Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just glanced at some recent comments and just wanted to add some thoughts. Since SNL and then Amoeba performance Lana's fan base has grown continuously. Year after year it has snowballed not just from releases or promotion but because of her talent and mystery. Even early on her fans were feared more than "Swifties" or whatever they're called. God forbid you make a public statement dissing her. The fans would come out to destroy. I read somewhere she's the most famous person people have never heard of. Of course I support her getting "number 1" and acknowledgement from the industry. What I love most is not her chart sales or positions. It is when she comes out on stage and the crowd goes crazy. I have seen her 5 times and countless YouTube videos. I still get chills when she walks on stage. I know many of you have seen this but if not take a look. Absolute madness but incredible. 

28 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

Exactly, that time of her career is over. It’s been 10 years, she’s not too far from 40 years old realistically, she is now a legacy act with a solidified fanbase. She’s the IT girl of years ago, what she gets now is good debut numbers, healthy streams and being able to tour pretty much for the rest of her career. Some artists should be so lucky.

Her career is bigger than it’s ever been, only people on lanaboards are Delulu about this-she’s never been top 10 on streaming before, her songs constantly go viral on tik tok-the charts mean shit now 

2 hours ago, weinendersoldat said:

Jack is to lana how bloodpop is to gaga

well, at least he + her gave us NFR, Venice bitch, White Dress & Cinnamon girl

Blood-that i cant even talk about

MetallicThoseHornedtoad-size_restricted.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

the charts mean shit now 

No it's trew it's trew

Just look at the fact that she's IN THE TOP 5 MOST VIRAL ARTISTS OF SPOTIFY WRAPPED 2022

she IS the only artist in that top 5 has no #1 hit on hot 100, or even top 10, her best-selling album, her prime era which is TD only have one single charted - Video Games only peaked #91.

let that sink in.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

I hope she’ll drop a new single + video in January or February, once the holidays are over. Or at least let us know the full tracklist. It’d be perfect, we got this single now and it’ll keep us happy for a while, and a second single to hype us up again a month or a month and a half before the album is released. :flutter: 

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 minute ago, SalvaWHORE said:

well, at least he + her gave us NFR, Venice bitch, White Dress & Cinnamon girl

Blood-that i cant even talk about

MetallicThoseHornedtoad-size_restricted.

White dress is kinda cool, I can’t chill with the rest I’ll admit.

I don’t think it’s his production for me-it’s the mixing-if you’ve ever done a mixing lesson his work just sounds wrong.

I know there’s different ways but I can’t for the life of me work out why you’d want a vocal to be hidden in some parts and have a flat instrumental.

I just don't know why some people said this agian and again from atrl to here, everyone has his or her own opinion about music, so it's ok if you don't like it and to express. But now you like a despot who wanna others here accept your opinion forcefully and since one song from this album is not what you want, lana's career is over for you.

The song is basic for me, I don't hate or like it. But according to "the variety" boz said, I am also confident in this album to come. Don't push her so high, she is not a god, pls allow her to do something not seen good enough. Also the song's vocal is not polished very well and its melody is nothing for me but not that bad enough

1 minute ago, SalvaWHORE said:

No it's trew it's trew

Just look at the fact that she's IN THE TOP 5 MOST VIRAL ARTISTS OF SPOTIFY WRAPPED 2022

she IS the only artist in that top 5 has no #1 hit on hot 100, or even top 10, her best-selling album, her prime era which is TD only have one single charted - Video Games only peaked #91.

let that sink in.

this is actually not true - summertime sadness peaked at #6 albeit the remix version

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, the ocean said:

this is actually not true - summertime sadness peaked at #6 albeit the remix version

it would if she'd released Born to Die (Tenth Anniversary expanded edition) and put that remix in as a bonus track :hottie:

1 hour ago, Coney Island King said:

Exactly, that time of her career is over. It’s been 10 years, she’s not too far from 40 years old realistically, she is now a legacy act with a solidified fanbase. She’s the IT girl of years ago, what she gets now is good debut numbers, healthy streams and being able to tour pretty much for the rest of her career. Some artists should be so lucky.

Lana is not a legacy act lmao :toofunny:. She’s still reaching new highs and is constantly gaining new & younger fans that are checking for her new releases. Just look at TikTok. It doesn’t mean that she’s nearing 40 that she’s automatically a legacy act like,, she’s only 10 years into her mainstream career.

qfrWuBl.png

honestly the fact that people think that reaching 40 and chart flopping is becoming a legacy act is both sad and borderline misogynistic :bebe:

and i'm not even saying that to defend lana it's just in general

cher is a legacy act, jlo is a legacy act, shakira is a legacy act

madonna is not a legacy act, beyoncé is not a legacy act, and lana is definitely not a legacy act nn

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, Fart Deco said:

Waiting for her team to update her pfp on Apple Music and Spotify (and the cover of the “This is LDR” playlist, while they’re at it) :tea:

They updated her profile picture on Spotify yesterday. 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

Lana is not a legacy act lmao :toofunny:. She’s still reaching new highs and is constantly gaining new & younger fans that are checking for her new releases. Just look at TikTok. It doesn’t mean that she’s nearing 40 that she’s automatically a legacy act like,, she’s only 10 years into her mainstream career.

They’re checking to see if they will get classic Lana not this whitewashed Lana. Only her og and hardcore stans are here for a whole project, the GP just wants one or two bombastic songs they can vibe to (Dealer, Cherry, etc) and not fall asleep to. :true:

4 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

They’re checking to see if they will get classic Lana not this whitewashed Lana. Only her og and hardcore stans are here for a whole project, the GP just wants one or two bombastic songs they can vibe to (Dealer, Cherry, etc) and not fall asleep to. :true:

Why are we pretending like NFR which is considered her best album amongst newer fans didn’t come out only 3 years ago… It doesn’t mean that she released 2 less exciting albums in 2021 that she’s automatically a legacy act and no one cares about the new releases anymore like be for real…

qfrWuBl.png