Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Lana still has the magic to create such cinematic songs. People here are too focused on the fact that it's similar to her past two albums, because it has a different emotion, there's a lot of instruments, and it builds up throughout the song. Lana has moved away from the typical pop song structures and now finds herself in small details, long verses, and making space for her poetry to shine. Even though she sings such "wordy" songs now, she devoted almost two minutes to harmonies with "don't forget me" and beautiful backing vocals. The 2nd part of the song also shows Lana's passion for making MUSIC and not just singing her verses with random noises in the background. Imo, this is her most cinematic song since Lust For Life, and this is how I imagined Lana would sound when she got older. Full of emotions, lyricism, and orchestras.

33 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

the tunnel song really resembles "Don't Forget Me" by Harry Nilsson in so many aspects:flutter:

He is our Nina Simone for this album:defeated:

I listened to his song after hers and there are definitely similarities! The production especially. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

5 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Lana still has the magic to create such cinematic songs. People here are too focused on the fact that it's similar to her past two albums, because it has a different emotion, there's a lot of instruments, and it builds up throughout the song. Lana has moved away from the typical pop song structures and now finds herself in small details, long verses, and making space for her poetry to shine. Even though she sings such "wordy" songs now, she devoted almost two minutes to harmonies with "don't forget me" and beautiful backing vocals. The 2nd part of the song also shows Lana's passion for making MUSIC and not just singing her verses with random noises in the background. Imo, this is her most cinematic song since Lust For Life, and this is how I imagined Lana would sound when she got older. Full of emotions, lyricism, and orchestras.

Agree with this so much !!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

19 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

some of the people on here are NEVER happy, with anything :sideeye: 

and that’s coming from me lmao let that sink in 

Ngl you loving the song is the plottwist of the year and we love that :trisha:

You spilled btw 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

She changed her profile on spotify:smile4:

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

sorry but this song its going to be some classic shit, that bridge and then the chorus and the outro 10/10 If it is not clicking for you I think that with the full album you will see the vision of the song

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

Ngl you loving the song is the plottwist of the year and we love that :trisha:

You spilled btw 

like yeah it’s nothing groundbreaking for her but it’s classic lana, the production is better than most things on cocc and bb, the song doesn’t sound empty of muffled, has good lyrics, the production is grand and rich, you hear orchestra, you hear an electric guitar, there’s a bridge…and it’s only 1 song out of 16 like can some people stop whining already :azealia:

Every single sign points into a great direction this time and to something miles ahead of her last two records yet some people are STILL not happy bc iTs nOt uLtRaViOlEncE or trap :xtina:

Madonna was 47 when she released "Confessions on a Dance Floor", an acclaimed and impactful dance record. I'm sure we'll hear from Lana her own version of it: something completely new for her and something that will change the music industry, too. :oprah3:

2 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Havent been able to catch up till now about news... Do we happen to have the tracklist already?

No, we know about track 1 the grants track 2 lead single track 3 sweet track 4 a&w(american whore) and other track fingertips 

Just now, inigodelrey3 said:

No, we know about track 1 the grants track 2 lead single track 3 sweet track 4 a&w(american whore) and other track fingertips 

Thank you!

I feel like this album is going to be big (NFR big). Already it's had way more promo and attention than BB, and I think has been received in a more positive manner than COCC did (I think because COCC came after the controversy). IDK I think she's back on track to making BIG albums again, because I think the last 2 were enjoyed by fans and fans only.

:candy:

22 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

like yeah it’s nothing groundbreaking for her but it’s classic lana, the production is better than most things on cocc and bb, the song doesn’t sound empty of muffled, has good lyrics, the production is grand and rich, you hear orchestra, you hear an electric guitar, there’s a bridge…and it’s only 1 song out of 16 like can some people stop whining already :azealia:

Every single sign points into a great direction this time and to something miles ahead of her last two records yet some people are STILL not happy bc iTs nOt uLtRaViOlEncE or trap :xtina:

Facts!!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg