Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

7 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

i am really, really, really enamoured with the title track and my god i’m relieved to be saying that. honestly no shade to the last two eras at all (well maybe some slight shade to COCC since that’s my least fav album lol) because i really really liked blue banisters but i did have this secret worry that i was gonna listen to the title track, like it just fine enough but then never really have a desire to go back to it because it just blended into all the lana music that came out in the past 2ish years and it just didn’t hit the spot but that’s not the case, there is some real undeniable magic to the track and i find myself thinking about it a lot :wub: although it’s in the same vein as something from BB, it’s such a well crafted song that it doesn’t feel homogenised or samey to me. the instrumentation, the INCREDIBLE back up singers (i wish i could personally write to each one of those ladies and thank them for the way they absolutely elevated this track, because WOW, wow wow wow, wowowowow, WOW), the lyrics that seem to reveal more and more of their meaning with each listen, the ups and downs in lana’s voice, the addictive catchiness of “when’s it gonna be my turn? don’t forget me!”, how it starts off with a relaxed exhale but ends up as this gorgeous singalong…. i really love it, it sparks something inside me similar to what The Greatest does. i have such high hopes for this record now, i really really do :trisha:

Ma’am, what will you be having? 

2 hours ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

imagine if cocc and bb didn't exist and this was her first release after nfr. the meltdown of the century...

Most of the people in this thread would have died of dehydration at this point. :rip:

33 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Can we just appreciate the new era without having to trash everything up to this point? :wtf3:

Seriously

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Fun fact:

Spoiler

Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd.?

12 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

I just noticed Sweet is marked as explicit :dua:

i was thinking on how at first sos by sza had like 7 songs marked explicit and then when released on spotify pretty much all the songs were marked as explicit and had cursing in it so I’m hoping it happens the same to ocean blvd

and also for giving me Margaret

If she tours for this album, do you think she’ll bring her background singers w her?? I figured it might help her feel more comfortable if they serve as a distraction same as her dancers. But the mixing at her live shows is utterly HORRENDOUS. I’d be worried we wouldn’t be able to hear Lana over them :rip:

UbsOye5.png

38 minutes ago, kaliuchis said:

Fun fact:

Hide contents

i was thinking on how at first sos by sza had like 7 songs marked explicit and then when released on spotify pretty much all the songs were marked as explicit and had cursing in it so I’m hoping it happens the same to ocean blvd

not to mention DBJAG wasn’t marked as explicit til post-release :lolliney:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

I want to say this track is an experience. Its so beautiful and is magical. The melancholy vibe, her stellar vocals (god i missed her lower register) feels like a return to her older albums. Her tone is absolutely gorgeous and the backup singers added so much to the already heavenly song.

It can be featured on any vintage sad gay movie.

The Neil comment suggested that the album feels like the sea? The DNC was a wave logo too.

Tbh the track does feel like you're walking into the ocean and voluntarily drowning yourself as the waves crash down.

27 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

I want to say this track is an experience. Its so beautiful and is magical. The melancholy vibe, her stellar vocals (god i missed her lower register) feels like a return to her older albums. Her tone is absolutely gorgeous and the backup singers added so much to the already heavenly song.

It can be featured on any vintage sad gay movie.

The Neil comment suggested that the album feels like the sea? The DNC was a wave logo too.

Tbh the track does feel like you're walking into the ocean and voluntarily drowning yourself as the waves crash down.

Yeah, I see this as being somewhat of a sister album to Norman. Norman's ocean aesthetic is much more influenced by Grease, Mazzy Star, all of these images of crowded beaches, happy days, and long drives down the coast. Ocean Blvd's imagery is much more like being by the ocean on a cloudy day, alone, contemplating about the weight of the world and your own familial baggage that made you who you are today. Much more oriented towards classic films, philosophy, poetry, memory, and listening to the crashes of the waves coming down as you think about your karmic lineage. Kind of like her poem, Patent Leather Do-Over, which I am devastated I won't be able to get to read from Behind the Iron Gates.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

its late so possibly quiet but. some thoughts. 

- it's kinda nice to think that the track has 2 diff song references w it. nilsson's and the other prod. (?) ref, haven't checked either, but it'll be nice to later on. 
- the song's had a very real impact personally. it's so powerful. 
- i don't usually like feeling like i have to beg (i won't do it) but especially insider stuff, but from what it seems like the thread's mentioning is the church theme, and i'm kinda wondering if the cult flip'll be just what's been grasped. lana wearing the shirt for the single cover gives me american cult vibes, so if tunnel's the softest song, i'm already thinking about the possible guilty pleasure aspects the album might have. 

i'm glad that we're getting this record in march, i'm looking forward to getting a lyric video for the track. oddly enough, i think it'd be too on the nose if she filmed a video for this, and just feel like another mv might follow, w this track being cameo'd somehow. can't explain but that's what i feel. 

i hope we get a kind of album trailer, or at least some visuals during a music video credits scene from said mv. 

gorgeous miss, you've done it again!

excited for the next update 

UV/Honeymoon

6 hours ago, kaliuchis said:

Fun fact:

Hide contents

love song and the greatest wasn't marked as explicit until some time after release too