Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

6 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

It's just his voice saying And God said, Let there be light and then Lana starts with Lights, camera, acción!

And then put me in a movie begins:trisha:

p.s just now I thought how controversial it would be to have a preacher on a audio and then comes put me in a movie right after it:toofunny:

This constant pressure on female musicians to keep delivering and reinventing themselves with each release is very telling. Lana already delivered a baroque hip-hop album, a 70s rock album, an orchestral, jazzy and trap hybrid, an album with an amalgamation of all of these sounds (LFL), an indie singer-songwriter album, a folk album and Blue Banisters (which I can’t really describe or put in one specific genre). What else do you want her to do? Have the same sonic approach or lyrical subjects she had 10 years ago? I keep running into comments such as “there is no growth” that always provide little to no explanation or substance to it and we’re supposed to not question them? I’m not even remotely interested in changing other people’s opinions, I’m just curious as to why blanket statements like these keep getting made.

IMG-7960.jpg

13 minutes ago, JFKs Fine China said:

Didn’t BoZ say Lana references an unreleased song in Tunnel? Or was that about another song? 

That could just mean that the song was referenced, but not that Lana covered it.

The threads have gone crazy yesterday, did someone spill on possible tracks / titles? I know about the side A of the vinyls and American Whore (can’t wait for that one) but other than that? Thanks!

11 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

The threads have gone crazy yesterday, did someone spill on possible tracks / titles? I know about the side A of the vinyls and American Whore (can’t wait for that one) but other than that? Thanks!

A&W and American Whore are the same track.

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

3 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

A&W and American Whore are the same track, both on side A.

+ Fingertips 

Everything. Forever.

I love how she puts out the longest and wordiest titles that may seem unmarketable but they still end up being memes all over the internet :thumb3:

It's so funny how Lana was (still is by some people) associated with coke, cigarettes, daddies etc. and now it's poetry, long random titles, sad songs where she gets fucked... :hide:

The growth 

giphy.gif

"As her career goes Lana challenges herself as a songwriter more and that requires listener to adjust. Many of the new songs are gonna be very long, not bound to conventional structure, centered around lyricism, raw poetry. It takes letting go old Lana style to appreciate new one." - BoZ

VERY LONG SONGS? UNCONVENTIONAL STRUCTURES? :oprah4:

Oh I WON and so many people on here are about to lose.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

30 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

This constant pressure on female musicians to keep delivering and reinventing themselves with each release is very telling. Lana already delivered a baroque hip-hop album, a 70s rock album, an orchestral, jazzy and trap hybrid, an album with an amalgamation of all of these sounds (LFL), an indie singer-songwriter album, a folk album and Blue Banisters (which I can’t really describe or put in one specific genre). What else do you want her to do? Have the same sonic approach or lyrical subjects she had 10 years ago? I keep running into comments such as “there is no growth” that always provide little to no explanation or substance to it and we’re supposed to not question them? I’m not even remotely interested in changing other people’s opinions, I’m just curious as to why blanket statements like these keep getting made.

I totally agree she has evolved and didn’t just make the song from BTD on all records.

I think the point some are making is that all her records had unique melodies and structures/themes - BTD sounds nothing like west coast, West coast sounds nothing like High to the Beach, Love sounds nothing like her prior songs although is a BTD tribute.

all of her leads post NFR are eeriely similar- I genuinely believe you can slot cottc on NFR without batting an eye and same with ocean. 

I do think Blue banisters is a bit of an exception and dont really group it in so much with NFR and COCC.