Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, Pale Fire said:

:awkney2: y’all she said March 24 what’s so hard to wrap ur head around………

This… like :rip:

Maybe the vinyls are now being released that date and at least the album still comes to streaming the 10th but OBVIOUSLY there is significance to her post, she didn’t just go on and lie for fun lol

2 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

:awkney2: y’all she said March 24 what’s so hard to wrap ur head around………

It's the Delulu energy :slayty:

12 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Until these dates change then It’s still the 10th of March. Retailers have not got any updates that the album is delayed.  All we have is Lana who is vague and deleted the post,  and has a history of lying changing her mind.  Wikipedia can’t confirm anything.  

to be fair, Lana didn't delete the post. It got taken down because it went against guidelines..I think she was told Friday it was delayed, and that's why she posted the passive aggressive "March 24 now thanks". I think it'll update Monday when people go back to work. Her randomly announcing it on a Friday night was the problem

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, White Dress said:

This… like :rip:

Maybe the vinyls are now being released that date and at least the album still comes to streaming the 10th but OBVIOUSLY there is significance to her post, she didn’t just go on and lie for fun lol

I hope not, I don't want it to be a mess like the Blue Banisters release. I have a feeling that they want to do things seriously this time but the word serious together with Lana's team is like telling a joke.

37 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

1) there was absolutely 0 hype for BB, no one except some stans cared or even knew about its release. i know so many fans who didn’t even know she’d put out another album until months later :rip:

2) there’s so many vinyl variants and now a box set. Cocc barely had 2 vinyls and granted bb had like 4 but most of them were pretty limited (and half of them pretty ugly lbr) and hard to find. The Tunnel vinyls are a lot easier to get, a lot prettier and better promoted (them already restocking the Amazon and fanc/hmv variants etc) 

3) tunnel has more hype than anything she put out after nfr combined and album sales are lower than ever. she’ll easily outstream and outsell bb (the bar is low i know :stareney:) especially with the music being a lot more interesting and polarizing than an album full of boring piano ballads about nikki 

Boring piano ballads... the songs that she is sampling are all slow piano ones, have you heard them? "Did you know there's a bla bla" is also piano driven. You just need to accept that Lana is mostly a piano ballad singer... and personally, I love that! 

Besides, I don't really see more hype or something that different than the Blue Banisters era :um:

Just now, coneyisland said:

Boring piano ballads... the songs that she is sampling are all slow piano ones, have you heard them? "Did you know there's a bla bla" is also piano driven. You just need to accept that Lana is mostly a piano ballad singer... and personally, I love that! 

Besides, I don't really see more hype or something different than Blue Banisters era :um:

I do see more hype for this era because everything seems to be done properly. Probably they want to do something serious after BB.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet... since it seems like the release date has been pushed back by 2wks. Is there speculation it's because Miley announced her new album on the 10th also, or because they are adding a boxset? I'm guessing the boxset had to be planned out well in advance for production reasons. Clearly the album is finished at this point. So the delay has to be for a reason 🤷🏼‍♂️

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

3 minutes ago, coneyisland said:

Besides, I don't really see more hype or something that different than the Blue Banisters era :um:

once again let’s not call dykttatuob a piano ballad album until we hear it…piano driven sure, but that doesn’t mean they’re all ballads and we  literally don’t know what the production is gonna sound like and what instruments will be added.

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Chemtrails was also delayed 2 weeks from March 5th to March 19th, so this two week bump isn't really that unusual, it's just different because March 10th was officially announced/confirmed. I'm sure they're trying to avoid the same vinyl problems they had with BB, and giving everything time to be sorted out. We know this has to be a label decision and if it was up to her the album would already be out, so I don't blame her for it, but the two week delay (even if it is only 2 weeks) is annoying

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Nvm im hyped for the album again:clapback: insiders need to stop describing songs cuz they always lie and send us into delusion. When they said lmlylaw will sound like Fine china and White dress like Stargirl :awkney:

They also need to stop being like "omg this is her magnum opus", building up expectations to godly proportions based off of their own personal appreciation is never a good idea imho. :awkney:

Just now, J.R.OMEGA said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet... since it seems like the release date has been pushed back by 2wks. Is there speculation it's because Miley announced her new album on the 10th also, or because they are adding a boxset? I'm guessing the boxset had to be planned out well in advance for production reasons. Clearly the album is finished at this point. So the delay has to be for a reason 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think it's because her label (not Lana because as you know she doesn't care) wants her album to go number one and since Miley is releasing her album on the 10th they pushed back the release date to have more chances to get the first spot. 

5 minutes ago, coneyisland said:

Besides, I don't really see more hype or something different than Blue Banisters era :um:

Are you listening to the leaked demo snippet or something?? In what world is Did you know piano driven? It's probably her most string driven song to date :bebe:

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, wheresthatboyfromdreams said:

can you drop the link? I don't get it

The right image will take you here: :) http://lanaboards.com/blogs/entry/1537-did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd-timeline-updated-constantly/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

Are you listening to the leaked demo snippet or something?? In what world is Did you know piano driven? It's probably her most string driven song to date :bebe:

istg some people on here are either dense on purpose and will hit you with the "video games is a piano ballad too and therefor the same as arcadia" for the 567th time or just plain stupid :awkney:

What I'm worried about is that the delay makes it leak early anyway or makes another vinyl first week mess.

Not like I care that much about charts but if they truly delayed it for a good peak and we have to wait two more weeks she better get that number 1 too :eek:

Since the delay came 2 months in advance and the physicals are not done I guess they can't stop vinyl plants from sending it early and that way stores that didn't get the memo can't actually put it on sale before the real date

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

What I'm worried about is that the delay makes it leak early anyway or makes another vinyl first week mess.

Not like I care that much about charts but if they truly delayed it for a good peak and we have to wait two more weeks she better get that number 1 too :eek:

Since the delay came 2 months in advance and the physicals are not done I guess they can't stop vinyl plants from sending it early and that way stores that didn't get the memo can't actually put it on sale before the real date

Lana has never been able to avoid a leak, in any shape or form, since Ultraviolence so I think it's safe to assume that this album will leak at least 10 days in advance. :um:

Ultraviolence was legit on YouTube like a week ahead of time. We had the Urban Outfitters LQ files from the listening parties for Honeymoon. LFL was made available for sale in some stores a week ahead of time. We had cassette girl and then the HQ rip ahead of time for NFR. Chemtrails leaked, again, 10 day or so before the release date. BB was available in Canada on October 15th, I legit bought a copy that morning and it leaked a few hours later (didn't leak it myself though).

This album will leak. It's rocket science. :agree2: