Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

Does anyone think Lana's going to release another song before the album drops?

i think she'll drop another song before the album gets released but i don't think before it gets leaked

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

No one cares but here are my two cents regarding the tracklist after sitting with it for the past two hours and juggling that with the info we know so far:

The Grants: I have great expectations for this one. Regardless of how we feel about Lana's albums individually, there's no denying the woman knows how to open an album. 10 years into her career as LDR and she always made exquisite openers. This one will be heavily centered on her family ("weddings! funerals!") but with a different approach I think. This is no Sweet Carolina, she's probably going deeper into her family lineage, specially after her grandma's passing and her nephew coming into the family. Perfect way to set the diaristic tone of the record while also paying tribute to one of her most cherished foundations. BOZ said it would be an amazing album trailer so that must mean it encapsulates the record's tone rather well.

Genre prediction: String/piano sweeping ballad, in the vein of NFR (title track).

Sweet: described as the Love Song of the album which personally speaking I find quite the compliment! It will probably sound amazing right after the title track and if we count on The Grants not being too crazy, we have a pretty harmonious trio to start off the album before chaos kicks in. Nothing wrong about listening to Lana being vulnerable and, well, sweet. Wouldn't descredit this one right out the gate but I feel like it's one of those tracks that will get underlooked/underappreciated at first.

Genre prediction: Piano ballad, in the vein of Love Song.

AW: Angry guitars that later turn into a sweeping trap breakdown while she sings about her experience as an American Whore... what else can be said? Already a fan-favorite.

Judah Smith Interlude: I'm not a huge fan of this one and #7 being titled the way they are not because they're weird sounding but because it's strange to think Lana will soon have two tracks called Judah Smith Interlude and Jon Batiste Interlude out there... Either way, there's not much to say besides hoping this one's themes tie nicely with the previous track (whore vs. saint, sin vs. purity, etc).

Candy Necklace: Really excited for this one! I still can't quite understand if the snippet she shared featured piano or acoustic guitar but either way, I'm here for it. I think BOZ described it as the centerpiece of the album, didn't he? Intrigued by this one not being a Jon Batiste feature and yet still be co-written by him. Hmm.

Jon Batiste Interlude: See #5. Kintsugi did say this one is as bad as the pastor interlude while BOZ remained silent about it. I have no idea what to expect of it.

Kintsugi: I have been hyping this one to high heavens because of its sheer placement. This track will follow the chaotic energy of the AW-Interlude-Candy Necklace-Interlude sequence while also being the literal middlepoint of the album - from this point forward we're going straight ahead to the second half of the album which has been praised by both BOZ and Cuntsugi so track 8 slicing this album in two halves is incredibly exciting for me. Plus the concept is really sick!

Genre prediction: No clue at all but I'm going no guts no glory on this one and predict an acoustic guitar moment, ala Chemtrails.

Fingertips: I have a feeling this one will be major. Confessional, diaristic and incredibly poetic, even to a degree I can assume it might get jarring to a few fans. Nonetheless, if the lyric Lana shared in her Interview Mag photoshoot is anything to go by, this song will be a moment. Whew.

Genre prediction: Bare piano ballad, in the vein of Hope is a Dangerous Thing.

Paris, Texas: Look, the title is a serve and I'm claiming it by default because it combines two things I adore: auteur cinema and Lana. However this one does feature the SYML sample so it's probably going to be a melancholic piano ballad - which I don't mind at all but I do wish this title had been reserved for one of the bops haha.

Genre prediction: Piano ballad, in the vein of Change.

Grandfather Please Stand on The Shoulders of My Father While He’s Deep-Sea Fishing: I have no fucking idea where she's going with this and I love it. 

Genre prediction: I have no clue but I would say the connection BOZ made between this one and MAC might indicate something?

Let The Light In: I wanted a proper duet with FJM (like that last chorus in Buddy's Rendezvous) but apparently Lana taylorswifted FJM into backing vocals (or was this debunked?). Excited for this one because they always make magic together.

Genre prediction: Fuck it. Jazz/blues.

Margaret: I know most of y'all hate Strogonoff and his producing antics - and I do agree his singing voice can be off-putting - but I'd say Secret Life is a cute little track and if this one emulates that, we won! After a quick research, I found out that her grandma is called Cynthia, not Margaret.

Genre prediction: soft rock?

Fishtail: The only title I wholeheartedly dislike. This one is sampling that AK song (which is soft and melodic trap) so maybe this one is the TJF/CG/Cherry of the album?

Genre prediction: Piano ballad + trap.

Peppers: I don't want to expect a slutty song from Lana at this point but who knows. I was told Lana snapped on this one so I'm assuming it's wild.

Genre prediction: electronic rock OR trap.

Taco Truck x VB: In love with this title. So fucking bizarre. If it samples VB and has an outro for the books, there's not much more I can say. Let it wash over us.

IMG-7960.jpg

3 minutes ago, Hotsummerlilac said:

potential resentment against Miley Cyrus,

Let’s not go down that road. Neither probably care as they are very unlikely to be closely involved with the whole date process. As far as I know they are on quite good terms and Miley really likes Lana. So no need to stir up fake drama

5 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

Does anyone think Lana's going to release another song before the album drops?

no

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, Blossom said:

Yes 100%

2 minutes ago, paris texas said:

i think she'll drop another song before the album gets released but i don't think before it gets leaked

Just now, NikoGo said:

no

:bebe:

12 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

im sorry can i just take a second again to be in awe that @Fingertips guessed the Grandfather title down to every last word… like not even “Grandpa please stand on the shoulders of my father” which phonetically sounds better, literally word from word :rip:

I cannot get over it :bebe:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

13 minutes ago, BoDaToe said:

A LB icon

:kiss2:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I remember being in Montreal, 2014, west coast has been released and she’s still wearing her baby doll dresses

she opens the set list with crooning ouhs, and then she says it’s a cruel cruel world

let the light in, it’s a cruel cruel world 

I remember thinking it was so gorgeous when she sang that line

im so fucking pumped 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

17 minutes ago, BoDaToe said:

I don’t think you’ll find one in here:gasp: 

Well, if by an chance the gods make an exception for bottoms with daddy issues, I will volunteer as tribute because it pains me us CD collectors don't get enough love

On 2/24/2023 at 1:34 AM, Americanboy said:

Hairy assholes are better than smooth ones

1 minute ago, jinsouldilf said:

im so glad the tracklist got a proper reveal instead of a leak. this is a good and real era so far! :true: i have not one complaint about anything we've gotten

Yay! Did you like the title track? :coffee:

Just now, Fingertips said:

Yay! Did you like the title track? :coffee:

it grew on me a lot! i thought it was alright when it first came out (though a bit boring, as its not new ground for her), but the lyrics are very moving to me now, and stand out from some of her recent work. in retrospect its probably a good thing that the lead single didn't have a divisive sound, if we got something out of left field it might've set a bad tone for the era. and i like it much more than some of the singles from her past two albums so i really can't complain!

2 minutes ago, jinsouldilf said:

it grew on me a lot! i thought it was alright when it first came out (though a bit boring, as its not new ground for her), but the lyrics are very moving to me now, and stand out from some of her recent work. in retrospect its probably a good thing that the lead single didn't have a divisive sound, if we got something out of left field it might've set a bad tone for the era. and i like it much more than some of the singles from her past two albums so i really can't complain!

Glad you liked it! I love it a lot. Yeah, I think this era would have been over before it started if she released American Whore as the first single, regardless of how good it is :air:

Anyways when American Whore is going to be about corruption and the decay of the American dream this is gonna look stupid. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹