Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

6 hours ago, GrenadineGrass said:

i just wonder why no one could BOTHER to just change one line on her website to code to change the date, idk lol xGnqS45.png

Yeah, I noticed it too. But she announced the change Friday night. Usually, not much is happening in the weekend regarding music (no wonder leakers don’t post in the week, it takes longer to have the song removed when posted on a Saturday or Friday night :shh2:

I guess she was just informed of the situation and wanted to tell us firsthand, giving us a little bonus (the boxset art and merch coming). I’m thinking that the tracklist might have been revealed by « accident », when she posted the new vinyl art.

i expect the tracklist and new date to be updated on Monday. 

So, now that we have the tracklist and the song lengths, here are the songs that I think could be the next single. Question is: how many are expected before the album and would a delay mean a third single could be a possibility (I always thought there’d be two this time around)?

- Grandfather please stand… : it’s a 4 min song, which is perfect in length. It’s another long-ass acronym like Tunnel was (good for « continuity » of the era, if that is a thing) and references water, another part of the imagery of the era. 

the other three could be singles IMO regardless of their length: 
- Fingertips: it seems like a very special song to her and she loves to release the « heart » of an album (although I think she already did, with the title track)

- AW or A&W (or whatever title): longest song, but it is Jack’s favourite and everytime he has worked with Lana, his fave has been a single (the greatest, Chemtrails)

- Candy Necklace : it’s a collab and would make sense to release one to have a « taste » of those. Plus Jon Batiste is probably the artist out of all of her collabs that has the most « star-power ». But that song was the first to receive the snippet treatment and we all know that it almost never equals to a single release :toofunny:

20 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

fgleacwc75ca1.jpg

just found out that this Dec 18 2010 photoshoot L did with Naomi Shon was called "Paris, Texas"

I cannot waiit for this track, the film obviously means a lot to her

https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/Naomi_Shon

what if all songs were named after photo shoots? maybe the cassette with "Rust Dress" was a hint 

7 hours ago, GrenadineGrass said:

i just wonder why no one could BOTHER to just change one line on her website to code to change the date, idk lol xGnqS45.png

the same with the youtube page of the tunnel song and the preorder links, nowhere the old date was updated

6 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

what if all songs were named after photo shoots? maybe the cassette with "Rust Dress" was a hint 

would b iconic. Id wanna get my hands on the AW, Kintsugi, Candy Necklace photoshoots asap .. imagine the material

but I cant imagine any shoots called GPSOTSOMFWHDSF or Taco Truck x VB:godlaugh:

i’m so excited for the album but what do i do once it’s out and i’ve already digested it? like it’s literally over..:pft:

like, nothing compares to the excitement and hype of a pre release and i’ve been around for every pre-release after LFL..

i’m not ready to say goodbye to this crazy thread

but we all know she’ll probably start teasing LDRX like the day after release .. see you in the pre-pre-release :kiss:

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

So, now that we have the tracklist and the song lengths, here are the songs that I think could be the next single. Question is: how many are expected before the album and would a delay mean a third single could be a possibility (I always thought there’d be two this time around)?

- Grandfather please stand… : it’s a 4 min song, which is perfect in length. It’s another long-ass acronym like Tunnel was (good for « continuity » of the era, if that is a thing) and references water, another part of the imagery of the era. 

the other three could be singles IMO regardless of their length: 
- Fingertips: it seems like a very special song to her and she loves to release the « heart » of an album (although I think she already did, with the title track)

- AW or A&W (or whatever title): longest song, but it is Jack’s favourite and everytime he has worked with Lana, his fave has been a single (the greatest, Chemtrails)

- Candy Necklace : it’s a collab and would make sense to release one to have a « taste » of those. Plus Jon Batiste is probably the artist out of all of her collabs that has the most « star-power ». But that song was the first to receive the snippet treatment and we all know that it almost never equals to a single release :toofunny:

I’ve noticed her singles or the more “mainstream” songs are usually the first few. So my guess is Sweet or AW. Based on what we hear from insiders and descriptions, AW sounds like it will be even if it’s longer. They could always release a radio edit. 

20 minutes ago, MJA said:

I’ve noticed her singles or the more “mainstream” songs are usually the first few. So my guess is Sweet or AW. Based on what we hear from insiders and descriptions, AW sounds like it will be even if it’s longer. They could always release a radio edit. 

Ever since Jack said A&W was his favorite and that BoZ said the song was wild, I can’t wait to hear it!!! I really hope it’s the next single, especially if the album is indeed delayed for another two weeks. A long track sure would feed us. As we all know, NFR’s pre-release was insufferable but thank God for MAC, VB and Hope being released : they were so excellent that it did help with the neverending wait for the album. 

1 hour ago, Taco Truck x VB said:

i’m so excited for the album but what do i do once it’s out and i’ve already digested it? like it’s literally over..:pft:

like, nothing compares to the excitement and hype of a pre release and i’ve been around for every pre-release after LFL..

i’m not ready to say goodbye to this crazy thread

but we all know she’ll probably start teasing LDRX like the day after release .. see you in the pre-pre-release :kiss:

Yeah, there’s always that down that comes a few days after we have the album… 

To me, though, once that « grief » of pre-release jitters has passed, there is now a new phase that I love: one where I learn to « live » with this album, where I find new meanings to lyrics or hear new elements that wow me, or simply connect with songs I didn’t used to. Maybe because I have been a rabid fan since the HM era, it’s also nice to have a couple of weeks without any feeling of being at the edge of our seats because something about the album could be coming. Pre-releases and pre-pre-releases sure are exciting and addictive, but they’re also a bit draining (and not good at all for my bad case of FOMO :toofunny:). 
Even if an album is only a couple of months/ weeks old, once she starts posting snippets or once insiders begin to spill on something coming, I know it’s over for me and I’ll be riled in that wild roller coasters of a new era :toofunny: (fake dates and album titles that she talks about on release day don’t count anymore since they change all the time)

11 minutes ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

i doubt the album is delayed since the date hasn't changed on any of her sites or youtube, so march 24th is probably merch release date

Maybe, and I sure hope so. The sooner we get that album, the better :godlaugh:

But she announced this on a Friday night (probably the minute she learned about it) and not much ever happens on the weekend regarding music and updates on streaming platforms / websites. 
Monday morning, if the date has changed, it should be updated, with the tracklist as well. I prefer to tell myself the album has been delayed for two weeks and be glad if the release is still planned for the March 10 date, than to tell myself it’s coming on the 10th and be furious it’s been delayed (« May 26 LFL release because it was confirmed by many reliable sources » tea, or « March 29 NFR release date because of Billboard and she said top of the year » :toofloppy:)

I want to believe that the 24th is just for the merch but it also makes sense that they told her on Friday and before making it official she told us already cause she was pissed :thumb2:

We'll have to see tomorrow if dates start changing on music platforms and her store... 

Miley did way better than anyone expected so that could be the reason but they could just move it 1 week idk.

What's really weird is that they put her the same day as Ellie since hers was already delayed once and they share managers and UK label :wtf3:

giphy.gif