Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

If A&W is that good and interesting her label is probably pushing it as a pre release single. I doubt there's anything radio friendly or mainstream on the album so they'll go with the shock value of a crazy - in a good way - track :um2:

If she managed to release VB as a single A&W could be one too (unless she doesn't want to and has another song in mind)

giphy.gif

Don’t y’all notice the difference with Tunnel’s mixing?

Miles better than anything on BB. There’s actual attention to detail in the mixing.

1 minute ago, VioletBunny said:

I think seriously that you can’t listen to California and think the issue is the melody. It’s a gorgeous melody, gorgeous instruments, but the mixing is off. It feels like there’s a dampener on it that just stops it building. I can’t explain it but California in my eyes should’ve been her best song and unfortunately the production on it just ruins it. 

Wasn’t Cali mixed by Zach Dawes etc.?

Just now, Yeahyeahyeah said:

Miles better than anything on BB. There’s actual attention to detail in the mixing.

Yeah, Tunnel is crystal clear on any system I use to listen to music. Either BB was extremely rushed, or whoever mixed it needs to be terminated and never touch another Lana record again.

DON'T FORGET ME :oprah4:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Yeahyeahyeah said:

The Jack hate is the result of fans wanting to blame someone for Lana’s shift toward more lyrically ambitious and less reverb heavy/dream-pop music.

But the truth is Jack is a great producer, especially with Lana. His production can become redundant at times but not so much with Lana.

Drew on the other hand… something stinks! No but seriously I think their collaboration was the result of Jack having a crazy schedule and Lana needing to find someone quickly. I didn’t like his production on BB and whoever does the mixing for their tracks isn’t good kbye.

Jack has produced some great songs, some of my favourites in fact. For me the main issue is that Jack’s production can get a bit repetitive and slightly uninspired at times especially after NFR.  She’s been with him 3 albums and has some production credits on TUOB… I know he seems to have taken more a back seat on the new record, but I think it’s time she worked with entirely new people for LDR10 who can give her a completely fresh sound even more so than TUBO.  I honestly think BB and COCC would have been far better with different producers and more instrumentation.  Over use of basic piano production isn’t very inspired or as interesting. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 minutes ago, Yeahyeahyeah said:

Wasn’t Cali mixed by Zach Dawes etc.?

Laura Sisk I fear? Or if not then Leme move onto beating Zach Dawes ASS

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Anyways, I think "Fingertips," "Candy Necklace," and "Grandfather, please stand over my father's shoulders while he deep sea fishes" will be my Ocean Blvd trifecta. :true:

What are you predicting from the tracks we know so far?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Anyways, I think "Fingertips," "Candy Necklace," and "Grandfather, please stand over my father's shoulders while he deep sea fishes" will be my Ocean Blvd trifecta. :true:

I really wanted Candy Necklace to be my fave since I have a special relationship with the snippet but Im not sure of Jon being on the song and I swear if he gets a full verse BEFORE Father John Misty I’ll go UNHINGED

and also for giving me Margaret

Now seriously. I'm not going to place unrealistic expectations on Did You Know (...), but I hope it's a standalone album in their career, not one of visits to previous albums. It's been reassuring to see that all teas certify this.:thankyou:

Just now, hotshot2am said:

and Candy Necklace.

moving on from my hate towards Jon Batiste voice, do we know anything about this song? 

and also for giving me Margaret

1 minute ago, kaliuchis said:

moving on from my hate towards Jon Batiste voice, do we know anything about this song? 

BoZ only said there's a story behind this song that he can spill in 2025, otherwise nothing positive or negative.

3 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I'm obsessed with the haunting Fingertips melody so I know I'm going to love that one.

I'm also excited for A&W cause I love some trap beats :brows: and I'm really curious about where Candy Necklace goes after the snippet...

I haven't listened to the samples (except the SYML track) so I don't know what to expect from the other songs tho

giphy.gif

do we know the tracklist now? where did grandpa or whatever come from?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole