Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

9 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

i’m really excited so see the tracklist 

it is so strange she didn’t reveal it along the cover art 

I think she wanted to hide the tracklist to prevent leaks. Her pc was stolen after all :awkney:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

Some promo for the era has begun with billboards for the latest single being displayed in NYC, Toronto, and London! x

A26-D70-DE-B3-F4-4-A7-A-92-A0-F188534-EC18-B 826028-AB-9-A2-C-4356-8130-5-D4-E773-C7-DF5 08-A42686-CE24-42-D0-AE60-EC615-B356-B4-B

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Wow, these billboards are really amazing!

I know it may not seem like a big deal, but I’d love to live in a city like these. One morning I wake up, go out in the streets, and all of a sudden I see a huge Lana face in front of me :defeated: the dream 

I don't know how representative is the title track of the whole album but it's funny how she said in the W Magazine

Spoiler

"In Honeymoon, there were so many color references: “Sometimes I wake up in the morning to red, blue, and yellow skies. It’s so crazy I could drink it like tequila sunrise.” For this new music, there’s none of that at all.

Yet she started the song painting the most beautiful and visual picture ever :krylie:

giphy.gif

47 minutes ago, TextBook said:

“I just hope it’s not some Grant family party […] we won’t really care about”

Once again, she makes albums for herself. She doesn’t have to please her fans in her songs. :awkney: 

I completely understand that her albums are hers. But I love to get lost in her songs, when they mirror my own life in some way

not that it always should, which is totally normal and fine, and it’s bound to happen at some point, that I won’t always relate to the story of a song. 
if The Grants is very specific, I hope the production is grand and lush, so I can still love it even if I don’t relate to the lyrics, like Art Deco and Carmen in her first records. I’ve mentioned it before, but this is what was tricky about both BB and COCC: stripped down production songs that I don’t relate to ate very hard to love (the songs that are too oriented towards celebrity and motherhood, like Dance Til We Die or Sweet Carolina, are the ones I listen to the least)

have you noticed how her past albums, until BB, she shot the cover outside and, when she started talking about her family trauma, the cover started to be shot around the house?

the house simbolizes comfort, safe zone but with Lana, attending to her family relationship history, it simbolizes hurt. I think it will be a very vulnerable album because she used to stay outside to not deal with that problems (BTD to Chemtrails - the covers are shot outside), and now she’s revealing her heart and addressing the things she before couldn’t - her family trauma (BB - she is on the house porch, Ocean Blvd - she’s inside)

0YnL0Kf.gif

Just now, gsnlp said:

have you noticed how her past albums, until BB, she shot the cover outside and, when she started talking about her family trauma, the cover started to be shot around the house?

the house simbolizes comfort, safe zone but with Lana, attending to her family relationship history, it simbolizes hurt. I think it will be a very vulnerable album because she used to stay outside to not deal with that problems (BTD to Chemtrails - the covers are shot outside), and now she’s revealing her heart and addressing the things she before couldn’t - her family trauma (BB - she is on the house porch, Ocean Blvd - she’s inside)

:wowcry: woah this is so true! Intentional or not, it makes a lot of sense. Bravo for pointing that out :gclap:

I can't believe we still don't have the full tracklist and song lengths... i guess i better download tor browser 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, 111 said:

:ma:

hey king do you know the track lengths at least? we're desperate  :trisha:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

good morning I just had a dream that we found out there was actually 4 interludes and they were between 4 and 6 seconds long :air: we were so pissed lmao

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

The Grants 

we-are-family-sister-sledge.gif

Did You Know That There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd

939b8fc0124bdc33948fb12dfbcc51bb.gif

Sweet:

nice-cat.gif

A&W (American Whore):

57877f81add1dc73f1ef5a9d425eb4d2.gif

NVbtql.gif

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 hour ago, TextBook said:

“I just hope it’s not some Grant family party […] we won’t really care about”

Once again, she makes albums for herself. She doesn’t have to please her fans in her songs. :awkney: 

Some people want art . There is nothing wrong with that . Bringing your family issues all the time on the table can get tiresome . No one said she has to please the fans . The user you quoted said he/she hopes it’s not some Gant family party and that’s extra fine . We don’t have to please everyone with our opinions . I wish people would keep an open mind and keep their claws to themselves. And no I’m not attacking you, it’s just that there is so much negativity between the ldr fans the last couple of days . And it’s sad . Art should bring people together .

8 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

good morning I just had a dream that we found out there was actually 4 interludes and they were between 4 and 6 seconds long :air: we were so pissed lmao

but then we got a 13 minute magnum opus titled "Sweet," so we raged for two seconds and made up :wowcry:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Boz said it's her most confessional album and very vulnerable, I don't think it's just going to just be a singalong to celebrate her family and friends. If the title track is any indication, she's going to be getting into some heavy territory.

Just now, DCooper said:

Boz said it's her most confessional album and very vulnerable, I don't think it's just going to just be a singalong to celebrate her family and friends. If the title track is any indication, she's going to be getting into some heavy territory.

The Blue Banisters title track really triggered some people, huh

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.