Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Track 14 has two writers other than Lana & Jack — Ann Tomberlin and Aljosha Frederick Konstanty. Konstanty is famous on YouTube for making weird ambient music mixes. Any idea who Ann Tomberlin is lol

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

6 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

I want to say this track is an experience. Its so beautiful and is magical. The melancholy vibe, her stellar vocals (god i missed her lower register) feels like a return to her older albums. Her tone is absolutely gorgeous and the backup singers added so much to the already heavenly song.

It can be featured on any vintage sad gay movie.

The Neil comment suggested that the album feels like the sea? The DNC was a wave logo too.

Tbh the track does feel like you're walking into the ocean and voluntarily drowning yourself as the waves crash down.

The Neil comment has me so excited :

🌊 Lana is the best. 
plus I just read yesterday that the song with the long acronym also has some marine imagery in the lyrics  (I guess production as well)- BoZ described the song a bit more last week. And then there’s the notorious DNC, if it’s still a thing.

9 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Track 14 has two writers other than Lana & Jack — Ann Tomberlin and Aljosha Frederick Konstanty. Konstanty is famous on YouTube for making weird ambient music mixes. Any idea who Ann Tomberlin is lol

isnt that her friend annie? or am i mistaken?

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

The last time she sings " Open me up , tell me you like it, fuck me to death,  love me until I love myself " (3:27-3:37) with those harmonies,  I could listen to that forever and ever and ever :flutter::wub::wowcry:

This really became one of my fave Lana songs in such a short time:flutter:

The intro feels like standing at the sea, you can feel a soft breeze on your skin & hair and you take a deep breath. The outro is like a big wave pulling you into ocean. Amazing :xcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

The last time she sings " Open me up , tell me you like it, fuck me to death,  love me until I love myself " (3:27-3:37)

for me its those strings at (3:12) after the "but I cant" :icant: she seems so upset but something in the background keeps pushing her, I really wasnt expecting this song to hit me this hard I cant stop listening to it!!!

SFP2h.gif

I can recommend to listen to  If You Lie Down With Me  - Did You Know That There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd - Terrence Loves You :flutter:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

The way she sings “but I can’t”, gently, exhausted, almost with a forced half-smile. Like she knows better, deeper, than the man who is telling her she can thrive - and maybe she does. Her gift is thriving though.

I wonder what Neil meant by "drop some new work next week". Could he mean there's still more from the photoshoot? Cause they released a lot of stuff... 5 covers each with even more different pictures associated and the 2 single pictures :um2:

"Some new work" could just mean the Lana stuff as a whole since he works with other artists and also does his own thing but I like to dream :flutter:

I still think there's more to it... I find the 2 pictures from the single suspicious. Maybe they filmed a MV (or visuals for another song) or maybe it's just from a scrapped album photoshoot (even tho from Neil's words it seems like they were really determined to do the room photoshoot with the one take thing and all that...)

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Streams are dropping thx to the weekend i think.

Also I never knew Sza was that popular?? This is the first time in 6 or 7 months that someone had higher streams than Taylor

Yup. She’s really popular especially in the US. 

giphy.gif

It's kinda crazy when you think about that we knew about this song existence since September and thought it's a BB outtake & then it turned out it's not a BB outtake, it's the title track for her upcoming album and we got it as a single and the song turned out to be amazing :oprah2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

1 hour ago, Elle said:

I just wanted to share with you all a really formative & impactful moment I had tonight with the title track from this record.

My wifey and I went out to our favourite bar that we frequent tonight until it closed at 3am, but we were still trying to keep the night going, so we hit up a friend of ours who works security at clubs to see where he was at tonight to let us in. He ordered us an Uber to meet him at his club for the night, and about 10 minutes into the drive while we were on the highway, there was a terrible accident a few cars ahead of us. We were stuck sitting there behind it as police cars and ambulances piled through, so my girl & I started chatting with the Uber driver about random stuff to pass time. I brought up Lana somehow (as I tend to do in every conversation) and the driver was like “Lana Del Rey? She’s so cool!” So ofc I asked him if he had heard her latest single yet and he said he hadn’t, so naturally, I played it on his aux & sang along to every word. Afterwards he said, “she killed that!” so I played a couple more of my favourite meaningful Lana songs for him such as Hope, California, 13 Beaches, Heroin, etc. The minutes kept passing and we began to sober up, and all of Lana’s lyricism got us in the mood to have some really deep conversations. The three of us ended up being stuck in that same spot on the road for nearly two hours as the accident was being dealt with, and during that time the three of us all talked together about the most intimate details of ourselves - our beliefs in afterlives/reincarnation, hopes & plans for the future, hallucinatory experiences, insecurities, darkest moments in our lives, happiest times, inner passions, family history, etc etc. Finally after almost two hours of no movement on that road, they eventually opened the lanes to get everyone off the road so they could close the entire highway, but by that time it was 4:45am and we decided to just head home instead of going to the club that would be closing in 15 minutes anyway. As we were only a couple minutes from our residence, I was like, “you know what, this calls for a full circle moment” and I played Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd once again. As we drove home in the final moments after all that we had just spoken about together, the three of us all sang along, even our driver to the chorus, us all shouting “DON’T FORGET ME” like it was the most important sentence we would ever say, hands in the air full on gospel-style (with our driver still keeping one hand on the wheel of course), as we reflected and relished in the final moments of the special time the three of us as two lovers and a stranger had just shared together. As the song began to fade out, he pulled into the driveway. We all exchanged hugs, and I told him that I would never forget him - and I meant it. He said he’ll always think of us when he listens to that song now, and I absolutely will always think of him & this moment too.

Who knew that a two-hour traffic jam in the middle of the highway on the way to a club on a Saturday night would lead to one of the most meaningful and memorable experiences I had this year, perhaps even in all my years. I’ll never forget this moment - or our driver John, shout-out to him.

I can’t wait for other memorable moments that I’m yet to experience with other tracks from the record, as there’s so many songs across Lana’s discography that I have such special ties too. However, this one is marking near the top of my list.

Anyway, it’s 7:30am now so I’m getting ready to go off to sleep. See you all tomorrow. Love u xx

elle this is such a beautiful story. i think it’s such a testament to the power and soul behind lana’s music that it can spark such varied discussions. her music is so thoughtful and it speaks to people in so many ways. i made many of my friends through a mutual love of lana’s music because we felt like we could understand each other on a deeper level because of it. this post literally gave me chills 😭 i’m so so happy you got to have such a magical unforgettable experience connected to such an incredible song! :crying4: