Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

11 minutes ago, Jaeden xx said:

I thought DYKTATUOB and Fingertips were scrapped from Blue Banisters or am I misremembering 

Also what do we think the Rockefeller title is now...

they were recorded at the end of 2021, or at least the demos were. considering the fact that lana always works on multiple albums at the same time, or at the very least one immediately after the other, it’s not really fair to call them “scraps” from Blue Banisters. the person who was selling Ocean Blvd and Fingertips in September probably only called them Blue Banisters outtakes because they were recorded very close to when other songs on Blue Banisters were as well, but that’s not uncommon for lana at all

1 hour ago, lilac heaven said:

• the song title of the Rockefeller snippet has been hidden in plain sight all this time, but nobody has guessed correctly. he said that we already have the title for that song and to “look smarter, not harder” to find it

hope it's not called "Rockefeller, my umbrella
God, I love you, baby" haha it could be storyteller also

12 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

do you guys think this record will include a cover?

if so I do hope its Harry Nilsson, he has some lovely songs and it would be very on theme with the title track !

I didn’t see any lyrics that weren’t Lana’s in the writing credits, so I doubt there’s a cover on this album.

I absolutely adore that the W magazine photoshoot matches the visuals of this album :flutter:

I wonder if the title track was always meant to be the lead single or if the initial plan was to have a song that was going to be more 🌊, since it was rumoured to be out some time last summer 

three months feels super long right now, although I must remind myself that things will happen in the meantime. 

I wonder if she’ll reveal the tracklist a song at a time or all at once… maybe they’re waiting as long as possible to avoid possible leaks (it’s sure is easier to look up for songs when you know its title)

first time posting in pre-release!

i love the title track sm! i think boz described it pretty accurately- love the orchestra, the strings, even traces of jack's production aren't too distracting :thumb2:

to me, this song is about breaking up, fading fame and death at the same time. and the way she DID reference harry nilsson, not even just by the don't forget me part!!! i only got into his music this year and pussy cats, the album don't forget me is on, is def one of my favorites. love when my and lana's tastes unexpectedly meet.

DYKTTATUOB sounds like a continuation of BB, esp IYLDWM (the opening piano reminds me of the most), develoing into something more open and emotional and well, new. so excited to finally start a proper new era after the fever dream that COCC was and the mess of BB :heart:

3 hours ago, sansafuckingstark said:

I have very good vibes about this album but I’ll admit BOZ’s comment about a lot of the songs being about her family scares me a bit.

I just hope she won’t name drop the people in her life. I prefer songs which I can apply to my own life (although I do love Sweet Carolina).

Did he actually say this? 
Lol I’m logged out of this thread then- BB was a step in the right direction for me-nothing about her family life in LA is very interesting-she’s happy, healthy-her family are beautiful. 

I doubt she’s going to talk about any family secrets so I wonder what she has to speak about.

2 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

this is everything i can remember in this moment, i’m probably forgetting some stuff though

• like you said, the album has 14 songs and 2 interludes. the pastor interlude is a recording of his sermon

• the track that SYML is credited on is an interpolation of his song “I Wanted to Leave”, which is an instrumental piano piece

• the album has many long songs that are very wordy

• track 4, “a&w” was originally called “American Whore”. BOZ said “a&w” makes no sense as a title, and if she wanted to abbreviate it like that it should’ve been “aw&j”

• the song title of the Rockefeller snippet has been hidden in plain sight all this time, but nobody has guessed correctly. he said that we already have the title for that song and to “look smarter, not harder” to find it

• the album doesn’t have any outtakes on the track listing from previous albums’ sessions. all songs were recorded late 2021-early 2022

• it doesn’t sound like UV, Honeymoon, or Lust for Life, and in his opinion is a lot better than the 2021 albums by a landslide. it’s his third favorite lana album after UV and NFR

• the pastor’s interlude “isn’t his thing” whatever that means and he doesn’t want to talk about it 😬

there’s more too, i’ll probably edit this message with more information as i remember other things 

I’m not a big fan of a&w as a title. Like we know we’re buying a Lana album, no need to tone it down, we know it’s about American whore. 
im intrigued now by what the « j » means if BoZ thinks it should have been called aw&j