Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I personally think DragonWhore is being truthful, they've been right about multiple things and have been consistent in how they described the album since the beginning. Fake insiders want way more attention than they do.

Almost 80 minutes is so exciting :lange:

20 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think all the “features” on this album are going to be more like background contributions. If FJM is just backing vocals, SYML is just a piano sample, and part of Judah Smith’s sermon appears at the end of a song, then I’m guessing (1) Jack does backing vocals on one of the songs he produced (like Seth Kauffman’s vocals on Brooklyn Baby); (2) Jon Batiste’s contribution is co-writing + backing vocals (or maybe a verse, but it seems unlikely given FJM’s minimal airtime); and (3) Tommy Genesis contributes something small, as BoZ referred to it as a “collab” with quotation marks, suggesting it’s not exactly a traditional feature (maybe a sample).

I think you're right! 

Here's what Lana said about the "features" on her album:

“(…) For helping me meet Jon Batiste after we missed each other four times, because I rarely have new friends sit at my old piano. (…) Tommy Genesis for being full of fire and a huge inspiration to me allll the time. Riopy and AK and SYML for lending me your subtle piano compositions that are infused with melodies I only wish I could dream up. You’ve contributed so much thank you so much for your generosity. Judah and Chelsea Smith for giving me good guidance even when they don’t know they’re giving guidance and for letting me record a part of his sermon for this record. Father John Misty for singing with me and letting me continue to revel in his literal comic genius.” 

Jon Batiste - only writing credits by the sound of it. 

Tommy Genesis - a sample at best I guess?

Riopy & Konstanty - not even mentioned as features on the cover, so their contribution must be minimal.

SYML - a sample (confirmed).

Judah Smith - the recording of a part of his sermon.

Bleachers - no mention at all, but she does thank Jack for his production and writing skills in the next paragraph.

Father John Misty - the only one who seems to have actually sung with her, and now it's confirmed that he's been Snowonthebeach'd. 

I can't do math but from what DW says, we know a few songs are around 5 minutes long and the rest are all very different, so there could be songs ranging from 2/3 minutes to 7/8 minutes. Watch Sweet be 8 minutes long :trisha:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

4 minutes ago, DragonWhore said:

Not a bother, especially since you don't throw hate my way like others here. 

I do not think this album is anything like LFL. Not sure where that thought comes from to be honest. Like I've said before (even before the title track was released), expect lots of strings to the ode of Honeymoon, and nautical Northern California vibes. Lust for Life is not like that. It's Honeymoon meets Ultraviolence in lyricism and sound. 

do you think there are any easily digestible songs for the GP? with drum percussion or something

6 minutes ago, salvatorelovesyou said:

That for some reason makes me think of the Cult Leader jacket Lana wore a couple of months ago. 
:toofunny:

SZ3HpVu.jpg

:oprah4:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

7 minutes ago, DragonWhore said:

Not a bother, especially since you don't throw hate my way like others here. 

I do not think this album is anything like LFL. Not sure where that thought comes from to be honest. Like I've said before (even before the title track was released), expect lots of strings to the ode of Honeymoon, and nautical Northern California vibes. Lust for Life is not like that. It's Honeymoon meets Ultraviolence in lyricism and sound. 

Do you know if another single is planned? The title track seems more like an intro to the era than a proper lead to me for some reason

2 minutes ago, Trrrrrr said:

dear is the title track your top 10 in the album?

I love it! But it's #7 on the album for me. There's so many amazing songs on this album it's hard to put into words. Why is why I've said multiple times that u'll all pass out.

5 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

Could you give us a hint about Track 3 (Sweet)? Is it Beautiful redux?

Do u remember a certain ''Rock Candy Sweet''? Nothing like ''Beautiful.'' Nothing on DYKTTATUOB is. 

4 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I don’t wanna push it @DragonWhore but I have one more question: is American Whore as crazy as Jack Antonoff and BOZ hinted? Is it that unprecedented for Lana?

Thank you for answering my last question, I swear this is the last one.

I don't think it's ''unprecedented'' for her, but more of a welcome return to previous songs. Crazy, yes-  but stunning.