Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

not trying to be a "debbie downer" or anything in the thread (whatever that means) i'm just expressing some concerns

and for the record, i very much love the new single & i'm very excited for the album (aside from that interlude)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

im far from worried about the pastor situation, its on the same album as a song called American whore and her begging to be fucked to death. its giving campy iconic tropico vibe interlude! Im excited 

her religion renouncement era :hype:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

5 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Naur, I see no growth. It’s same shite again. This new song literally sounds like If You Lie Down With Me and Let Me Love You Like A Woman. She’s been running out of ideas that’s the problem. BOZ hasn’t been listening to past 2 albums in full I fear considering how much he hates them. Idk how he likes this song over whatever on BB considering they are almost identical.

I wish she tried something different. I’m ready to let go. I’ve been READY. She’s not.

the past two albums have BEEN something different though... you literally just don't like her new style and that's fine. but it doesn't rlly matter if she does move onto "something different," as long as what she does isn't what YOU want, you'll still complain

😋🫶🏼

i understand the uncertainty regarding the sermon interlude. i also can understand Lanas POV with wanting to incorporate her faith into a work of art. for all we know, faith could’ve been what brought her back from a catastrophic period of her life. she’s been open with her alcoholism and mental health issues, her faith could have been the one piece of life that she found strong to hold onto. religions have so many controversial views and beliefs that comes with so much judgement and agony. but with Lana, we know her music is her DIARY. it’s our decision to tune into it or not based on personal religious/non religious views.

giphy.gif

Going from an allegedly wild track named American Whore to an interlude that includes her pastor's speech to potentially gospel/jazz-influenced tracks co-written by Jon Batiste will certainly be a ride, lol. 

I hope that the interlude will be in the vein of Violet and the pastor's speech is something strictly philosophical/spiritual. 

I doubt the Genesis track will be an interlude though. Hermosa is also credited as a co-writer, and Lana said that the Hermosa tracks were the first ones she worked on for this record. I think that the other interlude will be track 10 (SYML) or 11 (RIOPY). 

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

in case anyone is interested in hearing Judah’s views on homosexuality

tw SA reference

Hide contents

“[It’s] a sin, the same as murder, rape, or living with your girlfriend.”

direct quote from him!

Yikes.

I wonder how many times he's condemned Lana for living with her random boyfriends btw. 

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

tw SA reference

Hide contents

direct quote from him!

choosing to believe lana didn't know he said this qtip.gif

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

8 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

tw SA reference

Reveal hidden contents

direct quote from him!

i trust lana’s taste, she’s not gonna put anything bad on the album, but Judah is not a good guy. That quote from him is from a while back, before his career and fortune revolved around making celebrities and rich people, especially progressive celebrities, happy, obviously he’s not gonna openly say he still believes in that statement today.

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

tw SA reference

Reveal hidden contents

direct quote from him!

yeah and for the record when i said "questionable" and "not outright homophobic" i was really playing devil's advocate :awkney:

i guess that went over some people's heads though not directed at OP just quoting for reference

I’m not going to get into a religious conversation/argument, and I’m not going to claim to know how her church works or what the messages are, but not every word of a sermon is preachy.

It’s very possible the message is something about peace of mind/letting go of the past/finding joys in the everyday. 

everyone hears pastor and automatically assumes we’re getting some “I’m better than you. God knows all” message and that’s not typically how every church service goes every single time. If Lana is including it on her album, whatever the message is, was obviously very important to her and struck something inside her 

"Don’t forget me"

7 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

i understand the uncertainty regarding the sermon interlude. i also can understand Lanas POV with wanting to incorporate her faith into a work of art. for all we know, faith could’ve been what brought her back from a catastrophic period of her life. she’s been open with her alcoholism and mental health issues, her faith could have been the one piece of life that she found strong to hold onto. religions have so many controversial views and beliefs that comes with so much judgement and agony. but with Lana, we know her music is her DIARY. it’s our decision to tune into it or not based on personal religious/non religious views.

what tracks do we know on the album? is the full tracklist discovered ?

4 minutes ago, lanabanana11 said:

what tracks do we know on the album? is the full tracklist discovered ?

1. the grants
2. title track
3. sweet
4. american whore / a&w [a&w was the title printed on the vinyl, but insiders & jack have referred to it as american whore]

we also know the credits for all the tracks which is why we know that track 5 is the sermon interlude, track 15 is the tommy genesis feature, etc

edit: we also know that fingertips & the "rockefeller" track will be on the album but we don't know what tracks they are (or what the real title of "rockefeller" is)

Edited by the ocean

my only possible issue with a pastor's sermon is just that protestantism (especially megachurches) is very pseudo-religious self-interpreted philosophical manifest destiny stuff that tries too hard to be hip & will probably be eye-rolling. but it will probably also be more compelling for secular folks bc it will probably rely less on actual biblical teachings & more on absract self-reflection & personal growth. but it would also make sense why lana would want to include something like that on her record bc it will probably be a lot more universally relatable & spiritual than religious. but i realy think we should wait to hear it before deciding it is some sort of cruel condemnation, not bc "criticizing lana is wrong" or whatever, but bc we genuinely do not know what it will be about & how it will tie into the rest of the record.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

have we thought about the possibility that its just judah singing gospel music:dua:

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

1. the grants
2. title track
3. sweet
4. american whore / a&w [a&w was the title printed on the vinyl, but insiders & jack have referred it as american whore]

we also know the credits for all the tracks which is why we know that track 5 is the sermon interlude, track 15 is the tommy genesis feature, etc

you forgot fingertips!

13 hours ago, Pale Fire said:

Wait wtf this is our first album without any Rick Nowels production omg 

yeah, this might be the start of a new (album) era,

but the end of another...:poordat:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

my serotonin levels are dropping again because yesterday was such a high and now I'm realizing we won't be hearing this album till march. I feel like she will maybe do one more single in the next month or two? 

But truly didnt yesterday feel like a dream? THOSE VISUALS. top in her career in my opinion. I was just getting used to picsart.