Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

30 minutes ago, blackestday89 said:

tunnel song doesn't make me look forward to the album. I really hope that the album will sound different.

Manifesting A crazy for you / california(2015)sound. And a rework of sugary sweet

I agree so much. I've played the three new leaks about 100 times each, but OB about 15. It just doesn't speak to me, and I hope it doesn't reflect the new record. I am glad so many like it though. 

37 minutes ago, blackestday89 said:

tunnel song doesn't make me look forward to the album. I really hope that the album will sound different.

Manifesting A crazy for you / california(2015)sound. And a rework of sugary sweet

We truly have different tastes :blush3:. No disrespect at all, everyone is untitled to their opinion. But, to me, the title track is so rich, so grand, so touching… Crazy for You and California didn’t excite me very much when I heard their snippet and, well, I don’t enjoy them that much :true: (they sound too demo-ish, and the lyrics are a bit meh. Dragon Slayer is already 10 times better to me). 
again, this is not disrespect to you at all, and I hope you will find something in the new album that you will love :kiss:

14 hours ago, Big Star said:

lemme revive this thread... many things this reader said came true let's dive in! :oprah3:

yeah let’s dive in…

- The theme won’t be happy, it will be personal and reflect her past year, aswell as something from the past. Won’t be as sad but for sure it will be thought provoking.” this album definitely seems to be very reflective. ocean blvd was already thought provoking, i mean the title literally asks a question and it’s filled with metaphors about being forgotten. with the title ‘the grants’ that’s obviously going to be reflecting upon her family. it’s not necessarily sad like uv. 

- (about what albums sound similar to this one) The Pentacles represent the Earth element, and the zodiacs signs of Capricorn, Taurus, and Virgo. The only Lana albums released during an earth sign zodiac period are Norman and Honeymoon! I’m thinking the Page of Pent. card symbolizes the early stages of Lana, and the Knight of Pent. symbolizes a more mature Lana, with both of these mixed in the 3 of Pent. card. It could be about something new, like a new sound, but comforting and familiar sound for the album.” this single sounded pretty similar to something on nfr. but the whole album will likely have a new elements, and there’s going to be experimentation on some tracks. it’s familiar but it’s not a “2.0” of any of her other albums. 

- (about how fans will feel about the album) “Wow such powerful cards. The 5 of Wands card tells me there will be some chaos amongst the fans, very divided. The album will be a new sound, unlike anything before, most fans will think it’s her best while others will think nothing special of it.” with the tommy genesis collab, the priest interlude, the title american whore…there’s already some division. 

- “For the whole album we’ll have to wait until next year, not later than end of April. But we will be getting SOMETHING (like a surprise or cover) this year.” album out march and single + vinyl variants out december this year. 

- “The lyrics will be very honest and heartfelt, but with a touch of mysticism and heavy symbolism.” the tunnel under ocean boulevard was heavy symbolism clearly. the lyrics are honest and i expect the rest of the album to be honest and cutting. 

- “Atleast 2 collabs, one man, one woman. One of them will be very liked, other not so much. No covers on the album.” we got 6 collabs, i’m sure one will be disliked by most people in particular. 

- (about whether taylor will be on it) “Not Taylor, but some other female will be on it.” tommy genesis lol. 

- (about the genre/sound) “Something familiar but also new/experimental. Won’t be similar to Chemtrails and BB.” as insiders have said this album isn’t like cocc/bb. as said earlier this isn’t gonna be a fully new sound but obviously there’s new elements and experimentation. 

- “We might get a new song before the new year starts and album end of spring.” beginning of spring but yes. 

- (about jack antonoff) “He will have some influence on the album, but he won’t be the only one. Someone she worked with in the past has produced most songs” mhmm

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

16 hours ago, Big Star said:

lemme revive this thread... many things this reader said came true let's dive in! :oprah3:

I did something similar but a track by track type of deal. I just got scared to post it and seem too delusional :creepna:

1 minute ago, honeymoonwhore said:

I did something similar but a track by track type of deal. I just got scared to post it and seem too delusional :creepna:

post it, we’re all delusional here 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

2 hours ago, blackestday89 said:

It’s 2023 so I’m manifesting a sound that isn’t 8 years old and is something we haven’t heard before with no reworks of anything. We’re moving on.  :true:

faSE.gif

2 hours ago, blackestday89 said:

yeah the song doesn’t have much replay value, it’s nice but gets kinda boring quick… still not as horrible as let me flop like a woman :oprah3:

11 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

yeah the song doesn’t have much replay value, it’s nice but gets kinda boring quick… still not as horrible as let me flop like a woman :oprah3:

bore me like a woman honestly😍

1 hour ago, honeymoonwhore said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YIkpc-OWx5NFJb9sVsSVMXxsUur-m9Ofqe2NSJaDcbk/edit?usp=share_link

let's take it with several grains of salt :toofloppy: but tbh I trust my ability to project using tarot

This is so cool! Thank you for sharing this! :heart:

2 hours ago, cherrytropico said:

yeah let’s dive in…

- The theme won’t be happy, it will be personal and reflect her past year, aswell as something from the past. Won’t be as sad but for sure it will be thought provoking.” this album definitely seems to be very reflective. ocean blvd was already thought provoking, i mean the title literally asks a question and it’s filled with metaphors about being forgotten. with the title ‘the grants’ that’s obviously going to be reflecting upon her family. it’s not necessarily sad like uv. 

- (about what albums sound similar to this one) The Pentacles represent the Earth element, and the zodiacs signs of Capricorn, Taurus, and Virgo. The only Lana albums released during an earth sign zodiac period are Norman and Honeymoon! I’m thinking the Page of Pent. card symbolizes the early stages of Lana, and the Knight of Pent. symbolizes a more mature Lana, with both of these mixed in the 3 of Pent. card. It could be about something new, like a new sound, but comforting and familiar sound for the album.” this single sounded pretty similar to something on nfr. but the whole album will likely have a new elements, and there’s going to be experimentation on some tracks. it’s familiar but it’s not a “2.0” of any of her other albums. 

- (about how fans will feel about the album) “Wow such powerful cards. The 5 of Wands card tells me there will be some chaos amongst the fans, very divided. The album will be a new sound, unlike anything before, most fans will think it’s her best while others will think nothing special of it.” with the tommy genesis collab, the priest interlude, the title american whore…there’s already some division. 

- “For the whole album we’ll have to wait until next year, not later than end of April. But we will be getting SOMETHING (like a surprise or cover) this year.” album out march and single + vinyl variants out december this year. 

- “The lyrics will be very honest and heartfelt, but with a touch of mysticism and heavy symbolism.” the tunnel under ocean boulevard was heavy symbolism clearly. the lyrics are honest and i expect the rest of the album to be honest and cutting. 

- “Atleast 2 collabs, one man, one woman. One of them will be very liked, other not so much. No covers on the album.” we got 6 collabs, i’m sure one will be disliked by most people in particular. 

- (about whether taylor will be on it) “Not Taylor, but some other female will be on it.” tommy genesis lol. 

- (about the genre/sound) “Something familiar but also new/experimental. Won’t be similar to Chemtrails and BB.” as insiders have said this album isn’t like cocc/bb. as said earlier this isn’t gonna be a fully new sound but obviously there’s new elements and experimentation. 

- “We might get a new song before the new year starts and album end of spring.” beginning of spring but yes. 

- (about jack antonoff) “He will have some influence on the album, but he won’t be the only one. Someone she worked with in the past has produced most songs” mhmm

It's crazy for you how accurate this was :wowcry:

2 hours ago, cherrytropico said:

yeah let’s dive in…

:biblio:  girl…