this is what he's like/what he talks about...:awkney2:

my guess is that it'll just be some random proverbial thing that doesn't really have anything to do with anything and at least its just an interlude :crossed:

2 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

i hope the pastor is on American Whore or some other wild type of track where Lana disses him & sings about the divisiveness of religion. It would be so utterly powerful. But I know it’s going to be some fucking cringe fest 

He’s on and interlude directly after American Whore. And Lana praised him in her message about the album as someone who has given her guidance. 

Yeah, the pastor thing makes me extremely uncomfortable. Sorry Christians, there’s no justification for avoiding talking about who is accepted in your church… and other freedoms that shouldn’t be questioned 

5 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

All this discourse about connections (or lack thereof): connecting with and/or liking a song immediately is not indicative of you holding some deep understanding of it, or her, that others lack. People can understand what she's trying to say, and still not like it. There's almost this elitist attitude in here and it really isn't that serious. You like it or you don't, and you don't get to tell anyone else they don't understand. Maybe YOU don't understand, maybe I don't understand, at the end of the day, idgaf if anyone else understands and I will understand what I will understand. Understand?

I’m a Cancer with several other similar placements as Lana and I DO think I get her better so what elitist group do I belong to lol

:um2:

3 minutes ago, sweetcinnamondealer said:

I don't really know who this guy is but as soon as I heard there was a pastor on this album I was like....why, Lana? 

And hearing that this is what he's like/what he talks about...:awkney2:

my guess is that it'll just be some random proverbial thing that doesn't really have anything to do with anything and at least its just an interlude :crossed:

Yeah it's giving Madonna's Isaac vibes

(I don't understand Hebrew but afaik Isaac wasn't problematic, though)

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 minute ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Yeah it's giving Madonna's Isaac vibes

(I don't understand Hebrew but afaik Isaac wasn't problematic, though)

as a madonna fan, isaac was never really about religion to begin with (although it was still a little strange)

meanwhile this interlude is definitely seeming more strictly religious which is an ick - but we'll see

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

This song feels monumental, it’s going to go down as a classic. 

Also, I’m getting Lynchian vibes from the song — “It's because she's in a world, preserved, only a few have found the door. It's like Camarillo, only silver mirrors running down the corridor”  — I visualize an alternate Red Room from Twin Peaks with silver mirrors instead.

I’m just so thrilled, she totally blew me away. 
The album visuals remind me of Lynch too, and Warhol but maybe I’m going too far. IDC!:oprah:

Just now, TrashMagiq said:

What if she renamed American Whore to A&W out of respect of the pastor and his interlude being right after… Not feeling it.

when american whore is about how she's a whore for american sodas and restaurant chains :true: 

A&W Restaurants - Wikipedia

WGe8ynS.gif

6 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Watch it be the same boring shit as her last three albums with scarce production and lazy melodies.

why are you here?

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

as a madonna fan, isaac was never really about religion to begin with (although it was still a little strange)

meanwhile this interlude is definitely seeming more strictly religious which is an ick - but we'll see

Oh. I just assumed it had something to do with Judaism but admittedly I've never looked into it

I don't hate that song, though - it's strange but in a refreshing way

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

7 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i really don't understand why you're still here 

Because at the bottom of pandora’s box there is still…hope.

I have hope she will ditch her current entourage at some point and make exciting music again. I really really wished that she and Jack Antonoff never crossed paths. I curse the day they met.