Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

82 days girlies and gays!!!!!!!!:trisha:
(yes Imma do this everyday, sry if anyone thinks I'm annoying!<3)

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

49 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

People have been saying that every album is Lana's last album and a "goodbye" for years now :eyeroll2: And every time she releases another album a year or two later

I don’t think she’ll ever retire tbh and since she did not corner herself into a « singer that talks lots about sex » (like many pop girls do and that gets old real fast over time) and since she loves many different genres, she could go on for as much as she wants tbh. However, if she ever has children, the pace of her albums could slow down. Same if / when she tours again. Or if she embraces her poetry even more. 
i must say though that I’m very surprised that both BB and DYKTTATUOB have been released so fast: I really thought she needed a break after that Annie Mac interview the day the COCC title track was released. 

So the concept of the album is her bedroom, with which Lana tries to make the relationship with her listeners even more intimate.  She asks direct questions, is half naked, shows her breasts (even if only as a drawing). Many of her selfies from this year now make more sense. Even her private Honeymoon account established a more intimate relationship with her fans, so maybe that already served as preparation for the new album.

14 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

So the concept of the album is her bedroom, with which Lana tries to make the relationship with her listeners even more intimate.  She asks direct questions, is half naked, shows her breasts (even if only as a drawing). Many of her selfies from this year now make more sense. Even her private Honeymoon account established a more intimate relationship with her fans, so maybe that already served as preparation for the new album.

Wow this is actually an amazing album concept and I’m living for the theory behind this idea :oprah:

21 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Yup, the album is very much giving undertones of deep sensuality, existential longing, and vulnerability with the bedroom as its central location that is a psychic representation of her inner most thoughts

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I was also struck by Neil's description of the shoot:

"These photographs are a collection of scenes made in personal spaces where time ceased, and the muse arrived to guide the work"

This reminded me of Lana's process of automated songwriting to craft this album; searching for a timeless experience of aesthetic creation that lays outside of our consciousness. She's searching underneath the surface to reach her unconscious most vulnerable and authentic thoughts on this album

"We kept it analog, finite, and threw caution to the wind, with our approach of getting everything in one take" -> a culmination of everything she''s been trying to do since "Pretty When You Cry," "Black Bathing Suit," "Yosemite," and "White Dress."

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Aesthetically this is the best since Ultraviolence. The imagery and visuals are stunning! Everything works :oprah:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I feel like around the album release they're going to release the Jon Baptiste collab with a proper video :smokes:

The title track was just meant to push the sales for the gorgeous variants but it's not a real lead single (if that still exists) :eartha2:

I think we will get music videos for this era because I think she probably has a contract to make 3 music videos for each album. I mean for no reason she made 2 Arcadia music videos. But I think homemade videos count to so I think we will get those, but like imagine a Honeymoon title track style music videos😭

The title track was a gift for the holidays

I'm sure we'll get some sort of visuals for the next track in the new year

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

this thread is HOT! again I thought we got more news or even just a crumb from boz :defeated:

Just our usual ramblings and delusions of grandeur :eartha:

35 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Aesthetically this is the best since Ultraviolence. The imagery and visuals are stunning! Everything works :oprah:

In fact it’s like we’re encountering that girl from the UV cover almost 10 years later and she’s inviting us to her bedroom to whisper her secrets to us. It feels very full-circle in a way :legend:

IMG-7960.jpg

Every night I thank God we don't have outtakes on LDR9. Always when she uses outtakes or just remasters - and it's out of tune with the rest of the album - or re-records - and loses all the essence it originally had.
Better to have spaces for new songs. 

26 minutes ago, terrenceszyou said:

Every night I thank God we don't have outtakes on LDR9. Always when she uses outtakes or just remasters - and it's out of tune with the rest of the album - or re-records - and loses all the essence it originally had.
Better to have spaces for new songs. 

Exactly. And that is why blue banisters is her worst album.