Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 hours ago, Crimson and Clover said:

not the fake lyrics on the site :deadbanana:

In the cock, in the cock, in the cockpit tea?

or the bartender has a black heart and with his black hand is stealing from the tip jar? :mj3:

9 hours ago, the ocean said:

i think everyone just got overwhelmed and stressed 

i know i sure did

I went outside and touched grass anyone else do this? 

Is There Anybody Else Excited GIF - Is There Anybody Else Excited Tamra Judge GIFs

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

3 hours ago, Skuj said:

Maybe the next pre-release track will be shockingly upbeat and eminently danceable. Then our collective (pre)conceptions of this album will be turned completely upsidedown.

Maybe. 

I’m just praying for A&W at this point :pray2:

I don’t think any of the new songs on the record will extraordinarily different ….some wild moments and ‘wow Lana hasn’t done that that before’ but the songs will still have a familiarity to them. So I try to lower my expectations to avoid disappointment. We are basically going off one person’s (boz) opinion.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

5 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I don’t think any of the new songs on the record will extraordinarily different ….some wild moments and ‘wow Lana hasn’t done that that before’ but the songs will still have a familiarity to them. So I try to lower my expectations to avoid disappointment. We are basically going off one person’s (boz) opinion.

wild experimentation and variety

8BD928CC-480E-4B49-BA3B-8A8A09EE81E7.thu

20 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I find that every Lana's record seems to have a completely different soundscape to me, I could elaborate on this but that's not the point - COCC and BB which seemed to be the most similar albums in her catalogue based on the gp/most of the fans opinion were both not BOZ's favourite ones so beside my personal opinion that he's quite accurate on describing the albums' sound, I guess all of us might expect a switch in terms of sound based on his adoration towards Ocean Blvd. Speaking of variety within the album - cohesiveness (except from BB) is kinda her brand so apart from 2-3 songs having sound similarities between them will be rather obvious and probably nothing surprising (though so many sources mention diversity)

36 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Also, tbh Blue Banisters had so many moments that were so different for everything she has ever done (ambient production on title track, sing-crying/screaming on Black Bathing Suit and it's chaotic drums, the rawness of Dealer) and Ocean Blvd has this "BB feeling" but it's more polished, more majestic, it's deeper and more grand - so my wild guess is that experimentation that she began with BB, will be continued on Ocean Blvd but in a more complex,  with more pathos and reasonable way.

39 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

i mean what else is there to expect ? as you said besides some "wow that’s unusual/new for lana" it will still be a Lana Del Rey record… if anyone expects her to make heavy metal disco tracks on this well… pray for them :deadbanana:

37 minutes ago, 111 said:

wild experimentation and variety

8BD928CC-480E-4B49-BA3B-8A8A09EE81E7.thu

this is what I actually expect with titles like A&W and gRaNdFaThEr pLeAsE StAnD On tHe sHoUlDeRs oF My fAtHeR WhIlE He's dEeP SeA FiShInG

We know Lana has pretentiousness when it comes to music especially post LFL-let’s just hope her collaborators reign her in instead of feeding this like Jack.

For what’s it’s worth-Change is top 3 piano ballad for me-it’s short, sweet and honest.

18 minutes ago, wheresthatboyfromdreams said:

Don't you think that tracklist with yellow sides and a typo SMYL is a real tracklist?

girl every tracklist online right now is either fake, unconfirmed, or trolling, except for

1. The Grants

2. Title track

3. Sweet

4. A&W

6. Candy Necklace

9. Fingertips

thats all we know for sure, not accounting for anything insiders have said