Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Based on Lana's description of "Fingertips" and the leaked snippet, people will either love it or hate it. A wordy freestyled song with strings in the background, yeah, kinda scared. 

4 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Based on Lana's description of "Fingertips" and the leaked snippet, people will either love it or hate it. A wordy freestyled song with strings in the background, yeah, kinda scared. 

We love a polarizing song!!

It sounds like Drew put so much work & effort in it hence her describing it as sth that sounds like it got worked on for a year & it sounds like it's gonna be the wordiest or one of the most wordiest songs on the album. Super curious to hear it, how that one turned out!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

33 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

like yeah it’s nothing groundbreaking for her but it’s classic lana, the production is better than most things on cocc and bb, the song doesn’t sound empty of muffled, has good lyrics, the production is grand and rich, you hear orchestra, you hear an electric guitar, there’s a bridge…and it’s only 1 song out of 16 like can some people stop whining already :azealia:

Every single sign points into a great direction this time and to something miles ahead of her last two records yet some people are STILL not happy bc iTs nOt uLtRaViOlEncE or trap :xtina:

Okay I know we all have opinions but this song is objectively muffled maybe not vocally but instrumentally yes-compare this to songs produced in the same low-key vein within the last 20 years- 

BOZ said one specific thing that hits double hard when its relatable.. to enjoy her newer music since 2021 we need to let old style lana go... thats just really true, and accept the literal growth of her vision and poetry to be able to say free that i enjoy it, this is what ive always felt the lack of since nfr, and im really happy i finally understanding it, so im very excited for this intimate autobiographical masterpiece to destroy me:deadbanana:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

6 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

This. This answer is everything 

Can someone express himself without people getting rude because of their feelings getting weirdly hurt ?

9 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

BOZ said one specific thing that hits double hard when its relatable.. to enjoy her newer music since 2021 we need to let old style lana go... thats just really true, and accept the literal growth of her vision and poetry to be able to say free that i enjoy it, this is what ive always felt the lack of, and im really happy i finally understanding it, so im very excited for this intimate autobiographical masterpiece to destroy me:deadbanana:

Naur, I see no growth. It’s same shite again. This new song literally sounds like If You Lie Down With Me and Let Me Love You Like A Woman. She’s been running out of ideas that’s the problem. BOZ hasn’t been listening to past 2 albums in full I fear considering how much he hates them. Idk how he likes this song over whatever on BB considering they are almost identical.

I wish she tried something different. I’m ready to let go. I’ve been READY. She’s not.

11 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Naur, I see no growth. It’s same shite again. This new song literally sounds like If You Lie Down With Me and Let Me Love You Like A Woman. She’s been running out of ideas that’s the problem. BOZ hasn’t been listening to past 2 albums in full I fear considering how much he hates them. Idk how he likes this song over whatever on BB considering they are almost identical.

I wish she tried something different. I’m ready to let go. I’ve been READY. She’s not.

what you are saying makes a lot of sense.

I just hope you won’t get crucified by some weirdos who can’t handle some critical thoughts. It’s like you are killing their own mothers in front of them, when Lana doesn’t even know they exist. Sad.

30 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Okay I know we all have opinions but this song is objectively muffled maybe not vocally but instrumentally yes-compare this to songs produced in the same low-key vein within the last 20 years- 

not clicking on a xtincta aguilera song thank you very much :bye:

3 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Jack Antonoff having writing credit on the pastor interlude is giving me hope that it's nothing too preachy or controversial :eek:

It's just his voice saying And God said, Let there be light and then Lana starts with Lights, camera, acción!

Well, the new song is great, but it's nothing we haven't heard yet on the past three records, not groundbreaking at all. Production is nice, lyrics are reminiscent of what we heard on NFR--but it's basically a mashup of Arcadia, Let Me Love You Like A Woman and If You Lie Down With Me, with more strings and added back vocals.

What BoZ said is interesting... I think Lana is most definitely never going to serve as hard as she did on her first three records. She's been in her folk-singer-songwriter/vagabond poet era/state of mind since NFR and I don't see that changing ever. 

Unfortunately, the more I listen to this song, the more I'm like "okay this I have heard before on NFR, Chemtrails and Blue Banisters". I think it kinda ranks middle-of-the-road compared to her other title tracks as well. This is not better than Born To Die, Ultraviolence, Honeymoon, NFR or Chemtrails, not sure whether I would rank BB above or below at this point. But it's surely better than LFL.

As per usual, cautiously excited to hear the rest of the record. At least the visuals are great and cohesive this era. That's lovely.