Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Imagine if near the end of the album Lana returns to the tunnel under Ocean Blvd in another song and has it opened and filled with art and life again, ensuring that it will never be forgotten just like her :wub:

Here's an updated summary with possible track titles and possible lyrics. I updated the blurred tracklist and Grandfather title fits perfectly.

Tracklist:

Spoiler

1. The Grants  

2. Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd (4:45)

3. Sweet

4. A&W (7:00+) –(American Whore with Jack Antonoff)

5. [ft. Judah Smith] – Interlude 1
6. Candy Necklace (5:14) –(Rockefellar snippet at 0:56-1:04) 
[with Jon Batiste]

7. [with Jon Batiste] – Interlude 2

8. -

9. Fingertips (5:48) –(I couldn’t handle it snippet at 2:39-2:45)

10. [ft. SYML] (interpolation of I wanted to leave by SYML)

11. Grandfather, Please Stand on the Shoulders of My Father While He’s Deep Sea Fishing (contains sample from RIOPY-FLO)

12. -

13. [ft. Bleachers]

14. -  (contains sample from AK- Wanderlust)

15. [ft. Tommy Genesis] - sample from 2015

16. – (5:53) (contains sample from a previously-released LDR fan favorite)

Other

Spoiler

-Possible track title: Fishtails

-Possible track title: Kintsugi

-Possible track title: Burn Me Where You Belong

-Possible Track 15 title?: Peppers (source:last fm scrobbles) 

-PT is a song title acronym

-TWBTKYN could be another acronym

-There are 6 tracks over 5 minutes length

-Single version of "Did You Know..." is the album version.

-BOZ on Pastor Interlude:  "It kinda sets the unsettling eerie tone that makes pastors bullshit intriguing. But it's just something very random, you can hear Lana giggling and whispering while he's talking so she must have recorded it with her phone while being on the sermon."

-Kintsugi on American Whore: "This song starts as a raw, angry acoustic guitar based song And ends with a slutty trap beat"

-on Sweet: "Love song of the album"

-on his opinion about how the album will be received: "Critics tend to love cohesive albums, I wouldn't necessarily call it that. The record is quite wild and adventurous sonically, definitely unexpected. It's like a rollercoaster at some point, she's swinging between dark & berserk and vulnerable & fragile. And there's even more to that."

-Kintsugi's first post: Jimmy Jimmy Coco Puff

-Track 14 or Track 11 will be Cherry/Cinnamon Girl/TJF of the album

Possible Lyrics:

Spoiler

American Whore: 

This is the experience of being an American Whore.

Opening or closing line of the album:

I'm gonna take mind of you with me

Sweet:

Do you want children? Do you want to marry me?

If you want someone, Then just call me, And remember that I'll be, Sweet and barefeet

Blurry Tracklist:

Writing Credits:

Spoiler

ldr9tracklist.jpg

GBUMs:

Spoiler

Track 1 (The Grants): GBUM72206762

Track 2 (Title track): GBUM72206756

Track 3 (Sweet): GBUM72206753

Track 4 (A&W): GBUM72206757

Track 5: GBUM72206973

Track 6 (Candy Necklace): GBUM72206759

Track 7: GBUM72206974

Track 8: GBUM72206758

Track 9 (Fingertips): GBUM72206772

Track 10: GBUM72206764

Track 11: GBUM72206763

Track 12: GBUM72206754

Track 13: GBUM72206760

Track 14: GBUM72206761

Track 15: GBUM72206770

Track 16: GBUM72206771

AhaMusic Links

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Grandfather, please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea fishing

Pretty much confirmed, just some possible changes ("Grandpa" instead of "grandfather" or "When" instead of "while", etc)

1 minute ago, cherrytropico said:

GPSOTSOMFWHDSF = Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father when he’s deep sea fishing

PLEASE LANA tell me you’re joking LMAOOO :eartha: Is it bad that I can see her naming a song that? I can kinda believe it lmao, but I don’t like it. :oic: Thanks, can’t wait to see that you’re right once the tracklist has been revealed. 

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 minute ago, Beautiful Loser said:

PLEASE LANA tell me you’re joking LMAOOO :eartha: Is it bad that I can see her naming a song that? I can kinda believe it lmao, but I don’t like it. :oic: Thanks, can’t wait to see that you’re right once the tracklist has been revealed. 

BOZ essentially confirmed it I think.. someone said the grandfather song (full title) will win SOTY at the Grammys and he replied saying “it deserves it” or something

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Just now, VioletBunny said:

BOZ essentially confirmed it I think.. someone said the grandfather song (full title) will win SOTY at the Grammys and he replied saying “it deserves it” or something

Cool. Do you know when this was? When he spilled all he info a few days ago in the other thread, the one about how Lana works on her albums? I’ve been too busy to catch up this past week.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

And the winner of song of the year is…Lana Del Rey Grandfather, Please Stand on the Shoulders of My Father While He’s Deep Sea Fishing from Did You Know That There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd. 

A whole ass paragraph 

Spoiler

im particularly intrigued on how A&W will scalate from accoustic angry guitar to trap and what will happen in the middle

and also for giving me Margaret

Just now, Beautiful Loser said:

Cool. Do you know when this was? When he spilled all he info a few days ago in the other thread, the one about how Lana works on her albums? I’ve been too busy to catch up this past week.

Just today, I think we only settled on it being that title today. Someone said it was posted recently, BOZ said he’d seen it ALMOST right (it was posted originally with a grammatical error, his instead of he’s), then we just decided it Must be this bc nothing else really fits. Kintsugi also said the first word was 👴 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

4 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Kintsugi is the art of repairing broken porcelain with gold, right? I can picture Lana being intrigued by that and make some connection to herself, like the tunnel.

Wait I love this, it's like an unintentional reference to Joanna Newsom's song Ribbon Bows:

There is a spring not far from here

The water runs both sweet and clear

Both sweet and clear and cold

Could crack your bones with veins of gold

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

1 minute ago, Beautiful Loser said:

It was earlier today :)

Wait, it could be "Grandfather/Grandpa, please stand OVER the shoulders of my father while/when he's deep sea fishing"

I like that better than "on his shoulders," even though I know she was being figurative with that

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, VioletBunny said:

Just today, I think we only settled on it being that title today. Someone said it was posted recently, BOZ said he’d seen it ALMOST right (it was posted originally with a grammatical error, his instead of he’s), then we just decided it Must be this bc nothing else really fits. Kintsugi also said the first word was 👴 

Thank you so much! :kiss3:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

3 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

And the winner of song of the year is…Lana Del Rey Grandfather, Please Stand on the Shoulders of My Father While He’s Deep Sea Fishing from Did You Know That There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd. 

A whole ass paragraph 

The moment in history that this would be :oprah:

Just now, Fingertips said:

It was earlier today :)

Wait, it could be "Grandfather/Grandpa, please stand OVER the shoulders of my father while/when he's deep sea fishing"

I like that better than "on his shoulders," even though I know she was being figurative with that

I'm sure she'll word it better and it's going to be gorgeous. I think that she wrote in on her own, since on the writing credits you can see there's only Lana and Riopy (unless he writes stuff too) so it's definitely a very poetic song :wub:

4 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

A whole ass paragraph 

Whoever gets to say it will have to rehearse and memorize the lines 1 month in advance :omfg2:

7 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

Wait I love this, it's like an unintentional reference to Joanna Newsom's song Ribbon Bows:

There is a spring not far from here

The water runs both sweet and clear

Both sweet and clear and cold

Could crack your bones with veins of gold

i would do several unspeakable things for lana to make an album in the same vein as ys or have one on me or even divers. i’ve been saying for years that i always thought lana would make a STELLAR cover of autumn