Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I wonder if the lyrics we got were from fingertips and she changed the opener to The Grants or if it was from The Grants the whole time.

The lyrics about "get your attention for a minute or two" make a lot of sense for an opener :thirst:

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I don't think Lana is feeling any pressure to ''outdo'' herself, I think she's just making the music she feels like doing/likes best. 

Feeling exactly the same regarding her artistic journey.

She's right now making music as a way to overcome the days and live her life the best way she can. Through her first three records I feel like she was pushing herself to go all time through the core of all, no matter the price in personal terms (and that's how those albums were absolutely fiery). I feel that now she's finding balance between having to go through days with all the normality that that embodies and her deep psychical/artistic proceses that get to happen simultaneously. The results are maybe not always as explosive or groundbreaking as they used to be before, but the beauty and the calm she's creating and being able to mantain and to transmit, from my point of view, is just admirable and awe inspiring as well. 

There's so many things flowing beneath the music she's bringing, and I feel absolutely grateful to her for keeping on the effort in such a crazy and uncomprehensible world.

12 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I really thought we'd be getting the tracklist yesterday :twirls:

Me too but, you know, it’s nice to have something to look up to waiting for March :xgiggle:

Lanarat.png

A bit worried bc last time I got hyped for a song based purely off of the name, it was Venice Bitch. And before yall drag me. It was just that I was expecting an upbeat summer bummer-esque bop. I'm 100% happy with what it ended up being, but I learned my lesson on judging based off name. Imagine if American Whore turns out to be an almost full acapella track, with just random smothered pianos and a distorted guitar at -13 Decibels 

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

3 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

A bit worried bc last time I got hyped for a song based purely off of the name, it was Venice Bitch. And before yall drag me. It was just that I was expecting an upbeat summer bummer-esque bop. I'm 100% happy with what it ended up being, but I learned my lesson on judging based off name. Imagine if American Whore turns out to be an almost full acapella track, with just random smothered pianos and a distorted guitar at -13 Decibels 

This is funny to me because I’m hoping it’ll be another ‘frolicking in a meadow on acid’ song :deadbanana: she does have a knack for having some songs sound completely different from what I’m expecting just based on the title alone 

sgopYhV.gif

12 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

boz said that is their most sonically interesting and unprecedent work and with the name american whore im waiting for a really unique and impressive sound or track like when we listen to dealer