Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

14 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

the tastelessness:eek3:  just keep listening to tunnelsong it'll grow on you more than arc*dia

arcadia touches my heart. and the tunnel song touches your heart. this diversity is great. I'm glad you love this song. for me there is this great ultraviolence remix that I like very much.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

46 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

i don't agree but i would be interested to hear people's takes on why ocean blvd hits so hard and arcadia didn't (for me, at least) or vice versa. they do have a LOT in common sonically and vibe wise imo, esp as first singles...i haven't yet figured out why arcadia impacted me so much less than ocean blvd other than a) the extremely intimate lyrics of OB and b) the fact that "send me a hilton hotel" always sounds like the jingle for hilton hotels when i hear it (even tho i think actually think the sentiment behind the line is lovely and relatable)

I also prefer, greatly, 'Arcadia,' but: 

'OB' is a completely different animal from 'Arcadia.'

'OB' expresses universal feelings of sadness, loneliness, isolation, and loss, whereas 'Arcadia' is an almost purely personal statement, especially towards the end, when she speaks about the way she's been treated, and why she's leaving. 'Arcadia' is many times more positive and self confident, otherwise she wouldn't be describing her body in that manner. I do wish she had said 'breasts' instead of 'chest.' 

2 minutes ago, blackestday89 said:

arcadia touches my heart. and the tunnel song touches your heart. this diversity is great. I'm glad you love this song. for me there is this great ultraviolence remix that I like very much.

I'm with you. There's no reason to call another's opinion 'tasteless.'  

Love love love ocean blvd. I listened to it on repeat on my last flight home after a transfer at the chicago airport on wednesday. It was so gloomy and cold in chicago, but it's always sunny above the clouds. It was amazing listening ocean blvd as the plane broke through the rain and dark clouds and the sun was there right before it set. I don't think I've ever had a more beautiful first listen of a lana song, watching the sun set through the storm clouds on my flight back home

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

We have to get an album trailer. Every era since Paradise had one besides the two 2021 albums but their releases were on the lowkey side (specially BB) so it makes sense to get one this time that the rollout seems well planned :true:

She'll release it next year and will feature the title track, the new single and another song :creepna2:

im all for a trailer featuring tunnel, fingertips and rockefeller 

and also for giving me Margaret

For me Ocean sounds like a song that was worked on much longer than Arcadia. There’s something very full and finalized about it. It’s a story and a completed concept. It introduces you to the tunnel, what it looks like, is used as a metaphor to Lana herself and then ends by repeating “don’t forget me, at the tunnel under ocean Blvd” referring to herself as a soon to be forgotten relic of the past. Her songwriting is extremely confident and the production is considerate to every note and word. The song is like a finished painting, a painting is complete when all of its layers have been built up around an ideal composition. Arcadia is a beautiful song but it’s quite hollow and flat. The melody isn’t very catchy and the chorus feels quite cold. To me, Arcadia is a rough draft of Lana’s feelings and it’s almost like she wasn’t able to get out exactly what she wanted to in the way she needed to. Ocean is that moment. It’s where she’s finally able to put her true feelings into words by using this metaphor.  And to me it’s more relatable for the listener than “my body is a map of LA Hilton hotel cross on a hill” compared to “When’s it gunna be my turn, love me until I love myself” or even the idea of having your moment in life, and being afraid you’ll be forgotten. 

faSE.gif

To me, LDR9 doesn't look like a break or change from the previous era, but more like a continuation or deepening. She's still or better said even more clearly the "sad girl" on the cover (which is also a music genre of its own), "the Grants" will probably dive even further into the family history and also with the producers not much has changed, except that we now have Jack back. As before, an ex-boyfriend is involved in the production, really only the various collabs are new now. I think she'll try to express more strongly with the album what didn't come across clearly or distinctly enough with the album before.

2 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

To me, LDR9 doesn't look like a break or change from the previous era, but more like a continuation or deepening. She's still or better said even more clearly the "sad girl" on the cover (which is also a music genre of its own), "the Grants" will probably dive even further into the family history and also with the producers not much has changed, except that we now have Jack back. As before, an ex-boyfriend is involved in the production, really only the various collabs are new now. I think she'll try to express more strongly with the album what didn't come across clearly or distinctly enough with the album before.

in a way i feel all her albums are not quite a break or departure from the previous but a natural progression where she refines previous themes/sounds while also introducing new ones.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif